Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

This is my HG foundation. I love it! When I thought Prescriptives was going out of business I ran out and bought 5 backups. I am relieved that I can still purchase Prescriptives online. I use Retin A and many liquid foundations emphasize the dry flakes that I am always fighting. This mineral powder gives me great natural looking coverage without emphasizing my dry skin. I do use a concealer under it on a few dark spots left over from blemishes. The color is perfect for me ( I use level 2 warm light). My favorite part is how easy and quick it is to apply. I have to get up at 5am and I'm too tired in the morning to fuss with anything complicated. This Is much quicker and easier to apply then liquid foundation. One container also lasts me almost a year and I use it almost every day. I have used the Prescriptives powder brush but I prefer to use my Sephora mineral makeup brush.

on 1/19/2010 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is great. Its like the Laura mercier mineral powder but it is richer for dryer skin.
The ingredients are just fantastic. all the prescriptives products have really good ingredients in general. the result is flawless. they have such diversity of colors to match the skin tone well. natural sun block also.this one lasts really a long time. 1.5 years for a tub. its worth the money for sure. too bad they will stop making such great things soon.

on 12/5/2009 4:39:00 PM

agree. same problem. i now have a much scarred chin thanks to a few times using this

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is such a wonderful product i don't use mineral makeup often but when i do this is my go to powder i use it over my tinted moisturizer when i want a light finish and i am having a day off from my regular liquid foundation and powder. It has such a light feeling and such wonderful coverage for a mineral powder. Also it doesn't get overly shiny throughout the day as most mineral powders. I will most definitely stock up on this product. It is a must have:)

on 10/1/2009 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My search for mineral makeup is over. I tried many cheaper brands and returned them all for various reasons, wrong color, showed wrinkles, pores, etc. I have been a Prescriptives foundation wearer for over 15+ years and why I didn't think to look at my favorite, I do not know. I plunked down the $32.50 and a bunch more $$ because Prescriptives is going out of business and I cannot be without my favorite foundations. I read all the reviews and was hoping that I would like this product, and I do....

I put tons of moisturizer on my skin and applied concealer on one side of my face only. I left the other side without concealer to see how much coverage the mineral makeup would provide. The coverage was beautiful on both sides, but the side without concealer would only work for going to the grocery store, running errands, etc. I tried to apply concealer over the mineral makeup and that created a mess and my pores looked really weird.

I am a novice at applying this, so I know that I will have experiment to get the right finish. The color match was perfect. I chatted online with the Prescriptives representative and she recommended the color based on my current foundation. I am a Y/O and Vellum is my shade and I purchased the Warm Light 2 and it is perfect.

on 9/15/2009 1:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Having had mediocre mineral makeup experiences in the past, I had been skeptical about throwing $33 dollars to try this. However, my doubts have been banished and I'm a believer again.

This finely milled powder gives buildable coverage and makes skin appear radiant, as if glowing from within. The spf 15 seems true, and is highly effective at preventing sunburn. Pores are minimized, even without the use of a primer beforehand.

My only criticism of this product lies with its packaging. Some sort of opening/closing mechanism on top of the powder shaker would have been more ideal.

on 9/3/2009 11:38:00 PM

i've got big pores, rosacea, and blackheads. So naturally, I NEED COVERAGE. That said, i hate the too made up look especially during daytime, so my foundation not only has to give decent coverage, but also look natural. For everyday use, i'm not a big fan of matte foundations, anything thick and cakey turns me off. SO when i finally discovered prescriptives, i was just AMAZED. I've tried BE, and practically every mineral foundation out there that claims to offer that translucent natural look, not one impressed me like prescriptives did. I still continue to test out mineral powders occasionally, seriously, nothing beats prescriptives. Unlike most mineral powders (like be) where u have to apply a finishing powder or something of that sort, prescriptives has natural minerals (quartz, etc) in their powders so that it give that extra natural luminous glow. On top of that, u know prescriptives are dermatologicaly (help with spelling and grammar? lol) tested and approved, so that means its not harming ur skin. I'd also like to mention that 3 weeks after using it, my complexion actually improved a fair bit! less pimples and redness. i really can't say enough about this product... GO GET IT!

on 6/20/2009 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation provides a great amount of coverage for my skin and never looks caked on like some other mineral make ups. It is keeping my skin looking flawless all work day long too. I love it.

on 3/29/2009 8:37:00 PM

Nice coverage, very non-irritating. The Salespeople can work with you for a perfect color. My favorite elements are: SPF, good for sensitive skin, a little goes a LONG way and extremely build-able. The coverage lasts well, but when you want that "fresh make up" look at the end of the day before going out - you can definitely get that with this makeup. Try it by going to the counter in the morning on your day off, have them do your face for you, wear it all day doing your normal thing and examine how it wears for you late in the evening.
Didn't last as long as it should have for the price. I'm going to dry cheaper mineral foundations.

on 3/19/2009 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this MMU and I swore I was done with MMU at the end of last summer. This is very (I mean very) finely milled almost to the point when my brush hits it, it poofs in the are like smoke. This can be either a good thing or bad thing like breathing it in :(. The finish is very sheer so if I wanted to use it as a finishing powder I can, or I can build the coverage. I find the shade selection impressive, and I think over all if you get color matched by someone at Px who knows what they are doing, the look and finish will be flawless. Don't be afraid to try the cool colors because they are not that cool but more neutral. I was matched to Cool Level 2 and I am NC/NW20 in the winter. The real test will be how it holds up in the heat an humidity in the summer (the itching so far with this NONE - it may be more for sensitive skins than BE) . I LOVE the container it comes in and it makes swirling the brush around a breeze. Why did I give 4 lippies instead of 5? For one, is the way it is milled - you really have to be careful not to breath this stuff in. Second, it is a bit pricey. This reminds me a lot of Every Day Minerals which is about a third less expensive. Unfortunately, I didn't do well with getting a color match with them no matter how many samples I've tried.
EDIT: I had to return this. Broke out in hives/rash. Not sure why. I do have sensitive skin though. Took off a lippie.