Bulgari Bvlgari Jasmin Noir

Bulgari Bvlgari Jasmin Noir

3.9

on 6/22/2008 10:54:00 AM

I felt like I hit the lottery when I was able to try this! I have tried and tried to like Bvlgari, but most of their products are just not 'me' enough to wear. I was hoping the Jasmine Noir would find a place in my collection, and I was not disappointed.

The opening is - as mentioned on their PR - green sap. This is a note I'm not particularly fond of, and it is quite pronounced. (As an aside, isn't it interesting how the notes you least like are the easiest to pick out, and the ones you love tend to be so elusive?!) Fortunately for me, the green sap dries down considerably, and becomes tame enough to be wearable as the jasmine and woods come into focus.

The gardenia is quite subtle; most gardenias smell waxy on me anyway - and the jasmine is perfect, perfect, perfect. The woods and almond are well balanced and the licorice is just the barest hint. It's not Lolita-ish at all.

I really like the drydown; it's almost a skin scent. It's a toss-up for me between the Jasmine Noir and EL's new Sensuous. I really like both and smell some similarities in the dry down.

I think this is Bvlgari's finest perfume. Definitely will buy when it launches.

Edited to add....... the licorice is prominent in the top note, and then settles back to a whisper. It's the combination of green sap and licorice that startles me, but the warmth of the woodsy dry down continually reminds me of EL's Sensuous.

on 10/11/2008 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Oh my, what a lovely, sexy surprise. I have notorious trouble finding a perfume that won't turn on my skin. My signature fragrance has been Vivienne Westwood's Boudoir for years and years, but it is becoming very difficult to find. I also wear Lolita Lempicka well.
I wasn't interested in anything Jasmine because I think of Jasmine bathroom sprays or my grandmother, but I let them tempt me with this because it is Bulgari. THANK YOU NORDSTROM WE HAVE A WINNER!
This came on slightly green & smoky and went luscious, dark, oriental, woody and wonderful on my skin. I am not at all surprised to find many of you either hate it or find it does nothing on you - that is how Boudoir is for most. It seems to only really work on the small forlorn percent of us who can't wear Coco, Shalimar or any of the greats.
The ultimate test was my husband, of course. To date, Boudoir has been the only perfume that he has really loved on me. When I came home smelling of Jasmine Noir he went crazy for it.
It's all chemistry, I know. I love the reviews given where some of you can identify the notes and the process of the dry down. I am still working on figuring out which ingredient(s) it is that sours on me so bad in other perfumes.
On a side note - on my other wrist I had sampled Tom Ford's white patchouli. Holy god it was stinky foul on me. So tragic. I worship Tom Ford. Sigh.
Bulgari Jasmine Noir is my new love though. It really is dark, exotic, elegant and seductive.

on 5/6/2010 2:37:00 PM

I adore this. It's certainly strong and needs to be used lightly and with consideration for the occasion but it has such a beautiful expensive quality to it that I feel confident wearing it. I normally find jasmine sickly (esp Luten's a la nuit) but this has a depth and complexity that grabs me. I would assume it's an evening and winter scent but wore it the other day when gardening in the sun and the heat and the soil added to the beauty of the perfume made the whole experince really sensual and special. Spray it, walk around a while and give it a chance.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

