Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve
longwear gel liner in black mauveBobbi Brown Black Mauve e/lBobbi Brown Black Mauve ShimmerBlack Mauve hip Eggplant Magnetic Fieldslongwear gel liner in black mauve

4.6

on 8/31/2011 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

A great day time black. Can't really notice shimmers, looks wonderful. A must for hazel eyes and green eyes.

on 8/16/2011 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

This is the best eyeliner I have ever owned!! The color is a beautiful soft blackish/brownish/burgundyish color. It goes on so smooth and perfect and lasts all day without fading, flaking, or wearing off. I have bright green eyes and this seems to be a perfect compliment. It goes well with any color of eye shadow. I'm not sure about the "shimmer" effect. I can't really notice much, but then I don't have the flat colors to compare it to. It washes out of my brushes easily with a little soap and warm water. I like the pot ok, no complaints on packaging. This pot will last forever. It doesn't seem to dry out like the cheap ELF gel liners do. I will definitely purchase this again if I ever use this one up!

on 11/26/2010 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not very good at applying eyeliner, but this one I can ! It is very easy.
The most beautiful eyeliner for my green/brown eyes.
Stays put ALL DAY, really all day. Paired with an eye shadow like satin taupe from Mac or a similar color in the crease/outer V and a lighter cream color over the lid it is just PERFECT ! Definitely HG !

on 6/28/2009 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't know if this is the same as the eyeliner called "black mauve longwear gel liner," but mine is called Black Mauve SHIMMER, so maybe mine is different? Anyway, I really like this gel liner by BB! I would describe the color as a "deep eggplant" with, yes, "shimmer." :o)
I have been wearing this to line my upper lashline, especially when I wear pink, plum, or neutral shadows. I find that it is dark enough to brighten my eye color, and like most gel liners, it lasts all day on me until I remove it with eyemakeup remover. I didn't check if this is a LE color or if this is from BB's permanent line, but I like the color and I would definitely repurchase if it's still available.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Black Mauve Shimmer is an alternative to buying a basic black. However, on me, none of the mauve/plum color showed through. After it dried on my lid, it looked like a dull black/grey. I thought it would have more of an eggplant tone; as it looks in the pot. If you have green/hazel eyes, you are better off with Chocolate Shimmer. Love that one.

on 8/11/2008 8:23:00 AM

I use the BB Bronze shimmer ink on a regular basis, sometimes just on my lid and crease with a ES brush, and adding a line all the way aroud my eyes with the extra fine liner for special occasions. I use the Chocolate Shimmer ink occasionally as an ES too, but it doesn't go on as smoothly.

The Black Mauve is gorgeous; I use it as a shadow like I do the Bronze, but I find it a little harder to control the amount that goes on my lids; I can't imagine using it as a liner; I really think it would smear. But as a shadow, it's a beautiful color on me (dark brown hair, hazel eyes, medium skin). It's much creamier than the others; a little goes a very long way. Like the bronze, it doesn't crease all day (if I take either one off at 11 pm, It looks just like it did when I put it on in the morning). I'll be using this more in the winter with black sweaters and tops.

Update:
I'm using this less and less because it's a little too creamy and tends to slide. Taking away a lippie.

I love this liner! I purchased it with the whole fall look and this has to be my favorite product! It makes my eyes pop so much! It just gives me a different look from my ususal brown or black liner.I absolutely just love it. I have brown hair and green eyes, medium skin tone (BB beige). I recommend this highly!