Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve
longwear gel liner in black mauveBobbi Brown Black Mauve e/lBobbi Brown Black Mauve ShimmerBlack Mauve hip Eggplant Magnetic Fieldslongwear gel liner in black mauve

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This colour is PERFECT for me. It's a dusty rich purple-brown, with a light shimmer, and it compliments both my very dark eyes and my yellow-toned skin. You can use it with a light hand for day time wear (it's much less harsh than black or dark brown), or you can pile it on for night time. This the eyeliner I reach for when I don't want to waste time thinking about eyeliner, as I know it'll always look good. As with all BB gel liners, it lasts all day - it's the only eyeliner I've found which does that, and I have oily skin and wear a lot of concealer, so that should tell you something. The only complaint I have is that it dries out quickly. I have had mine for about ten months, and I've only used about a third of it, but the texture is now getting quite hard to work with. I think the BB gel liners should be sold at a cheaper price, with less product in the container.

on 9/29/2010 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this colour. I was looking for a dark opaque liner but one that had shimmer but not grey (im hard to please).

i already had black, blue sapphire and graphite shimmer.

Like another reviewer I found this thinner in consistency and not as opaque. Compared to graphite which has shimmer this gives a more softer look.

I will still use it but do not expect to get a defined look that Imnormally after. Im not sure that this is because I am a medium to dark skintone and have dark brown eyes. I can see this working better on fairer skins with blue or green eyes that contrast with the mauve as on my skin this just looked very muddy.

Im going to try layering it on top of the black to see if that makes any difference.

on 8/1/2008 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i was so excited to get this but it doesnt live up to the hype. it looks like a rich dark plummy brown taupe shimmer on your hand and in the pot. However on my eyes it looks like a dark grey color. None of the beauty of the color in the pot comes through on the eyes. This is also slightly smudgy compared to the original gel liners from BB. Not bad smudging, but very little here in humid south florida. I like this color but its not HG.