A sultry, close-to-the-skin scent that envelops you in its warm embrace and doesn't let go until the final curtain has fallen. Jasmin Noir gaily sings her opening notes of gardenia petals, subtly refreshed with green sap; before launching into the full-scale chorus of jasmine sambac harmonized with the velvety accords of satin almond. Here is where the gourmand spirit of the perfume is released, tentatively, on a leash. Licorice, precious woods and tonka bean then usher in the final chapter before the bouquet gracefully, lingeringly bows out. That said, the heart of the scent truly belongs to the night-blooming jasmine sambac. Heavier on indoles than the jasmine grandiflorum (enabling night insects to detect and pollinate the flowers), hence its darker, more sensual and animalistic trait; none of the fruitier consonants prevalent in the jasmine grandiflorum. Opulent without being shrill. I see this as a comfort fragrance as opposed to a night-out-in-towner. I digress, but Jasmin Noir is too far classy to have the likes of skanky Kate Moss fronting its ad campaign. Particularly when its positioning is supposed to be 'prestigious'. Cate Blanchett would have been the beau ideal.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Jasmin Noir is quite a departure from Bvlgariís usual cool-headed, innovative works of fragrance art. With that beautiful dark bottle and leading name, I was hoping with all my heart to discover a cheaper, fruitier Jasmin de Nuit, which is one of my very favourite but fairly prestigious (so out of my reach) dream-fumes.
On first spray, the wearer is overcome with blackcurrant boiled sweets and wine gums. If Iím going to get sweets from a fragrance, they may as well be dark, molasses-like and weird. The liquorice comes through with aplomb.
But what is this? The fruitiness and sappiness seems to be playing above a bass line of Christian Diorís Dune. I pondered for a long while Ė is that Dune or Addict? A little of both, but itís too fuzzy on my skin. The only way I can get my head around the base is if I mentally disperse the glass-shard edginess I get from Dune and Addict and turn them into earth.
I have a very strong idea of what this fragrance conjures up for me. Itís Keira Knightley in Atonement. Itís her in that green satin dress being devoured against the bookshelf, with salty, earthy skin. And itís a shock that thereís a bit of nastiness about the way she smells.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Another hit for Bulgari. This is what I would refer to as the quintessentially MODERN floriental. The title is a bit of false advertising, as I would hardly call this a jasmine scent, especially for someone like me who adores true indolic jasmines like "A la Nuit" SL. But for the juice int the bottle: simply GORGEOUS. It is dark without smokiness, sensual in an non-gourmand sort of way or perhaps its gourmandise is an abstraction. When I wear this, I feel very sultry and mysterious.

on 11/25/2010 9:37:00 AM

To me, there is only one way to buy a perfume: you fall in love with it.
I had many crushes over the years...But with Jasmin Noir, it was love at first sight.
I tried it in a store, and I was hooked.
It is very powerful and rich, yet feminine and subtle. I LOVE how it ages throughout the day and on fabrics.
I think our love story is going to last a while. Though I only bought a 50ml bottle because I am such a serial perfume consumer I don't want to waste!!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

sexy, sexy, sexy. i first smelled this in the summertime, and it's not really a summer scent, so at the time i didn't care for it. then in the fall i got a whiff of it at the department store and was immediately swooning. it's mysterious and sophisticated, and like someone else said, it's suitable for some kind of uber sexy spy ;) a little bit goes a long way, and it's subtle enough not to yell out "SMELL ME - I'M WEARING PERFUME". initial spritzes are always deceiving, so wear it a while and see how it dries on you. on me, it ends up as a very soft floral with a hint of vanilla. i am a sucker for all bvlgari fragrances, because they each have their own personality. i'll be honest, i'm not the kind of person that people usually walk up to and ask what i'm wearing. but this has happened on numerous occasions when i'm wearing either this or bvlgari pour femme. plus the bottles are gorgeous. LOVE!

on 11/22/2015 2:15:00 PM

I don't think I'll ever find an equal to this perfume. It is sexy, complex, sophisticated, floral/woodsy and not at all sweet. Noticeable but not overpowering and refreshingly uncommon here in the U.S.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

If I could describe this fragrance in one word I would say "Intimate".
Its not a show-off fragrance, rather a more subtle one however dont be thinking its in any way weak. Its definitely a powerful fragrance but with minimal sillage, it somehow manages to remain close & special for those being close to you.
I personally do not like it when you can still smell someone from afar, I much prefer to get a slight whiff just as they come in close to me or walk by....that is far sexier than a loud fragrance. This Jasmine Noir excels at intimacy.
Packaging is great, price point acceptable.
I do think this fragrance is far more suited for the mid-30s & upwards, I very much doubt younger woman could pull this off in the way its meant to be worn.
Also, this fragrance is not overly Jasmine concentrated - in fact, the jasmine lies extremely "hidden" IMO...lovely, fresh but sooo sensual & sexy.
Highly recommended.