Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve
longwear gel liner in black mauveBobbi Brown Black Mauve e/lBobbi Brown Black Mauve ShimmerBlack Mauve hip Eggplant Magnetic Fieldslongwear gel liner in black mauve

4.5

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I was super excited to get this product when all i heard were great reviews but it was less than i expected. first off, it was already hard enough to find a correct brush for this liner due to the fact that getting ahold of the Bobbi Brown Gel Liner brush was almost impossible since its always sold out so i decided to use any regular hard angular brush from the drugstore, mind you i tried the soft flat end brushes which has absolutely no use since it doesnt pick up any pigment since the gel liner is too tough. i decided to line my inner top eyes with it since i do like definition and then the bottom. the results at first is pretty decent but not as pigmented as i thought it would be. i had to swipe on the color a couple of times to really have the color show up and i guess this gel liner is really dependent on what type of brush you use. so if you have a really good eyeliner brush, then this is a good product to try. without one, its hell in a cup.

on 11/14/2010 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is an awesome color. I was actually looking for a soft black color for those days that I don't want to put on jet black eyeliner because sometimes I don't want that precise & defined look. This color is like a soft blackish eggplant color, it's georgous!! It's not that shimmery so don't be scared. It is a bit sheer so you do have to put a little more on than the other solid colored eyeliners but it's the perfect eyeliner for those days that you want a soft eyeliner look & you don't have to be so precise drawing it like you do with the black ones. From afar though, it just looks like a very soft black to me though so I love it, no one is going to think you have mauve or eggplant colored eyeliner on.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Nice eggplant shade on. I deliberated buying this after applying, it wasn't instant love. I had on Espresso and removed to try this on. Espresso is such a lovely rich shade and this is certainly lighter. That said, this gave a much softer eye and allowed for a more dramatic cat-eye to be made without looking harsh, whereas with Espresso I make a smaller cat-eye. This looked very pretty on the sunny day, the slight purple hints made my green eyes stand out instead of competing with my eyeliner. I have to still line a thin line along the lash line with either Espresso or my Clinique True Black, but this makes a nice cat-eye that stays put relatively well. I was looking for a neutral and found this at the CCO, though I was debating buying Sepia at full price. The shimmer in this makes it more wearable and more flattering, IMO, than the matte shades. Would repurchase only because it's the most flattering purple I've found to date and it truly makes my own eye color stand out.

on 3/16/2009 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This color is really pretty when applied, but i have to agree with others that this color doesn't really pop as how you applied it firstly after the end of the day. This is another alternative to the boring brown. The finish is really pretty, and i think it's worth trying.

on 3/4/2009 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love Bobbi brown gel liners..i also own the smashbox but Bobbi brown is my favorite and i will use it forever! i always had a problem with running eyeliner and the eyeliner is the most importantpart of my makeup routine! So one day i was crying over some tv show (- and i mean hard!) and i happened to look over at the mirror and was stopped in my tracks and said WOW! My eyeliner was still perfect!

on 10/24/2008 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The texture is a lot softer than the other Bobbi Brown gel liners. But the color is a nice alternative to black and brown. It's a very shimmery dark purplish taupe. On me it looks black though. I like that it's dark enough to define the eyes and yet it's more interesting than black or brown.

on 7/12/2008 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I prefer MAC fluidlines to BB Shimmer Ink gel liners because they have better texture, they don't dry out as fast in general and they're easier to apply. That said, I need to rave about the vast array of colors that BB has. MAC is falling behind in my opinion, in the shade dept. MAC has one, count it, one brown in their regular line. And if you blink you might miss out on their Limited Edition fluidlines. I usually wear MAC Blitz and Glitz and recently traded in BB Chocolate Shimmer for MAC Graphic Brown because they're the same shade, but MAC's version is creamier.
I bought this new Black Mauve because it's a gorgeous cross between cool brown and black, with some eggplant thrown in. It's a cool-toned shade that works really well with my superdark hair and eyes. I will probably be using this one whenever I do a neutral or cool eye. It has subtle, superfine shimmer and is extremely well pigmented. A softer, less harsh alternative to black, and a more exciting, interesting alternative to brown. NC35-37 MMM. Oh, and this is permanent, according to Livechat. continued >>

on 6/26/2008 9:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I ran out of my trusty BB granite gel eyeliner for everyday wear, I needed something that wasn't too dramatic like Black. The MA recommended to me this new color. I have been wearing it all week. Black Mauve is very natural and goes on like silk. On my MMM, i see some grey, auburn, browze and plum. Its a keeper.