Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve
longwear gel liner in black mauveBobbi Brown Black Mauve e/lBobbi Brown Black Mauve ShimmerBlack Mauve hip Eggplant Magnetic Fieldslongwear gel liner in black mauve

4.8

on 11/7/2011 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

EDIT: Updated my review to 4 stars as I realized I was an idiot and didn't wear this with a primer underneath. After doing so all the wear problems I mentioned below disappeared. Color is still too cool for my liking, but I'm no longer turned off by BB's gel liners.

I had high hopes for this liner as I've seen rave reviews of Bobbi Brown's gel liner, but to me it's pretty...meh. The color itself is a nice cool taupe/brown/purple with subtle shimmer. Unfortunately even with a primer beneath it faded pretty unevenly despite me being indoors most of the day and flaked off. This makes me wonder how it'd perform outdoors on a hot day. Wouldn't repurchase and will be swapping away.

on 3/13/2011 5:03:00 AM

This is a lovely taupe liner that is ever so slightly metallic. It leaves little to be desired as an eyeshadow base, or an eyeliner by itself.

It's my only colored gel liner that I find myself reaching for. Most of the time I use this as an alternative to black liner, and I never understood why. I went back to my usual black liner in denial that it looked good.

But since then, I took a peek at Ellen Page's makeup which I adore. I realized that some of her beautiful smoky brown eyes had a taupe/brown liner along with shadow and I realized how wonderful it looked, and that I had something just like that in my stash.

The staying power is phenomenal. Sometimes I also use this as a liner, then pack on a colored shadow (such as an olive (sumptuous olive to bring out the green), and various other shadows such as smut, club etc.)

It's one of the few times that my liner doesn't smudge from my bottom eye corner. Lovely.

The price is a bit steep, but this has stayed creamy and flake-free for over a year, unlike my MAC fluidlines, and other gel liners. Love it!

on 11/14/2010 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is an awesome color. I was actually looking for a soft black color for those days that I don't want to put on jet black eyeliner because sometimes I don't want that precise & defined look. This color is like a soft blackish eggplant color, it's georgous!! It's not that shimmery so don't be scared. It is a bit sheer so you do have to put a little more on than the other solid colored eyeliners but it's the perfect eyeliner for those days that you want a soft eyeliner look & you don't have to be so precise drawing it like you do with the black ones. From afar though, it just looks like a very soft black to me though so I love it, no one is going to think you have mauve or eggplant colored eyeliner on.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This colour is PERFECT for me. It's a dusty rich purple-brown, with a light shimmer, and it compliments both my very dark eyes and my yellow-toned skin. You can use it with a light hand for day time wear (it's much less harsh than black or dark brown), or you can pile it on for night time. This the eyeliner I reach for when I don't want to waste time thinking about eyeliner, as I know it'll always look good. As with all BB gel liners, it lasts all day - it's the only eyeliner I've found which does that, and I have oily skin and wear a lot of concealer, so that should tell you something. The only complaint I have is that it dries out quickly. I have had mine for about ten months, and I've only used about a third of it, but the texture is now getting quite hard to work with. I think the BB gel liners should be sold at a cheaper price, with less product in the container.