Filtered by skin type : Oily

4.2

on 12/22/2015 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Did something to my skin in my forehead. Would never do this again.

on 5/11/2015 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have been dermarolling for about six months. I have used a few different models ranging from 1.0 to 1.5. My favorite one is by Lilian Fache available for purchase from Amazon. I am 35 with very fair skin that is prone to broke capillaries. I originally purchased this to try and correct some mild acne scarring and some light brown skin patches. One thing I did not expect was the reduction of broken capillaries on the bridge of my nose and around my nostrils. I've had laser treatments (IPL and VBeam) in the past which helped a little but they're expensive and the capillaries always returned. I am absolutely ecstatic! Dermarolling has also improved my mild scars and brown spots. I use the 1.0 roller once every week or two. Be cautioned, it hurts (I use a lidocaine cream) and the results are cumulative. As I mentioned above, I've been doing this for about six months and so far I'm at about 40% improvement. I can't say dermarolling will work for everyone, but it works for me. With my current success rate, I will definitely continue dermarolling!

on 7/7/2014 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Eyes: Violet

I'm so so so glad I found this product. After reading reviews online, and watching instruction vids on YouTube; I decided to try it, thinking that it probably wouldn't work. Before I started using it, I had slight acne scars on both of my cheeks. They were pitted and makeup/primers/pore erasers never worked on them, so I figured I was stuck with them for life. However, after using the Dermaroller on my cheeks once a week for three months (in one direction, applying sterilizing solution to my face and the roller both before and after using) I can honestly say that my scars have faded. Using the DR does hurt a little, but no more than getting cheek fillers or a microdermabrasion. It's kind of hard to get used to at first, but the results are 100% worth it. I can see myself using this for many years to come, since it can also be used to combat signs of ageing =) Amazing product.

**Just to edit my review: I recommend applying a moisturizer of some kind after using the Dermaroller (I use Medik8 Pretox Filler - which is a little pricey but works amazingly, especially on acne scars and signs of ageing - or A'kin unscented moisturizer). A natural one (no parabens, synthetic colors, fragrances etc) would be better since your pores are totally open, meaning anything you put on your skin has more chance of getting into your bloodstream.

on 3/22/2014 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I am 18 and have suffered from cystic acne since I was 13 due to sensitivities to dairy and sugar. I get bad anxiety and pick my face. I've stopped mostly now, but it caused horrible scarring. Now that I have been a vegan for almost a year, my acne has gone away drastically (still a little pimples here and there). I felt so insecure about my acne scars. I literally used the derma roller once, and yes, the acne scars that made me hate my face, which I never thought would go away have almost disappeared and its only been one use! I also exfoliated my face before I used it which was important!

on 7/20/2011 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I started micro needling on my face on July 6, 2011 and have done it 11 times so far. I'm loving it. I got an MT Brand microneedle roller with 1 millimeter needles, ordered on eBay from China for under $9 and free shipping. It came quickly and was brand new and sealed. The roller handle is plastic and the roller head is transparent green with the needles in it. It came with a hard plastic case in which to store it.
I use it at night after my shower in which I've washed my face. It took some getting used to, the sensation was not intolerable and after 11 times my skin is pretty much used to the feeling now. I roll it over my skin several times in different directions where I want the treatment to be, then run the roller under hot water to rinse then spray it with 90% alcohol to sanitize then put it in the case to dry, then close it once it is.
The visual effect you get when you use the needles is that of a bad sunburn, but it goes away within an hour or two. Your face feels kinda hot and prickly and sometimes it feels itchy (thanks vitamin c spray!), but that too goes away. Like I said, you get used to it all. Not bad in any way.
I use rosehip seed oil (my personal favorite), or vitamin c spray, or vitamin e oil or jojoba oil afterwards or a combination of them depending on my mood after the treatment. You must use something because your skin is ready to receive whatever topical you choose and it will absorb better than it would had you not used the needles.
The idea of the needles is that by causing micro trauma to the skin, your cells will build collagen to repair, causing your skin to become better and better. It's supposed to help even old acne scars, which I what I'm after.
My skin is definitely showing an improvement, it's much more even and clear. I am amazed.
You must be gentle with your skin while you're doing the treatments-no heavy exfoliating the next morning, just be gentle and no picking at anything that might crop up. A washcloth with soap or cleanser of your choice will do to clean in the morning, then apply your usual morning facial products or cosmetics. If you're going to be in the sun, YOU MUST apply sunscreen to protect your skin. You don't want to cause damage to what you're trying to keep beautiful!
That said, I'm an indoors person and lately have only been using CVS brand Vitamin E oil after I wash in the morning, but I do apply sunscreen if I know I will be out for any prolonged time. I'm not worried about it. I know every second in the sun adds up, but I'm not going to obsess over it. I've made it to 37 years without major damage and do have my best interests at heart for taking care of myself. To each his/her own.
All in all, I'm glad I started microneedling, I am seeing results and will purchase another when this one needs replacing. I'm glad I went with the 1mm size. It's easy to use, just takes minutes and makes me feel good that something so simple is helping my skin be the best it can be.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools