Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

3.9

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

just okay for.. i used it like after foundation powder.. didn't really like it.. i'm just using it cuz it was expensive and i don't want to waste money.. i still break out from this, so just using it when needed.. will not buy again besides from discountinuing brand.. was hoping for better..
=(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wow, for someone so picky I'm surprised to say HG HG HG!!! I am normally a girl who needs a full coverage fdtn. and I have gone through so many bottles of liquid fdtn. I originally purchased this together with a custom made fdtn from Presciptives (which I love!!! HG too). I went home the next day and used the powder over the fdtn. and ewwww. Cakey, fake and oily all at the same time, YUCK! So this stuff had been sitting in the back of my makeup drawer for ages! I had recently been performing in musical theatre so I had been caking on the harsh stage makeup and sweating and I could see my skin stressing so the days I wasn't performing I boycotted my normal mu routine and just used my smashbox primer and the mineral powder overtop, WOW WOW WOW WOW. This provides full coverage and looks and feels like my real skin, I can literally look in the mirror up close and not be able to tell I am wearing fdtn. All I need is to put concealer on my heavy duty acne and it's perfect!!! I am so in love, there used to be days where I could not leave the house without a full face of labour intensive liquid fdtn. but with primer and this I look so polished and lovely!!! So a tip, DO NOT use over another fdtn, try by itself and It will be great!! :)

on 11/15/2009 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Although this product claims to be non-comedogenic, I invariably break out after continuous use for about a week or so, especially over my chin. If it wasn't for that, it would have been the perfect daily wear make up for me.

on 10/11/2009 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My grandmother is a die hard Prescriptives fan and turned all her daughters and grandaughters into fans as well. I have used other Prescriptives products and I have loved all of them I got this foundation when my grandma got it in the wrong color for her ( she is paler than me) and when I tried it it was the perfect color for me, which is Level 2 Warm Medium. It goes on so smoothly on the face, no cakeyness. When I started using it my face had like 7 pimples around my cheeks but this covered them perfectly and it has SPF 15 as well and that is always a plus. I took a concealear brush and concentrated on my problem areas and they were all gone. I used to wear it everyday to class, because I didn't look like I had foundation on. It's expensive, like all Prescriptives products so I'm only using it on special occasions. I heard Prescriptives is being pulled so if you can go out and get this foundation because it is amazing if you're looking for a mineral foundation that doesn't make you look like you just stepped into a pan of powder or that you are wearing foundation. It lasts a long time too, a little goes a long way. Definitely a good buy from Prescriptives!!!

It has taken me a while to find a shade match with a mineral foundation! Using this along with their primer, it lasts all day, and hasn't broken me out yet, even after 5 weeks of using it! I do wish that the container had an adjustable lid to let out just the amount of product you want and to keep it from coming out when the container is upside down, though.

I'm on my third pot of this powder now and will almost definately be purchasing a fourth. I've tried almost every mineral make up brand out there and none come close to the finish i get with this. I use the warm light shade and it gives me a healthy glow (despite my acne) and without using any 'sparkle' that other mineral powders contain. A few tips for getting the best out of this makeup:
- get the SA to pick out your shade
- use a primer (mineral or other) to get the best results, although if you're in a rush this step isn't necessary
- make sure you buff, buff, buff and buff the powder in to get the most flawless coverage. I use the recommended round buff brush, you defiantely need one with fairly tight bristles.
- to freshen up for evening, spritz face with toner or similar and apply a bit more product, no need to redo from scratch
- you WILL need concealer if you have more than mild acne/scarring, although the powder helps tone down imperfections, just not completely cover.
- drier areas will need moisture before applying to avoid slight flaking

Overall, impressive product, I imagine there's a shade out there for everyone, and great for oily and normal skin. I can't advise on how this product would work with mature and much drier skin, it would possible depend on how much you use. One of the most expensive mineral foundations, but worth trying. I feel so much better once this is on, I look healthy and awake when I'm not exactly feeling that way! Final point is packaging, my average score is due to no combined applicator and a little messy but I expect this from all mineral powder and keep wipes handy.

For now it's my number one......

on 11/27/2008 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Oh dear Girls, I have found my HG mineral foundation. I had been using BareEscentuals and thought it was pretty good until I found Prescriptives. After a long and exhausting search I finally decided to try this foundation after having read many reviews.

GOOD Points - (1) Great Coverage - foundation is very easy to apply and the finish is flawless. I do not have anything near to perfect skin and this foundation makes my skin look ever so smooth. The coverage can be built up and one can go from very sheer to deep coverage without creating build up. I normally use concealer but with this foundation I can get away without. (2) - I do have oily skin and I do not have much oil penetration at the end of the day. The make up remains smooth and matt almost the whole day through. (3) This foundation comes is so many shades that no one is left out. I am a MAC NC45 or C7 and this foundation is a perfect match for me in Level 4 Warm Medium. My powder blush goes on with no problem with the foundation. With other mineral foundations sometimes a powder blush just did not work. Here no problem what so ever!

BAD Points - I cannot think of any other than the foundation does not come with a brush so you will need to buy the Prescriptives Round Buff Brush which is recommended for this foundation. For anyone who decided to purchase this foundation, I highly recommend getting the brush. It is absolutely a must have. This brush is great and I am sure it will also work perfectly for applying bronzer or other powders. Money well spend. It also makes application of the make up a breeze.

on 10/22/2008 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this foundation. I am a long time Px foundation/powerder user and tried this when it first came out. At first I wasn't sure if I would like it at the counter b/c it felt heavy. But I figured out it was b/c the SA put too much moisturizer on my oily skin. My skin is a lot clearer. I don't feel "made-up" when I wear this on the weekend. It also photographs well without the ashiness caused by some sun screens.

on 8/22/2008 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really wanted to love this, and in a way I do. The colours are fantastic, they seem to melt into the skin for a no-make-up look, much more so than AnyWear compact provides (though that one makes you look 'perfected'). Really light texture, blends well... it all looks so good!! Healthy glow. However like a lot of you, I have been breaking out, and I am pretty sure it is as a result of this. I just wanted to say one thing though, I don't think that it is the Bismuth Oxychloride. To be honest, it is way too far down on the ingredients list to be having an effect, (usually a lot higher up in most mineral foundations) and the effect it usually has is as an irritant, leaving a slight burning or itching sensation. It does not usually clog pores. What does however clog pores in the clog-pone is too much titanium dioxide! Whilst it is a great sunscreen, and fine for most (including me) in small to medium quantities, an excess of it can clog your skin leading to breakouts. To be honest, I haven't had an MMU that hasn't broken me out yet! What a shame, for those of you that aren't clog prone, i would try this, it really makes your skin look delicious.

on 8/17/2008 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried every mineral makeup out there it seems, but this one wowed me after the first application. This makeup covers beautifully (and I'm a stickler about coverage, I need it) in one application. It's leaves a natural airbrushed sheen. Not shiny at all. I have no itching with this even though bismuth is the last ingredient. I got the perfect match with Level 1 Warm Medium. I did a test the other night and put this mineral makeup on one side of my face and another brand on the other side. I asked my son which side looked better and he said Mom you only have makeup on one side! That was the side with the other brand. So that tells me if you get the perfect match you get coverage and a no makeup look. Go for it, but get color matched.