Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

3.1

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

HG foundation! I have been using BE for a year or so, and was pretty happy with it,until I tried this. I work in cosmetics and this counter is right next to me. I always noticed SO MANY people buying their foundation and thought there must be something great about it, so I had my gf who works there color match me in the minerals. I love it, I am cool and this give sme the little pinkyness to match my skin perfectly that the BE medium didnt give, and to combat any redness around my nose and darkness under my eyes I pair this with the flawless concealor in a warm color like my friend suggested because the warn gets rid of the redness, boy was she so right! MY SKIN LOOKS AMAZING when I wear this, I seriously look like I am wearing no make up, and to say that while wearing a concealor as welll, its pretty awesome. This is my new go to brand for my face. I also use the comfort cream and comfort nights moisturizers for my sensitive skin, AMAZING. no breakouts from any of it, I am just so pleased! GO TRY IT!PX even gives you a free sample of your color to take home and use yourself.

on 3/19/2009 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this MMU and I swore I was done with MMU at the end of last summer. This is very (I mean very) finely milled almost to the point when my brush hits it, it poofs in the are like smoke. This can be either a good thing or bad thing like breathing it in :(. The finish is very sheer so if I wanted to use it as a finishing powder I can, or I can build the coverage. I find the shade selection impressive, and I think over all if you get color matched by someone at Px who knows what they are doing, the look and finish will be flawless. Don't be afraid to try the cool colors because they are not that cool but more neutral. I was matched to Cool Level 2 and I am NC/NW20 in the winter. The real test will be how it holds up in the heat an humidity in the summer (the itching so far with this NONE - it may be more for sensitive skins than BE) . I LOVE the container it comes in and it makes swirling the brush around a breeze. Why did I give 4 lippies instead of 5? For one, is the way it is milled - you really have to be careful not to breath this stuff in. Second, it is a bit pricey. This reminds me a lot of Every Day Minerals which is about a third less expensive. Unfortunately, I didn't do well with getting a color match with them no matter how many samples I've tried.
EDIT: I had to return this. Broke out in hives/rash. Not sure why. I do have sensitive skin though. Took off a lippie.

on 7/20/2008 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to like this product so bad! I tried on, and purchased the Level 2 warm light (I am NC25). But, after purchasing, I looked in the car mirror and saw huge pores, metallic skin, and giant wrinkles. This foundation made me look 10 years older, at least! I had to go into the restroom and wash my makeup off completely.

PRO- it didn't bother my eyes CONS- it exaggerated my wrinkles, pores and uneven texture. It looked good inside the store, but not outside in real light. SKIN TYPE- sensitive, combo.

I am disappointed! I thought it was going to be great. But, I am returning it unopened today.

on 7/7/2008 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Found the coverage good, but the feel very heavy and dry. The colors are also very dark. I only tried it at the counter, but because of the dry feel to it I didn't buy it....I may go back and try it again with a different primer because I did like the coverage.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have the most sensitive of sensitive skins, with rosacea, and just about all liquid foundations make me flush and/or break out. I'm a big Alima MMU fan, having used and loved it for 2 years now. I recently decided to give a couple of Prescriptives products a try to see how far I could push the envelope. This was a no go. Compared to Alima this felt scratchy/dry going onto my skin and it highlighted the dry areas/lines on my upper cheeks under my eyes. Within minutes my skin started itching. I already know I have a problem with bismuth, which is what led me to try Alima, EM and Cory MMU in the first place, but as bismuth was listed so low in the ingredient list on the Prescriptives product I thought I might be able to get away with it. I can't say for sure which ingredient in this my skin didn't like because it has a long list of ingredients compared to the e-tailer MMUs I mentioned and some - meaning the gems - are rather unusual for a foundation (see list of ingredients in the first review of this product below), but there is clearly something in it I can't tolerate. Also, unlike the reviewer below me, I was not at all impressed with the brush. It is a nice shape and it's very cute but it's sorely lacking in the softness department. Alima, EM or Aromaleigh would be far better choices for someone with very sensitive skin. All offer very soft synthetic brushes that will be far less likely to irritate truly sensitive skin. So bottom line, this might be a good option for those with normal and/or oily skin but, in my opinion, those with sensitive, dry and/or rosacea skin should look elsewhere. MAC NC15/Alima N1

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this foundation, but I'm allergic to something in it. I broke out in little bumps all over my face and started itching.

The coverage lasted a while for me, but I have oily skin so by mid-afternoon it faded.

It does have a tendency to look caked on which was also a minus.

I purchased the warm 4 medium.

The mineral brush that comes with it was awesome though!

on 6/22/2008 1:56:00 PM