Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

4.1

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is such a wonderful product i don't use mineral makeup often but when i do this is my go to powder i use it over my tinted moisturizer when i want a light finish and i am having a day off from my regular liquid foundation and powder. It has such a light feeling and such wonderful coverage for a mineral powder. Also it doesn't get overly shiny throughout the day as most mineral powders. I will most definitely stock up on this product. It is a must have:)

on 10/1/2009 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My search for mineral makeup is over. I tried many cheaper brands and returned them all for various reasons, wrong color, showed wrinkles, pores, etc. I have been a Prescriptives foundation wearer for over 15+ years and why I didn't think to look at my favorite, I do not know. I plunked down the $32.50 and a bunch more $$ because Prescriptives is going out of business and I cannot be without my favorite foundations. I read all the reviews and was hoping that I would like this product, and I do....

I put tons of moisturizer on my skin and applied concealer on one side of my face only. I left the other side without concealer to see how much coverage the mineral makeup would provide. The coverage was beautiful on both sides, but the side without concealer would only work for going to the grocery store, running errands, etc. I tried to apply concealer over the mineral makeup and that created a mess and my pores looked really weird.

I am a novice at applying this, so I know that I will have experiment to get the right finish. The color match was perfect. I chatted online with the Prescriptives representative and she recommended the color based on my current foundation. I am a Y/O and Vellum is my shade and I purchased the Warm Light 2 and it is perfect.

on 6/27/2009 9:09:00 AM

I LOVE this stuff!! I had been using Bare Minerals for several years, and was pretty happy with it, but I didn't like that it was sometimes a little shimmery and could look cakey or chalky in the summer. Then my younger sister started using this stuff. She has some acne scars on her cheeks and has been self-conscious about them for a long time. When she started using this stuff though, I was amazed at how even and clear her skin looked! So I went and got some to try myself, and now I'm hooked. I love the consistency - never cakey or chalky, and I can build the coverage exactly as I'd like. My skin never gets oily, even after a long day at work. I only use some concealer under my eyes beforehand and just lightly brush over it with the poweder, because I have dark circles and I don't want to put that much powder around them - it'll cake into a nasty mess. But otherwise I use it without any other primer or foundation and it rocks! I love their kabuki brush I bought with it too - very soft, and a perfect size for application and my bag. I'll be buying this again as soon as this one runs out!

on 5/6/2009 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have used Prescriptives products before and I absolutely love their stuff. When they came out with their Mineral I was ecstatic to try it out. I have previously used BE and loved it, but I am always on the lookout for more/better stuff. When I finally finished my BE I hopped over to Prescriptives, got colormatched to a Level 3 Warm Light. I have to say their range is amazing. It matches absolutely perfectly with my skintone. Their packaging is nice, though fingerprints are all over the lid because of the shiny surface as I usually handle it after I put on moisturizer :( . I find, however, that despite the perfect color match, I don't like it as much as BE. The coverage for both is about the same: both are light and buildable. But with Minerals my face gets shiny after a couple of hours. I have normal to combination skin. Normally my T-zone area gets shiny and I would use oil-blotting sheets once mid-day. With Minerals I find that I have to use the sheets more often, maybe twice a day. I also continue to use BE's Mineral Veil with this. Overall, I'm quite happy with the product. Great range of colors, not sure it's so great for oily skin though. I would buy this product again, but maybe during the winter time?

on 3/20/2009 6:45:00 AM

Hmmm not great. Coverage is OK but (a) it makes me look a bit greasy (b) it makes me look sallow and it does tend to show up any imperfections. I cannot bear to look at myself under the fluorescent lights at work. I think i much prefer a talc based preparation to be honest like Armani silk powder.

on 3/13/2009 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I bought this when it first came out, and as a newbie to mineral makeup. I tried to test out BE, but had such a horrible experience that I returned it the very next day. So I really had not experience with MMU.

So anyways I used this for a couple of months, then went back to my liquid foundations, not really understanding what the hype was. Well, now I get it. People! This stuff is great, and so easy to use once you get the right brush and use very little amounts. Also, you have to be on top of your skin care game already. If you have crappy skin, this will not create a miracle. But if you take care of your skin, this will keep it that way, for sure.

