Filtered by eye Color : Black

4.8

on 12/12/2016 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is the only thing that ever cleared up my acne marks. I started using the 0.5mm and now moving up to 0.75mm hope the improvements continues!

on 10/3/2014 7:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought a Dermaroller a 6 weeks ago and started using it about 4 weeks ago. The results are very good. I had some acne scars on my face and they are almost gone now. The brand i bought is called MNS DermaRolling. The product looks pretty low quality, as you can see here http://perfect-body.dk/dermaroller-mns but it is fine to use. The handle is a bit woubly, but the dermaroller was cheap og works fine. I hope that if I ude the roller some more, my scars will be fully gone.

on 9/23/2014 3:24:00 AM

I tried the 1mm roller and really loved the results! After just one treatment, I could tell that my skin was improving significantly in terms of texture and skin tone. I don't have active acne, or major acne issues. But I frequently have oil clogs/ white heads by the dozens, and I have naturally large pores. The first time I used my roller, IT HURT. My skin is rather thin, such that you can see the entire network of veins/blood vessels under them, especially in my lower cheeks. It hurt everywhere but the worst were on the forehead and above the lip, under the nose.

After rolling, I applied Aloe Vera gel generously all over my face for about 5-10min, meanwhile washing the roller with soap and water, then soaked it in 70% alcohol, removing it after 10min and allowing it to air dry completely before storing it in the container it came with (BTW, I did wash the container with alcohol too). Then I washed my face clean and applied the rest of my regular facial routine (treatment essence, rose water, rosehip oil), and went to bed. The next day, my skin was not red, but it was still a bit sore. Especially during the day, it burned/stung badly when I perspired. Imagine salt on wounds, which essentially that's what was happening when my face sweat after the rolling.

But by that night, after washing and finishing my regular facial routine, my skin texture was significantly smoother. No bumps, pores felt and looked tightened, red pimple scars were drying up fast. There were some peeling, but nothing significant, just a few flecks of white here and there.

I love this product and wished I could have found out about it earlier. Now it's just about being disciplined enough to continue using, not rushing between treatments (once every 1.5 - 2 weeks for me), and fastidiously keeping the needles clean, changing when they get blunt (every 8-12 mths).

on 9/7/2013 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I had pretty bad acne scarring, especially on my cheeks. When I heard about the Derma roller the first time, I worried about was the pain because I am not very tolerant of pain. I bought a 0.5mm and 1.0mm. I tried the 0.5 mm first twice a week at nighttime. I sterilized it by swirling it around in water and dish washing solution, rinsing and then spraying it with isopropyl alcohol. It hurt at first but it's not intolerable. And I got used to the feeling after the second time so I changed to a 1.0mm. The trick for me is to roll slowly and deliberately and press the roller into my skin. It hurts less and reaches depth i need for my scars. After rolling, I cover my face with coconut oil because it has antibacterial properties, is natural, is moisturizing and helps with scars. Then I cover in face in laneige's water mask before bed. The dermaroller really helped fade my pits scars. My face overall is smoother and I have a natural flush. I exfoliate everyday by using baking soda with my face wash because the dermaroller causes my skin to slough off at a faster pace. Try it. You won't regret it. If you're scared of the pain, just think of the times you've picked your pimples. The pain is localized to one place but that pain is more than the pain of the dermaroller.

