Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve
longwear gel liner in black mauveBobbi Brown Black Mauve e/lBobbi Brown Black Mauve ShimmerBlack Mauve hip Eggplant Magnetic Fieldslongwear gel liner in black mauve

4.4

HG! Like all Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners, this is long lasting, stays put, and is easy to apply. But this one is by far my favorite. I had been using Caviar Ink previously, which I liked. However, this one is by far a better fit for those that are fair with lighter eyes (especially, as many reviewers mention, green eyes).

If you are worried that this will appear "purple" as I was, as I tend to work in a conservative field, worry not! It does not look purple to me once on. But it does have some purple in it, which gives it a very soft black look, which will bring out your eyecolor and not look as harsh as black eyeliner. I've been looking for something like this for quite a while, but I dislike brown eyeliner and caviar ink still was pretty dark. Also the "shimmer" it contains is very slight and definitely fine for everyday. I do not like applying it with the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner brush. I actually prefer my hard angled eyeliner brush that Sephora sells---it seems to work better for me.

The only con with this: like all the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliners, it dries out easily. Really easily. I heard some advice to store upside down and this seems to help (condensation keeps it moist). Make sure the cap is on tightly at all times. This particular one is drier than the other "ink" eyeliners (like Caviar Ink). In fact, when I first got it, I took it back thinking I had gotten a dried up defective one. When the new one I got was exactly the same, I realized that this one is just drier than the others. It must be the shimmer factor. Still, it applies well. I wish Bobbi Brown sold less product (for less $) since some of it will probably dry up before I can use it. The YouTube clips that say how to revive these gel eyeliners only have worked so/so for me on the Bobbi Brown eyeliners.

Regardless, this is a great buy. Glad I had checked out the reviews for this one.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What an amazing color. It is my staple to replace black as it DOES come out quite dark/black, but with just a different undertone. It does not look like brown or grey and makes just as much a statement as black, but has something special. And of all the gel liners, Bobbi's are still the best.

on 10/7/2011 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is a great cool brown colour and doesn't look too harsh on my pale eyes and skin. It lasts all day and into the night. A perfect cool brown gel liner for people who are frightened of gel liner!

This is an amazing shade, I am a bit of a gel liner addict, mostly because once they are on thatís it no re-touching - brilliant! I love purple shades and find they complement my green eyes a lot, this the dark side of purple and it is so flattering itís a great alternative to black its not so dark, and being fair I find it difficult to get away with wearing black without looking harsh.
Love this so much that I bought one in reserve but, the pot will last ages and ages you use such a small, small amount.

on 2/25/2011 1:55:00 PM

I like BB gel liners in general, I have four of them, but this is the colour I reach for most often. I first tried it when a makeup artist paired it with BB cream eye shadow in Sand Dollar and they look terrific together. It is a 'soft' black, not too harsh and not too purple. It is very flattering to green eyes.

on 2/11/2011 10:32:00 AM

Beautiful, gorgeous eyeliner. So many purple liners are too bright, too garish, or lean too far into berry/eggplant. This is the perfect deep violet-black, with just enough color to highlight your eyes without looking too 80's. I have green-blue eyes and this looks riveting on them, but I think it would be a flattering shade for anyone.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this product! The color black mauve is amazing! and my gosh this last forever.. I put it on in the morning with BB eye liner brush and its still perfect on me late in the evening and probably through the night too (I cleaned it off in the evening so I dont know if it lasts more that what 12-14 hours, it lasted so long on me.. ).
When I use it I get complinets how nice my make up is.
I just loooove this. Im a big BB fan!

on 5/7/2010 11:26:00 AM

I've had this eyeliner for over a year, and can't believe that I haven't written a review for it! In the time I've had it, it has stayed fresh and has not dried out at all. While more expensive than drugstore brands like L'Oreal, the fact that it stays soft and fresh makes the higher price worth it for me.

If you have green eyes, it is a wonderful color that just makes your eyes pop. Best of all, this BB eyeliner lasts all day and does not budge! It's my go-to eyeliner for my 12-hour work days. In fact, last month, I worked 12 hours and then headed to a concert afterwards; when I got home past midnight, this eyeliner was still perfectly in place!

I also have this in the pure black color, but that one can sometimes feel a bit harsh on me to wear to work. Black Mauve Shimmer is a bit softer, but still dark enough to add contrast to your eyes. The shimmer is very subtle, and this is such a versatile color that it goes with almost all of my eyeshadow colors.

I'd been using the BB eyeliner brush with this, but recently picked up the Sonia Kashuk bent brush from Target, and love the SK brush even more -- and it was only $7! I usually dab the brush in the pot, smear a bit on the back of my hand to get the globs off of the brush, and then apply, dipping back into the smudge on my hand to add more to the brush. The MUA I bought this from said that this was the easiest way to apply it, and it works great.

I will definitely re-purchase this if I run out!

Generally, I prefer MAC's gel liner to BB's. MAC's last a bit longer on me. I have oily lids and the only way I can get this gel to last is if I wear it with UDPP underneath the shadow first (which I almost always do). If I want to wear it by itself to add definition to a naked eye though, it doesn't last for more than an hour or two. I think it's more a problem with my lids rather than with the product.

The color is a plummy black...nice for those with green or hazel eyes. Looks great with my beloved Style Snob.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Nice eggplant shade on. I deliberated buying this after applying, it wasn't instant love. I had on Espresso and removed to try this on. Espresso is such a lovely rich shade and this is certainly lighter. That said, this gave a much softer eye and allowed for a more dramatic cat-eye to be made without looking harsh, whereas with Espresso I make a smaller cat-eye. This looked very pretty on the sunny day, the slight purple hints made my green eyes stand out instead of competing with my eyeliner. I have to still line a thin line along the lash line with either Espresso or my Clinique True Black, but this makes a nice cat-eye that stays put relatively well. I was looking for a neutral and found this at the CCO, though I was debating buying Sepia at full price. The shimmer in this makes it more wearable and more flattering, IMO, than the matte shades. Would repurchase only because it's the most flattering purple I've found to date and it truly makes my own eye color stand out.