Again, use this sparingly. Apply one light layer, step back and check your coverage, then apply a little more only where you need it. It's great. I use the MAC 182 and barely touch my face with the brush. No need to buff your face off with this stuff, seriously. Also, I find it works well with the Px primer.

Repurchasing. Worth the money. That is all. I wear Fresh Antelope in the Virtual Matte liquid and Antelope in the Anywear powder foundation. I have this MMU in Warm Level 4. (C7 in Mac, for reference)

UPDATE 7/1/2010: My HG mmu!! I use this everyday, esp those lazy days I don't feel like doing much, but I always look healthy and glowing but not shiny or metallic. You can't even tell I have on anyting, but my skin just looks good. Over the course of the day this seems to melt into my skin. Knowing that Px would be going out of business, I majorly stocked up on this and my other Px foundations. No other brand has taken care of my skin like them, or matched me perfectly like them. So sad that they had to go away, but I'll still be loving this product years from now, lol.

on 11/14/2008 10:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I didn't think I would find a foundation better than Px's Virtual Skin (which I have been using forever), but this topped it! I prefer foundations that are very natural and most foundations tend to settle into the wrinkles in my skin. Applied correctly this is very natural and it will last. If you want makeup that will completely cover imperfections, then you will probably not like this as it offers light coverage. However, you are left with glowing skin. I use it over Px's Magic, which the SA suggested to "give the minerals something to cling to". Makeup tends to fade off my skin quickly and this seems to help. It is a bit pricey, but it will last awhile since you need so little with each application. I haven't had any issues with breakouts or skin irritation, but I rarely do with any facial product.

on 9/11/2008 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like prescriptives foundations and powders which I have been using for many years. But this doesn't look natural on me, looks like I have makeup on even if I use a small amount. The color also was too dark.It looks too cakey to apply for my job and to heavy for weekends or running errands. I sometimes use it if I am going out at night to the mall or a fast food, for nothing special, so at least I don't feel that I wasted my money completely. Definetely I won't repurchase this stuff.

on 9/5/2008 3:21:00 PM

I tried this product on twice and I generally love Prescriptive products so I wanted to love this as well. I currently use Bare Minerals and was looking for something where I could cut down on my makeup routine. With BM you have to put on the foundation and then the mineral veil, I want something where I only need to put on the foundation and be over with it all.

My experience with this product was the coverage was way too heavy. I could tell I was wearing makeup because it's so heavy and I don't apply makeup with a heavy hand.

The next thing is it left me looking shiny. I tried twice with this product and didn't like it. I finally used it on half my face and the other half of my face I used my BM. You could really tell the difference.

So I took it back and explained to the girl that it's too heavy and it left a shine. She thinks it has to do with the amethyst powder in it. Weird ingredient to have in make up.

on 8/2/2008 10:00:00 AM

I work for Prescriptives. I will tell you this is a hit or miss with most customers. In general, it is being well received and looks FABULOUS on a lot of different skin types. It is important to apply it right. For those of you complaining about it accentuating pores or wrinkles; you were probably applying way too much at one time. This will DIFFUSE lines and wrinkles and pores when applied in constant circular motions buffing it into the skin with VERY MINIMAL product shaken out in the lid. VERY LITTLE powder is needed to do a full face, we're talking maybe two dime sized amounts (one at a time).. This looks gorgeous on both young and old skin and really gives a fabulous healthy glow and 90% of the time makes skin look airbrushed.
With that said, I cannot wear it. I broke out like a MUTHER about 3 days into wearing it. Sad, because it looked INCREDIBLE on and feels totally makeupless.

I was looking at the ingredients with a neighboring counter girl and these truly arent straight up minerals, there are a lot of ingredients at the bottom of the list that are bizzarre names and could be the culprit for breakouts. I have yet to figure it out but I know that I am 99% of the time pimple free, but had like TEN pop out after using this product and I'm STILL healing from it.

Note: If this doesnt work for you, try the anywear compact! You can apply dry with a brush, or wet with a sponge, and it will give the same flawless look and I've NEVER broken out with that product. It's great.