Bulgari Bvlgari Jasmin Noir

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Bulgari Bvlgari Jasmin Noir

3.7

on 11/22/2015 2:15:00 PM

I don't think I'll ever find an equal to this perfume. It is sexy, complex, sophisticated, floral/woodsy and not at all sweet. Noticeable but not overpowering and refreshingly uncommon here in the U.S.

I was on the hunt for a new parfum. I wanted a sophisticated scent, one that grew on me, instead of the sweet, syrupy and citrusy scents of my teen years. I was about to close my first multi-million deal, I felt comfortable with my sexuality for the first time ever despite that my love life was in shambles. I wanted a complex, dark, sensual, intellectual scent, the equivalent of a Rutherford Merlot, and graduated from the Marc Jacobs, the Guccis, and the Coco Chanels.

The first time I opened the bottle, I was taken aback by the intensity. It seemed too intense, too reminiscent of both genders, too sexual perhaps. However, as I wore it as the day moved into night, like all exquisite parfums, it changed in notes and colour the longer it stayed on my skin and stayed soft, and barely there.

Suffice to say, I found what I was looking for.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Without being insulting I did NOT like this. I actually thought I would as I recently purchased a bottle of Mon Jasmin Noir L'eau Exquise and loved it. I just don't understand how these two scents can smell so far removed from each other.

This has a sort of dark, mysteriousness to it and has an aura of maturity , however, it's just a little too mature for me. It doesn't make me feel youthful or happy. Rather it makes me feel as though I have to "act like an adult". It does have an air of seductiveness ... but there's no fun, light element to it, which isn't the way I would want to project myself.

This would smell lovely on a glamorous, sexy mature lady ... but that's definitely not me!

Notes:
Top Notes: Green Sap and Gardenia Petals
Heart Notes: Sambac Jasmine Absolute and Satiny Almond
Base Notes: Precious wood, Licorice and Tonka Bean Absolute

1.7 oz. EDP, 2.5 oz. Body Lotion, 2.5 oz. Bath and Shower Gel
Bought this tonight at the Duty Free ga\la 20% off, I had wanted it ,love it great smell and long lasting, I smelled a lot of fragrances just bought one, very nice,♥

on 9/18/2008 5:48:00 AM

How disappointing..........I'm sorry to have to post my first truly negative review. .I'm a fan of most Bulgari fragrances (especially pour Femme, Omnia, Blu Notte as beautiful, elegant, balanced, unique and generally wonderful smelling fragrances) so rushed to get this at Nordstrom's after reading a glowing review here. Oh, my goodness - it stinks! My husband wrinkled up his nose and said 'what were you thinking to buy that? and what were they thinking to actually make it?'. I really found no redeeming qualities. At best i can say it is an unpleasant version of NR.

on 6/22/2008 10:54:00 AM

I felt like I hit the lottery when I was able to try this! I have tried and tried to like Bvlgari, but most of their products are just not 'me' enough to wear. I was hoping the Jasmine Noir would find a place in my collection, and I was not disappointed.

The opening is - as mentioned on their PR - green sap. This is a note I'm not particularly fond of, and it is quite pronounced. (As an aside, isn't it interesting how the notes you least like are the easiest to pick out, and the ones you love tend to be so elusive?!) Fortunately for me, the green sap dries down considerably, and becomes tame enough to be wearable as the jasmine and woods come into focus.

The gardenia is quite subtle; most gardenias smell waxy on me anyway - and the jasmine is perfect, perfect, perfect. The woods and almond are well balanced and the licorice is just the barest hint. It's not Lolita-ish at all.

I really like the drydown; it's almost a skin scent. It's a toss-up for me between the Jasmine Noir and EL's new Sensuous. I really like both and smell some similarities in the dry down.

I think this is Bvlgari's finest perfume. Definitely will buy when it launches.

Edited to add....... the licorice is prominent in the top note, and then settles back to a whisper. It's the combination of green sap and licorice that startles me, but the warmth of the woodsy dry down continually reminds me of EL's Sensuous.

Popular Fragrances