Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve
longwear gel liner in black mauveBobbi Brown Black Mauve e/lBobbi Brown Black Mauve ShimmerBlack Mauve hip Eggplant Magnetic Fieldslongwear gel liner in black mauve

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I give this gel liner five lipsticks because I love Bobbi Brown gel liners. I said no to re-purchase because it's not that much different from the Black Scotch gel liner; it's a smidgen lighter but the difference isn't visible enough to warrant buying the Black Mauve.
Black Mauve is more grey toned in the jar but when I apply it, it's a softer version of the Black Scotch and a bit darker than Chocolate Shimmer.
I'll still use it up but I'll probably use up the other shades quicker.
The staying power is supreme as I would expect from Bobbi Brown's liners.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

This was one of the first gel liners I purchased and I LOVE IT. the color goes ne v purply w a hint of shimmer. I get v good control w it, and a little goes a long way. And this stuff sticks - it never bleeds or fades on me and I have oily lids.

It is pricy - however, this is one of my staple cosmetics.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was super excited to get this product when all i heard were great reviews but it was less than i expected. first off, it was already hard enough to find a correct brush for this liner due to the fact that getting ahold of the Bobbi Brown Gel Liner brush was almost impossible since its always sold out so i decided to use any regular hard angular brush from the drugstore, mind you i tried the soft flat end brushes which has absolutely no use since it doesnt pick up any pigment since the gel liner is too tough. i decided to line my inner top eyes with it since i do like definition and then the bottom. the results at first is pretty decent but not as pigmented as i thought it would be. i had to swipe on the color a couple of times to really have the color show up and i guess this gel liner is really dependent on what type of brush you use. so if you have a really good eyeliner brush, then this is a good product to try. without one, its hell in a cup.

on 10/5/2011 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Intros first: I've tried mac fluidline in blacktrack and make up forever waterproof eyeshadow so i guess my review might count for some. The reason why I bought this is because it is safe for waterlines whereas the previous two were not really intended for waterline use. Is it long wearing? Yes, only if you have a primer underneath. Does it give you raccoon eyes? Nope. it doesnt melt that way. Is it pigmented? fairly so, but it is supremely matte in nature. The texture is just right. Not too creamy and not too hard. WHich makes me wonder if it will dry out in the long run...

on 11/18/2010 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

There's a lot to love about this liner. First of all, there's the color. It's just what it sounds like...a blackened mauve. More specifically, in the pot it looks sort of like a muted, darkened violet/burgundy mixture with some shimmer thrown in for depth. On my eyes, it functions much the way taupe eyeshadow works for most of us...it works with just about every neutral combination I can come up with. Since the liner itself is so neutral, it doesn't compete with my shadows; rather, it enhances my eyes. The color is also very buildable. Some people have called it sheer, but I disagree; rather, it goes on opaque but subtly on the first swipe and becomes more vivid on the second go around. However, because the formula is so smooth and silky, there is no flaking or chunkiness when you apply two coats.

Which brings us to the texture. This gel liner is slightly firmer than others I've tried, including MAC, yet it's still silky and satiny. My brush glides across it, picking up just the right amount of product. I find that with a lot of gel liners, they're so soft that my brush drags in the liner and grabs too much product, leaving globs on the brush (or my eyelid if I'm not paying attention). With Black Mauve Shimmer Ink, I can just swipe my brush across the surface of the product a few times to load my brush, and I'm good to go. In addition to that, it's very easy to work with. I can create a very defined line or I can smoke out the look with no problem. In addition, the liner is so silky, it glides across my lids with absolutely no pulling whatsoever, which makes it much easier to get a super-fine line.

Finally, there is the lasting power. This liner stays put! I don't normally have too much problem with migrating liner, but I do lose it at the outer lower corners of my eyes every day. It always looks as if the outer edges of my liner just decided to run south on me. With Black Mauve, I NEVER have that problem.

Overall, I've been really impressed. I plan to go get a couple of the other shades very soon. Of all the gel liners I've tried thus far, this is definitely the most user-friendly, with a good array of colors and great wearability, as well as the ability to stay put all day. Highly recommend.

on 9/29/2010 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this colour. I was looking for a dark opaque liner but one that had shimmer but not grey (im hard to please).

i already had black, blue sapphire and graphite shimmer.

Like another reviewer I found this thinner in consistency and not as opaque. Compared to graphite which has shimmer this gives a more softer look.

I will still use it but do not expect to get a defined look that Imnormally after. Im not sure that this is because I am a medium to dark skintone and have dark brown eyes. I can see this working better on fairer skins with blue or green eyes that contrast with the mauve as on my skin this just looked very muddy.

Im going to try layering it on top of the black to see if that makes any difference.

on 5/5/2010 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Bobbi brown's gel liners to me are the creme de la creme in the cosmetic market. I have tried gel liners from various brands such as Shu Uemura and to me Bobbi brown has the best color selection and the best texture. I recently acquired this after hunting high and low for it. This shade is supposed to be d/c where I live so I was thrilled to be able to find one. Upon swatching it on my arm, I was the most gorgeous black + brown + dusty violet. It just reminds of the color of a moth's wings. =) It belongs to the same family as NARS Ashes to ashes, Shu Uemura e/s ME brown 850. Today I wore it with NARS Ashes to ashes on the lids and NARS bali on the outer v and then paired it with this liner. I was blown away! Its the most perfect combo ever! I usually don't wear black during the day as black can look harsh. I hope Bobbi brown doesn't d/c this because I love it and I will definitely repurchase this when i run out.

BB gel liners are great, I have them in two colors. They're so defined and vibrant and really stays on. One of my girlfriends said she even wore it in a hottub and it didn't smudge.
I like it better than any of the Make Up Forever gel liners. Those feel drier and they smudge more.
HG eyeliner for sure!

This is my second time purchasing it. It looks like a silvery grey on. There is a hint of mauve in it.

I had high hopes for Black Mauve, having already owned Graphite Shimmer, Chocolate Shimmer, Espresso, and Bronze Shimmer Inks. It's really pretty in the pot, and even swatched on my hand, but this one is thinner in consistency than the other gel liners I own, and just doesn't really make an opaque line. Since I don't like to retrace my eyeliner as that makes it thicker and "messy" on my little bitty Asian lids, it just doesn't quite do what I want. But it's still pretty, and I'll keep it and wear it with lighter cool toned eyeshadows for a daytime look, but in hindsight, I could have lived without it.