Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

4.4

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

on 1/10/2016 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A godsend to pale ladies with mature skin who still want a powder foundation! I wore this for years and was devastated when Px temporarily discontinued. Thank goodness it is back up on their website. It is literally the only product I do auto-refill on. And even stock a few backups of.
-Shade: There is not a huge range. 3 shades each in varying levels of color depth for Neutral, Warm and Cool. Cool in Px land=more red/pink blue undertones. For reference: I am nw10 in MAC land, but the MSF in that was too yellow for me. BE in the lightest shad (Fair) was also too yellow for me (and itchy!). MUFE Multi-Use 110 was too dark and too red. Lancome Dual Finish in Porcelain Delicate I works for me for a purse touch-up powder foundation. Px Level 1 Cool is a perfect match for me, love!
-Coverage: light-Medium to Full. It is very buildable, which is something I love. I leave my cheeks with just a dusting, but use it more heavily on my forehead, where it is awesome at covering some hyperpig.
-Finish: Soft, diffused, slightly glowy (not shimmery) natural look. The Px website describes tit as Matte, but I really find that on properly moisturized skin I would call this finish simply "Natrual/MFBB." Does not look dry/cakey, which is awesome for a powder foundation. This is a major concern for more mature skin types (38 here), but really this looks more natural and youthful than most liquid foundations I have tried.
-Tips: I create a kind of "glow from within" look by using a bit of Jane Iredale Glow Time BB cream underneath. Applies best with a stiff, synthetic kabuki, such as one from Everyday Minerals.
-Price: $38.00 for a .3 oz sifter jar. Even with generous daily use, this can last months, very reasonable.
-Ingredients: Does contain Bismuth Oxychloride, for those whom this is a problem for. BE caused me itching and hives, but not Px. Offers some stable sun protection with 12% Tio2 and 4.9% Zno.
-Small gripe: I wish there was a pressed version for purse touch-ups.
-Verdict: Love and will continue to repurchase!

I started using this because BM made my face itchy when i would sweat even the slightest bit... so i heard about this through a friend and well it works really good for me i have very dry sensitive skin hasn't made me break out yet so far so good!

on 11/12/2008 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

So far, I like this product. I have only been using it for maybe 5 days, so I am still getting the right technique down, but I am really enjoying it. I get a very very natural, makeup-free look with this, but it hides my icky redness and light freckles on my jaw. I also do use a bronzer over it, as I don't like to look light or sick, lol. I use the light cool shade, level 1. It gives a kind of dewy look, but not shiny and gross like BE. you can feel it when you first apply it, and then it kind of sinks in. I like that it makes my other makeup last longer, or so it seems. I use the Px concealer pen with this, by putting on the concealer first, letting it dry, then just dabbing the brush barely around my eyes after doing the rest of my face. seems to work ok, but like I said, I am still trying to get the application right. If I put too much on I look pale and dead, so go very lightly! I also like that this does not feel drying at all, and doesn't emphasize dry spots like other MMU. I use the big poofy Px brush for this, and smooth the concealer with the large concealer brush before it dries and I apply the mmu. My FAVORITE thing about this is that my skin has had not one spot since I started using this. NOT ONE!!! and I have very sensitive skin. I used to have a tiny break out at least every few days, even though I have overall good skin, but with this my skin has cleared up and I have had nooooo problems at all. yippe! I even slept in it and didn't break out! it's great! I will continue to use just because of that! I will also upgrade this to 5 lippies once I get the appliaction down and can do it evenly :)

on 8/10/2008 10:20:00 AM

I was excited to try this makeup as I hadn't succumbed to the "mineral makeup craze" yet, because I was a loyal prescriptives user. After choosing my shade I couldn't wait to try it. It feels great on, like no makeup. The $17 brush is soft and terrific as well. I hadn't used powder in 15 years, as am on the dry side so I didn't want to look "cakey" Well, this foundation gives me a soft "airbrushed" glow. It has great coverage and lasts all day, just as my beloved prescriptive's liquid fondations. The first time I used it I used way to much and did see some fine eye lines accentuated, but after lightening up on the application I am very happy with the look and feel of this. I also use BB cream blush ( color pots?) and was worried it would ruin the finish, but when applied with the MAC skunk brush it goes on beautifully and completes the airbrush look. I took one lip off because I have been breakig out quite a bit, and I am not sure if it is this powder or the Fresh Soy cleanser, as i started using both at the same time. I hope it is just hormones, because I really love this product ( and the cleanser!)
edit: I actually returned this product because every time I used it, even with weeks in between I broke out in little whitehead pimples. Obviously I was sensitive to something in the foundation. It was a shame because it gave a great finish. Perscriptives couldn't have been nicer and refunded my $$ even though I didn't have the box anymore and it was 6 months later. What a great brand. I will stick to their liquid foundation.

the first time i got this product it was little to dark it looks like i got a tan. and i start breaking out so i went back to the store and i was going to return it i told the SA that i start breaking out . she had told me that it will make me break out bec. it's taking out the impurities of my skin. i gave it another shot. OMG i love the product. although i recommed to use it with the laura mercier mineral foundation . i like the coverage together.flawless look.