Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

3.9

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

on 6/22/2008 1:56:00 PM

continued >>

on 6/26/2008 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So I was walking in Macy's today and I accidentally stumbled upon the Prescriptives counter, the MU consultant gave me a makeover with the new all skins mineral makeup with spf 15, and I totally loved it. it made my skin look flawless, great coverage, practically weightless, makes my skin look so good! I was using some crap drugstore liquid foundation, now that I've found this I don't think I'll be turning back to it haha. hefty price tag though. since this is a new product I got the buffing brush for half off. great product, expensiveee. but I will repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased this foundation in Warm Medium yesterday. So far I like this product. It provides light coverage and oil control and lasted through an hot summer day without sweating off or making my extra oily skin look greasy. I will update after I've used it more.

on 7/1/2008 2:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got a Prescriptives e-mail which naturally had me running to the nearest Rx counter. All I can say is this stuff is really amazing at giving coverage w/out feeling heavy-now I didn't say w/out looking heavy. It can look very cakey if too much is applied which happened to me. The SA's in my experience are ALWAYS heavy handed so I ended up with a very pretty canvas that at the same time looked like I had packed on way too much foundation. The coverage is there w/out having to add a lot of product but it is buildable if you're looking for heavier coverage. I'm an NC30 for reference and I got it in Level 3 warm light. I probably could've gotten away w/Level 2 warm medium but it was too pink for my NC 30 skintone it also looked a teeny bit chalky.

The mineral brush is rounded and packed with a lot of hair which makes for easy blending and buffing but I must warn you it sheds like you wouldn't believe. I enjoy using the brush even with it's flaws b/c it isn't rough and seems to be well thought out. The mineral brush is about half the price at this time as a promo so with that deal I can again turn the other cheek about all the shedding.
UPDATE 8/16/08: Sadly my relationship w/this mmu has ended. After having a few sweaty days I noticed that the powder became super shiney and just sat there on top of my face-it looked horrible. Sorry Prescriptives back you go.

So far so good! This is a LOT to pay for a mineral makeup...but it stays pretty well throughout the day. I put this on one half of my face, and everyday minerals semi-matte on the other and my mother said how much better it looked. I usually have the a lot of red in my skin and the everyday minerals breaks down a bit or fades after a while...so far so good, would probably repurchase if it keeps up this good :)

on 7/1/2008 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was matched with Level 2 Warm Medium (reference MAC NC30-35). I have not bought this yet, but the SA let me take a sample--at first, she simply said no, but then I convinced her to put some in a little sample bottle for me. I loved the way it looked--a soft, healthy glow with nice med. coverage. It didn't look chalky or dull like other MMU I have tried. Also, it wasn't too powdery which I believe may help to get a longer wear. I was also afraid of using this since I have very sensitive skin. I am pleased to say that this did not burn or irritate. I think I've just convinced myself to buy this tomorrow! I'll update if any itchiness and/or clogged pores occur. Update: I tried my sample for a full day and I've decided not to get this. Morning was fine, but by midday my face felt prickly with a slight burning sensation (same reaction I've had with other MMU). Nope, this isn't for me :(

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Today was the 2nd day I used this product. This is the first mineral makeup I've ever used. Normally I use MAC pressed powder. So far I am happy with the results. Leaves a nice little shine which gives it a "softer focus" as the sales woman said. The only problem is that I think they may have recommended a shade a bit too light, but once I add bronzer to my cheeks and forehead, it looks just right. My cheek bones stand out nicely. The price is a little much, but for good brands you need to spend a couple bucks more.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this foundation, but I'm allergic to something in it. I broke out in little bumps all over my face and started itching.

The coverage lasted a while for me, but I have oily skin so by mid-afternoon it faded.

It does have a tendency to look caked on which was also a minus.

I purchased the warm 4 medium.

The mineral brush that comes with it was awesome though!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have the most sensitive of sensitive skins, with rosacea, and just about all liquid foundations make me flush and/or break out. I'm a big Alima MMU fan, having used and loved it for 2 years now. I recently decided to give a couple of Prescriptives products a try to see how far I could push the envelope. This was a no go. Compared to Alima this felt scratchy/dry going onto my skin and it highlighted the dry areas/lines on my upper cheeks under my eyes. Within minutes my skin started itching. I already know I have a problem with bismuth, which is what led me to try Alima, EM and Cory MMU in the first place, but as bismuth was listed so low in the ingredient list on the Prescriptives product I thought I might be able to get away with it. I can't say for sure which ingredient in this my skin didn't like because it has a long list of ingredients compared to the e-tailer MMUs I mentioned and some - meaning the gems - are rather unusual for a foundation (see list of ingredients in the first review of this product below), but there is clearly something in it I can't tolerate. Also, unlike the reviewer below me, I was not at all impressed with the brush. It is a nice shape and it's very cute but it's sorely lacking in the softness department. Alima, EM or Aromaleigh would be far better choices for someone with very sensitive skin. All offer very soft synthetic brushes that will be far less likely to irritate truly sensitive skin. So bottom line, this might be a good option for those with normal and/or oily skin but, in my opinion, those with sensitive, dry and/or rosacea skin should look elsewhere. MAC NC15/Alima N1

on 7/7/2008 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Found the coverage good, but the feel very heavy and dry. The colors are also very dark. I only tried it at the counter, but because of the dry feel to it I didn't buy it....I may go back and try it again with a different primer because I did like the coverage.