~update2015~
THIS REALLY WORKS.
Background: the majority of my scars are deep boxcar and ice pick scars. I have them scattered all over my cheeks and forehead (around 10-15 on each cheek and 4 on my forehead). i have now been doing it for a year now and have tried a few methods.
Methods:
What derma roller: As first mentioned, I used to roll twice a week with shorter length needles. I found that this helped fill in some of my scars and not others. It was obvious after half a year. I then started using the 1.5 mm and a 1.5 mm dermastamp for left over scars. The dermstamp goes in much deeper than the roller in my opinion and should be used for deeper scars. I also tried the 540 needle derma roller and have noticed that the needles do not go as deep as the one with less needles (like how those artists that lie on a bed of pins don't experiencing the pins stabbing them, but if they laid on less pins... it would go through) So the derma rollers with more needles are not a good value and actually make your progress slower. I would recommend starting shorter and then increasing the length. I feel that 1.0 and 1.5 mm are needed to get rid of scars, but if you use these needles, your skin will be slightly red the next day and you should use it at most once a week. I actually rolled with the 1.5 mm once a week for three weeks and then waited a 3-4 months. I found that my scars continued to fill in even through the months I was not rolling.
Sanitizing: I make a spray solution of 1:1 rubbing alcohol and water, and squirt dish detergent into the solution. I spray it all over the derma roller, wait awhile, rinse it off, and let it air dry. I do it before and after rolling.
Skincare: before rolling, I massage some emu oil into my face. I found that coconut oil sometimes broke me out. Emu oil reduces the healing time by a LOT and it doesn't clog my pores. I roll up and down, right and left, and diagonally over each area. Do not roll when you have existing acne. It will cause you to break out more. If you do need to roll, then do it in a way that avoids existing pimples. It is also possible to experience a few pimples popping up after you roll. Do not be alarmed. The results are worth it and for me it will be 2-3 pimples and simple whiteheads. I have never gotten cystic acne from derma rolling and I have never gotten more scarring because of derma rolling. Also, there may be some bleeding with needles 1.0mm and higher. It's best to do it at night so you can sleep and allow your skin to heal. Try to do it on a day where you don't need to wear makeup or see people the next day. Your skin will be a little red and irritated if you used 1.0 mm+. After rolling I spritz my face with Le Mieux iso-cell recovery solution and slather a bit more emu oil on my face. The next morning, do not use any acidic washes, serums or lotions. The next day is a great day to use skin soothing masks and serums because I think they absorb better. In my experience, it is ok to use Differin concurrently, but not on the the day of derma rolling or the day after. Exfoliation before derma rolling is beneficial because it helps the needles penetrate. But after derma rolling it's best to wait a few days to do mechanical exfoliation. I use The Cure, which is much gentler. This can be used the day after derma rolling if needed.
Results: For the boxcar scars that were affected by the 1.0 mm, they completely filled up to be even with the rest of my skin. The only thing that's left is a shallow ridge around the perimeter of each scar. This is easily covered by makeup, but right now I'm also experimenting with using a lactic acid peel to get rid of this completely. For the deep ice pick and smaller but deeper boxcar scars that have only been treated for 6 months, they are coming to the surface. I would say 6 months allowed for 50% reduction of these deep scars. It took about half a year to completely fill in those shallower scars. But improvement of scars will be apparent to you in as little as 2 weeks. One interesting thing I noticed is that as the ice pick scar heals, it takes on the appearance of a boxcar scar. The scar gets a tad bigger when it starts to fill in. For ice pick scars, I was using a dermstamp. For boxcar scars, what generally happened to me is that different areas of the scar will start to fill up. Skin filled up somewhere in the middle and the large scar became two small scars and then those small scars filled up too. I'm hoping that will continued use and using acid peels, I can experience a 100% recovery. I will update. All I can say is the pain and the effort is worth it

on 7/25/2013 12:39:00 PM

I love this product! I used it for acne scarring and it has helped fade those teenage scars dramatically in weeks. I was a little sceptical of using it as first but it isn't scary or difficult to use at all. It didn't pain me and the feeling was just a slightly uncomfortable, prickling sensation that you soon get used to. I highly recommend to get yourself a numbing cream if you're intolerant to pain as that will make the treatment much more pleasant :)

It's also made my pores look smaller, skin tighter and just more vibrant and HD. Even passed it on to my mum for pigmentation and although her brown spots are so old it still worked at fading them slightly so she doesn't have to cover them up with tonnes of concealer now.

Next up, I'm going to try it on my stretch marks for the summer. Fingers crossed it will work just as well as it did on the face. I seriously cannot live without it. I feel every women should have one in their skincare kit for a point in time when they are unhappy with their skin.

Got mine for around £30 from here by the way http://www.shumailas.com/derma-rollers

Popular Misc Beauty Tools