Bulgari Bvlgari Jasmin Noir

Bulgari Bvlgari Jasmin Noir

3.7

on 11/21/2016 12:46:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Peculiar randomness about this: This is what I always wanted Chanel #5 to be for me. Yes, I realize they have different notes and accords, but the vibe I get from Jasmin Noir is what I had always hoped I would get from No. 5: Timeless, classy, my 'go-to' for special events. I just never found a 'special event only' type of fragrance hat I really liked, I had been using #5. But I never really cared for #5, I just used it because it was so 'classy' and 'timeless' and a 'classic'. Anyhoo...enough randomness. Bvlgari Jasmin Noir is a classy, timeless, sophisticated, a little bold but not overpowering, confident type of scent, that I enjoy greatly. I feel this is definitely a grown woman's classy, sophisticated, timeless 'special event' scent. Bold yet still pleasant and not overpowering. This does dry down for me to sort of a powdery floral type of scent. Just a lovely classic classy fragrance.

However, while I love the scent, sadly, this does not last for me very long. I can apply it and after a couple of hours I just detect the slight powdery floral. I even ask friends and family if they can detect the scent, and they have to get up and sniff my wrists to detect it. So, this is maybe an hour or two of decent wear-time. I would say be ready to have this at the ready, to re-apply, if you want it to stay throughout the day. Otherwise for me, I think this is best worn to places you will only be for an hour or two, not an all day event. But it is surprisingly clean and most definitely very sophisticated and classy. Definitely great (imho) for holidays, special moment events, special nights out, that sort of thing. Not for the office or school, imho. Not an everyday scent for me, but definitely perfect for those instances you want to feel sophisticated and need a "classy" type of perfume. For that, I feel this is perfection. I just wish it held it's initial loveliness when first sprayed a little longer. I do love this perfume, but I so wish it lasted longer than an hour or two. That is the only thing that would probably keep me from repurchasing this. Otherwise I would probably already being ordering a backup, as I do love this scent so, the first hour or two, anyway. But still, being it is a 'special event' kind of fragrance, I suspect I will have this for a long time.

on 12/1/2015 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

It took me a while to fall in love with this fragrance (and I actually like that fact about it) and once I did, it became very special to me. I don't use it for every day, I prefer it for evenings or special occasions. It is also definitely fall/winter fragrance, on a heavier, woodier side...

Jasmine is not so prominent in Jasmin Noir at all. The fragrance is not sweet, but quite noticeable, one of those that a bit too much of it could easily become WAY TOO MUCH...:)

I don't see it on a very young girl. It's very sexy and unique, has a lot of character, in my opinion. I love it and intend to always have it in my collection.

on 10/10/2015 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Mmmmm sooooooo.......

Adore this. You only need one spray, will last forever (and the scent stays on your clothes). Creamy, warm and sensuous. Feminine. Definitely a winter perfume. Love it.

on 12/11/2013 9:48:00 PM

In all honesty, I'm not a huge jasmine fan, but this smells wonderful. It's clean, woody, and the tonka bean gives it a vanilla scent without being syrupy sweet. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but it's the only thing I've smelled like it and I love it.

I was on the hunt for a new parfum. I wanted a sophisticated scent, one that grew on me, instead of the sweet, syrupy and citrusy scents of my teen years. I was about to close my first multi-million deal, I felt comfortable with my sexuality for the first time ever despite that my love life was in shambles. I wanted a complex, dark, sensual, intellectual scent, the equivalent of a Rutherford Merlot, and graduated from the Marc Jacobs, the Guccis, and the Coco Chanels.

The first time I opened the bottle, I was taken aback by the intensity. It seemed too intense, too reminiscent of both genders, too sexual perhaps. However, as I wore it as the day moved into night, like all exquisite parfums, it changed in notes and colour the longer it stayed on my skin and stayed soft, and barely there.

Suffice to say, I found what I was looking for.

on 10/15/2012 2:54:00 PM

I'm very picky about perfume; I don't like strong or overpowering "I'm wearing perfume" scents. This is sophisticated but doesn't come on too strong. There's nothing offensive about it, and, unlike most perfumes, the top notes smell good as soon as you spray it on your skin. It doesn't need time to "settle down." It smells inviting without being cloying. I can't really identify the notes in it - definitely floral, but darker (thus the name Jasmine Noir, I suppose). It doesn't smell like a typical floral perfume in that a girl wouldn't wear it while prancing through a meadow. A woman would wear this.

I was drawn attention to the Bulgari fragrances with Mon Jasmin Noir l'eau exquise. I liked that one, but found it more of a summer scent. I was looking for something I could wear all year round. In my favourite Parfumerie (I live in Europe :) ) I asked about the Jasmin Noir line. They put the original Jasmin Noir on my wrist and I was instantely smitten by this beautiful, mature scent. It smelled to me more feminine and more "mature" than the L'eau Exquise. It also reminded me of a better version of Coco Mademoiselle. I bought a bottle of the Eau de Toilette and the body lotion. This is unusual to me, as most of the time I use a sample for a while and see how it pleases/displeases my over a few days use. Now I bought it in a second!
What the scent says to me: I smell sweet soft almond, a bit of musk and amber and off course the heart: Jasmin. Due to the other ingredients the Jasmin smells a bit "darker" than the original. This is what I like, Jasmin but with a twist. It makes me feel like a woman, not a girl... As I was looking for a more mature feminine scent. Afterall, I'm 27, married, a mom with a carriere, so it was time to leave the girly things behind and show the world the woman that I am. Jasmin Noir embodies that feeling perfectly!
As for staying power: too bad I didn't buy the EDP, as this one doesn't stay all day long, even in combination with the body lotion. Next time I will buy the EDP.

Got free samples of this when I was in Italy. Ok I wasn't really in Italy I was in Epcot but I digress...

Two letters: P and U.

on 5/31/2012 8:06:00 AM

I own both the Edp and the L'essence, and love them very much. The L'essence is just a little stronger, warmer, and more woody. The Edp has more of the jasmin/gardenia note. If you like the Edp, go and try the L'essence. You'll love it!!

Popular Fragrances