Bulgari Bvlgari Jasmin Noir

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Bulgari Bvlgari Jasmin Noir

3.6

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

What???? Is this a men's aftershave or cologne from the 60's/70's? I would be shocked but from the Omnia's on, I haven't been impressed with Bulgari but really, this is so bad.

on 3/22/2014 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Wanting a sensual floral to welcome Spring I was drawn to Bulgari. Although I'm devout to my French fragrance houses I periodically venture to Italy for change. Change was what I surely got, and not the good kind. To begin, the bottle is sleek and sensual in the the hand and would have looked stunning on my vanity. That's where the lovely ended. The jasmin scent is there but not the lush earthy night blooming jasmine scent I so love. No. This one on me is pungent and very synthetic smelling. That was the beginning of my misery. Quickly this morphed into a very bitter floral similar to what St. Joseph's lilies smell like just before they need to be discarded. I despise that odor of rotting petals. I sniffed for gardenia, I sniffed for wood. Zilch. Within about 10 minutes of spritzing my forearm began to feel slightly warm and then turned a pretty rose shade. Fortunatley the irritation abated. I then left Ulta and headed home believing this scent needed time to mellow on my skin. It was about 3 minutes into my 10 minute drive home that a pounding headache enveloped my forehead. I then realized that this scent not only didn't like me but that it clearly had it in for me on all sensory levels. A day later and I still smell a lingering scent of Jasmin Noir on my forearm, which is rare because Bulgari scents lean short lived and light. I now accept I simply don't like soapy jasmin fragrances and this one didn't like me either. Truce. Back to France I head.

on 12/11/2013 9:48:00 PM

In all honesty, I'm not a huge jasmine fan, but this smells wonderful. It's clean, woody, and the tonka bean gives it a vanilla scent without being syrupy sweet. I wish it wasn't so expensive, but it's the only thing I've smelled like it and I love it.

on 12/11/2013 9:25:00 PM

Wearing this perfume is like having been handed a one way ticket to Fiji in the dead of a long and lonely winter. The jasmine notes are light but more than recognizable although it does remind me of a fragrance that would have really suited Alexis Carrington. In one word....RICH.

on 2/2/2013 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Jasmin Noir opens with big, yet soft jasmine and gardenia and dries down to tonka bean and almonds. Itís feminine and easy to wear; a pleasant crowd pleaser. Also, if you find florals difficult to wear, this one might be tolerable. IMO this ballerina birthday cake needs something more. Maybe leather or incense? A big dose of patchouli?

on 11/21/2012 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Gorgeous, creamy, sensuous, but introverted, Jasmin Noir falls between the lines of floral, gourmand, and woody, although I wouldn't call it an oriental.
I'm a fan of jasmin sambac, but it has a tendency to dominate with its heady fruity sweetness. Here, it's flawlessly amalgamated with powdery tonka, dark licorice, creamy almond, raspy woods and an unexpected green note into an accord that's full-bodied and rich, yet still luminous.
My husband and I seldom agree on scents (he likes fresh citrus and soft powdery florals; I like spices, heady flowers, and gourmands), but this is one beautiful composition that made both of us go 'Mmmmmm" the moment we smelt it.
A very nice departure from Bvlgari's usual featherweight bestsellers and one I will always have a bottle of.
Projection: Subtle/moderate
Longevity: Average; 5-7 hours

on 10/15/2012 2:54:00 PM

I'm very picky about perfume; I don't like strong or overpowering "I'm wearing perfume" scents. This is sophisticated but doesn't come on too strong. There's nothing offensive about it, and, unlike most perfumes, the top notes smell good as soon as you spray it on your skin. It doesn't need time to "settle down." It smells inviting without being cloying. I can't really identify the notes in it - definitely floral, but darker (thus the name Jasmine Noir, I suppose). It doesn't smell like a typical floral perfume in that a girl wouldn't wear it while prancing through a meadow. A woman would wear this.

I was drawn attention to the Bulgari fragrances with Mon Jasmin Noir l'eau exquise. I liked that one, but found it more of a summer scent. I was looking for something I could wear all year round. In my favourite Parfumerie (I live in Europe :) ) I asked about the Jasmin Noir line. They put the original Jasmin Noir on my wrist and I was instantely smitten by this beautiful, mature scent. It smelled to me more feminine and more "mature" than the L'eau Exquise. It also reminded me of a better version of Coco Mademoiselle. I bought a bottle of the Eau de Toilette and the body lotion. This is unusual to me, as most of the time I use a sample for a while and see how it pleases/displeases my over a few days use. Now I bought it in a second!
What the scent says to me: I smell sweet soft almond, a bit of musk and amber and off course the heart: Jasmin. Due to the other ingredients the Jasmin smells a bit "darker" than the original. This is what I like, Jasmin but with a twist. It makes me feel like a woman, not a girl... As I was looking for a more mature feminine scent. Afterall, I'm 27, married, a mom with a carriere, so it was time to leave the girly things behind and show the world the woman that I am. Jasmin Noir embodies that feeling perfectly!
As for staying power: too bad I didn't buy the EDP, as this one doesn't stay all day long, even in combination with the body lotion. Next time I will buy the EDP.

Got free samples of this when I was in Italy. Ok I wasn't really in Italy I was in Epcot but I digress...

Two letters: P and U.

on 2/11/2011 5:46:00 AM

this is my signature parfume...also my boyfriend loves this..it feels you clean and warm and charming.I've been using this about 20 months and I've been getting all good compliments...it is fresh but silky..feels pure linen..love it

Popular Fragrances