Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve
longwear gel liner in black mauveBobbi Brown Black Mauve e/lBobbi Brown Black Mauve ShimmerBlack Mauve hip Eggplant Magnetic Fieldslongwear gel liner in black mauve

on 11/7/2011 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

EDIT: Updated my review to 4 stars as I realized I was an idiot and didn't wear this with a primer underneath. After doing so all the wear problems I mentioned below disappeared. Color is still too cool for my liking, but I'm no longer turned off by BB's gel liners.

I had high hopes for this liner as I've seen rave reviews of Bobbi Brown's gel liner, but to me it's pretty...meh. The color itself is a nice cool taupe/brown/purple with subtle shimmer. Unfortunately even with a primer beneath it faded pretty unevenly despite me being indoors most of the day and flaked off. This makes me wonder how it'd perform outdoors on a hot day. Wouldn't repurchase and will be swapping away.

on 3/27/2009 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Pretty unimpressed. I have black hair and olive skin..and this didn't show up as a mauve at showed up rather blah, dull looking. I think this shade would look better on light skin..but on ethnic tones, the mauve doesn't pick up at all. disappointed because I was so excited to try it...