Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

on 5/27/2009 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

One thing I like about this product is :
1. it does provide coverage. medium to full. even sheer. (you can build it)
2. no itch for me.
3. prescriptives is great for matching skin tones, so i got the right shade. (That's always a hard part)
Cons include:
1. Its pretty drying for me. And when it's dry that's when it could itch.
But it's not that im allergic to anything in it, it's just drying.
It may be better for you if you use a good primer or liquid foundation or moisturizer under. Even then it was still drying for me though.
2. The smell was a little bit offputting.
3. It's completely matte no tiny shimmer or sheen like BE.
I didn't like that it was completely matte, I wanted a little bit of a more dewy look, but NOT like BE'S sheen. uh* gross.

I wouldn't repurchase. I found smashbox halo powder that I love. I mix it with this stuff sometimes in order to not let this product go to waste.
It costs 32USD.
quite expensive..

update: So, I wanted to get this mmu again, but then realized all the cons to it. It really is pretty drying. It feels too powdery, yes, i know it's a powder but some mmu powders feel nice and creamy. Apart from that, I did like the complete matte, but then I realized it made my face look too dull.
Bummer again.

on 5/27/2009 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I've been a BM MMU user for years and although I don't "love" BM its the only foundation that's easy to use, super lightweight and does not break me out. Anyway, I've been looking for a MMU with less "sheen" than BM and since I love PX Traceless tint I decided to give this a try. Well, the jury is still out . . . . my shade Level 5 Warm which is an exact match to my BM shade Warm Tan without the "sheen" and as with the BE, the spf makes the color a little off on darker skin at least until it oxidizes. Anyway, I noticed that my face starting itching with this product. No reddness or rash just itch. This uses different ingredients for the SPF formulation than the BE and I did use the PX buff brush, not sure if its the product or the brush. It's been several months later and i tried it again . . . no itch. Hmmmm . . . . I'm not sure what changed and I'm still using the product but im not sure if i'll purchase it again. We'll see.

UPDATE: Not sure why this itched me when I first used it but been using it almost daily and now I really like it. Its just as light on the skin as BE and I think this will officially replace my loyalty to BE. It does not break me out and does not have that BE "luminosity" that looks a bit flat and metallic on darker compextions.

on 3/28/2009 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is my second attempt at mineral makeup. I normally use Mac Studio Fix, but am tiring of it. I liked the healthy aspects of mineral makeup. I first tried Pure Mineral Makeup and it looked like dirt on my face. This goes on beautifully. I do get oily in my t-zone, but that's normal. What's great, is that I still have coverage at the end of the day. My Studio Fix would be gone by the end of the day. I'm very happy with this product.

I am AA, so the range of colors is what drew me to PX.

on 3/13/2009 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yuck!! Weird glow/shine. Highlighted imperfections. Only thing I like is the container - considered keeping just for that but not worth $50 Cdn. Hopefully I can return. Jane Iredale is much more natural and has just as many colour choices. Also higher SPF.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

looks okay maybe for pictures and from far away. BUT from up close you can see it and it made me feel really fake

on 11/2/2008 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS! I tried BE and, like most reviewers stated, you look like a disco ball. This mineral foundation makes you look totally natural. I do like using my BE brush, since the one they recommend for this provides a heavier coverage that I do not need. This product is also great at absorbing oil. I may blot once during the afternoon, though its not entirely a must. I hope they make this product forever.

on 10/12/2008 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I so love this foundation! I wear Level 6 Warm, and unlike other mineral foundations for dark skin, this doesn't leave me a shiny, ashy, glittery mess. It just blends perfectly, not too shiny or too matte. I used to use the Jane Iredale Chesnut Pressed Mineral powder, but this is a more neutral shade and controls oil better. (I still use blotting papers but its not as bad as when I was using the Jane Iredale). I haven't had breakouts since I started using mineral foundations, but everyone's skin is different. I think its totaly worth the price.

on 9/13/2008 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

First, I have to say this is by far one of the best mineral Foundation on the market, trumping BM with its easy application steps. One powder allows you achieve a flawless coverage and conceal. Below I provided a few tips in application to get a luminous flawless finish. As expressed by another reviewer it's all in the application.
I can't express to users enough that, less is more with this PX minerals.

To apply
- Tap a sprinkle of powder into the top. Next swirl the brush around so that either your round buff brush or retractable brush is evenly coated, tap off any excess. When you apply remember the harder you press the heavier your application, so barely touch the skin.

- Use a circular motion from the highest point of your cheek @ the hairline inwards to the side of the nose, slightly work you way down to the nostril back out to ear, from jawline to chin backup all the way to the forehead and down below the nose. Then repeat for the other side.

-Once you have 1 sheer application, you can reapply for more coverage in areas needed, like around the nostrils and eyes. I suggest you switch to a smaller brush like the soft shadow brush if you want to use it as a concealer on the face or around the eye. If you are using the retractable brush which will initally offer a sheerer coverage than the round buff brush. You have a little more variety, by slightly retracting your brush halfway, it allows you to get into those smaller areas.

* I hope these tips help. I love Px and there products however it is a very customize line, you have to get a PX SA that loves their job and doesn't frown on you asking questions.To each of the reviewers that gave low ratings, the SA should've shared with them these tips and given them a application guide to take home.
There are several things to remember when trying any Mineral Powder, such as the condition of you skin and mineral doesn't mean it wouldn't cause you breakouts. Mineral powder are Mostly made from ingredients found in nature, however many of us carry allergies to natural ingredients. It is a reality that some people may not be able to use this product. But for most its an amzing product. Be Aware of your skin and its needs. All cosmetics contain so form of technology in order to stablize the product, it's a matter of how much. Also if you are a die hard liquid fdtn lover, you may not love Mineral Pwders, have its an options if you are pressed for time. *** I wish you all the best.

on 7/24/2008 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't have young, poreless skin by any means - grrr - but this product is working well for me after two weeks of initially skeptical use. Living in the humid South, my priority is decent coverage with minimal makeup-feel that won't make my already oily skin worse. That's why I like the idea of powder, mineral or otherwise. I purchased this on a sort-of-whim and am surprisingly pleased. Compared to Bare Minerals, this has much less of that annoying shiny *glow* that had a tendency to make my pores look like craters. I so wanted to love Bare Minerals but after years of on-and-off frustration, it's just not for me. Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation applied with a light hand gives me a texture that almost looks darn close to what I wish my skin looked like w/o make-up. I'm still a bit oily looking after awhile, but nothing a quick fluff of Mineral Veil can't fix. The coverage, though shockingly natural, manages to take care of my red undertones and stays true all day. I can't say the same for any high or low end liquid or powder. ************************
Alas, I ended up returning this. The shimmer which didn't seem obnoxious in the beginning really began to bug me. And this sounds weird but the powder felt almost wet upon application. The more closely I inspected my face, the less I liked the way this stuff sat on my skin. Oh well, it seemed like a possible winner but, in the end, no love match!