Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

3.9

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

Every time I applied it, my face would get extremely itchy and break out in huge hives. The funny thing is that I don't have very sensitive skin and I used it with many different clean brushes. No matter how soft or clean my brush was, the result was still the same. I wish I could have liked it, but it has to go.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

just okay for.. i used it like after foundation powder.. didn't really like it.. i'm just using it cuz it was expensive and i don't want to waste money.. i still break out from this, so just using it when needed.. will not buy again besides from discountinuing brand.. was hoping for better..
=(

on 12/5/2009 4:39:00 PM

agree. same problem. i now have a much scarred chin thanks to a few times using this

This product, as with all other MMU that I've tried, accentuates pores, looks like it is just sitting on top of skin, and leaves the dreaded shine-glow-disco ball look. Also, the bismuth oxychloride may lead to irritation and breakouts. It is messy to apply. IMO, the point in wearing makeup is to create a pretty airbrush look and conceal flaws, and this product is just lacking in so many ways. I returned this and the brush and opted for Clinique Almost Powder pressed.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is the second mineral make up I have tried (after BE).
Pros:
It did not break me out in cystic acne unlike BE (I never had bad skin before using BE / Clinique) which is a plus point.They have a much better range of shades than BE aswell - I got level 1 warm light which suited my colouring really well.
Did a good job of evening out my skin tone (I have lots of half-faded freckles)
Has SPF
Cons:
Made me really flaky and looked really obvious. No matter what I tried (serum or moisturiser beforehand, only using a little, building up coverage by buffing etc) this would draw attention to all the flaky bits of my skin and settled around my nose. It also settled under my eyes in a way that made it look like I had lines (I'm only 22) so all in all made me look much older. My boyfriend always commented on how flaky I looked when I wore it.
It is quite expensive.

on 11/22/2008 2:45:00 PM

After the SA put it on me, I saw every link and wrinkle, even thought I dont have wrinkles. It was just really thick and cakey on me. It also made me break out. I break out to Bare Escentuals and this as well as other brands from Macy's.

I wouldn't try it if your skin is really sensitive like mine's.

on 9/11/2008 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like prescriptives foundations and powders which I have been using for many years. But this doesn't look natural on me, looks like I have makeup on even if I use a small amount. The color also was too dark.It looks too cakey to apply for my job and to heavy for weekends or running errands. I sometimes use it if I am going out at night to the mall or a fast food, for nothing special, so at least I don't feel that I wasted my money completely. Definetely I won't repurchase this stuff.

on 9/5/2008 3:21:00 PM

I tried this product on twice and I generally love Prescriptive products so I wanted to love this as well. I currently use Bare Minerals and was looking for something where I could cut down on my makeup routine. With BM you have to put on the foundation and then the mineral veil, I want something where I only need to put on the foundation and be over with it all.

My experience with this product was the coverage was way too heavy. I could tell I was wearing makeup because it's so heavy and I don't apply makeup with a heavy hand.

The next thing is it left me looking shiny. I tried twice with this product and didn't like it. I finally used it on half my face and the other half of my face I used my BM. You could really tell the difference.

So I took it back and explained to the girl that it's too heavy and it left a shine. She thinks it has to do with the amethyst powder in it. Weird ingredient to have in make up.

on 7/31/2008 6:59:00 PM

I really wanted to love this mineral makeup. It looked pretty good after the SA applied it on me, but when I stepped out in the heat my pores looked huge. When I applied it at home this makeup brought highlighted EVERY imperfection on my face. I don't have horrible skin but it looked like I did. I tried for 3 weeks to make this work, but returned it today. I'm going to try Anywear now.

on 7/24/2008 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I don't have young, poreless skin by any means - grrr - but this product is working well for me after two weeks of initially skeptical use. Living in the humid South, my priority is decent coverage with minimal makeup-feel that won't make my already oily skin worse. That's why I like the idea of powder, mineral or otherwise. I purchased this on a sort-of-whim and am surprisingly pleased. Compared to Bare Minerals, this has much less of that annoying shiny *glow* that had a tendency to make my pores look like craters. I so wanted to love Bare Minerals but after years of on-and-off frustration, it's just not for me. Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation applied with a light hand gives me a texture that almost looks darn close to what I wish my skin looked like w/o make-up. I'm still a bit oily looking after awhile, but nothing a quick fluff of Mineral Veil can't fix. The coverage, though shockingly natural, manages to take care of my red undertones and stays true all day. I can't say the same for any high or low end liquid or powder. ************************
Alas, I ended up returning this. The shimmer which didn't seem obnoxious in the beginning really began to bug me. And this sounds weird but the powder felt almost wet upon application. The more closely I inspected my face, the less I liked the way this stuff sat on my skin. Oh well, it seemed like a possible winner but, in the end, no love match!