Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 36-43
Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve
longwear gel liner in black mauveBobbi Brown Black Mauve e/lBobbi Brown Black Mauve ShimmerBlack Mauve hip Eggplant Magnetic Fieldslongwear gel liner in black mauve

4.4

This is an amazing shade, I am a bit of a gel liner addict, mostly because once they are on thatís it no re-touching - brilliant! I love purple shades and find they complement my green eyes a lot, this the dark side of purple and it is so flattering itís a great alternative to black its not so dark, and being fair I find it difficult to get away with wearing black without looking harsh.
Love this so much that I bought one in reserve but, the pot will last ages and ages you use such a small, small amount.

on 2/25/2011 1:55:00 PM

I like BB gel liners in general, I have four of them, but this is the colour I reach for most often. I first tried it when a makeup artist paired it with BB cream eye shadow in Sand Dollar and they look terrific together. It is a 'soft' black, not too harsh and not too purple. It is very flattering to green eyes.

on 5/7/2010 11:26:00 AM

I've had this eyeliner for over a year, and can't believe that I haven't written a review for it! In the time I've had it, it has stayed fresh and has not dried out at all. While more expensive than drugstore brands like L'Oreal, the fact that it stays soft and fresh makes the higher price worth it for me.

If you have green eyes, it is a wonderful color that just makes your eyes pop. Best of all, this BB eyeliner lasts all day and does not budge! It's my go-to eyeliner for my 12-hour work days. In fact, last month, I worked 12 hours and then headed to a concert afterwards; when I got home past midnight, this eyeliner was still perfectly in place!

I also have this in the pure black color, but that one can sometimes feel a bit harsh on me to wear to work. Black Mauve Shimmer is a bit softer, but still dark enough to add contrast to your eyes. The shimmer is very subtle, and this is such a versatile color that it goes with almost all of my eyeshadow colors.

I'd been using the BB eyeliner brush with this, but recently picked up the Sonia Kashuk bent brush from Target, and love the SK brush even more -- and it was only $7! I usually dab the brush in the pot, smear a bit on the back of my hand to get the globs off of the brush, and then apply, dipping back into the smudge on my hand to add more to the brush. The MUA I bought this from said that this was the easiest way to apply it, and it works great.

I will definitely re-purchase this if I run out!

This is my second time purchasing it. It looks like a silvery grey on. There is a hint of mauve in it.

I had high hopes for Black Mauve, having already owned Graphite Shimmer, Chocolate Shimmer, Espresso, and Bronze Shimmer Inks. It's really pretty in the pot, and even swatched on my hand, but this one is thinner in consistency than the other gel liners I own, and just doesn't really make an opaque line. Since I don't like to retrace my eyeliner as that makes it thicker and "messy" on my little bitty Asian lids, it just doesn't quite do what I want. But it's still pretty, and I'll keep it and wear it with lighter cool toned eyeshadows for a daytime look, but in hindsight, I could have lived without it.

on 6/18/2009 6:19:00 PM

Love it!! I have Black Mauve and Chocolate Shimmer and can't think why I'd ever need another eyeliner. No gel liner has ever stayed on my eyes without either disappearing or smudging. These suckers last all day until I take them off. This is more like a slate grey with a little mauve tinge if the light hits it right. Adore it, it's so much softer looking than a black eyeliner but still makes your eyes pop and gives them definition. Smudged well for a smoky eye if you get to it quick.

on 7/8/2008 11:23:00 PM

Introduced in 2008 with the Mauve Look for Fall.

Product - Black Mauve Shimmer Ink is a heathered plum shade with subtle golden shimmer. This shade is great with my brown eyes and AAB/NC25 coloring - not too brown, not too purple/violet, not too grey/ashy, and no red undertones. Not sparkly (good), but not matte or flat either (boring!). Nice alternative to basic brown or basic black liner, without being flashy either. As with BB's other gel eyeliners, it has excellent staying power on my oily lids.

Comparisons - Black Mauve is not a true brown like BB Sepia Ink; not as vibrant as BB Violet Ink; not as grey as BB Granite Ink or MAC Fluidline in Lithograph; not as purple as MAC Fluidline in Macroviolet; and not quite as dark or rich as true eggplant purple.

Overall - If you love gel liners and have brown eyes, this is a great color to have. An impulse purchase I would gladly make again. continued >>

on 6/26/2008 9:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I ran out of my trusty BB granite gel eyeliner for everyday wear, I needed something that wasn't too dramatic like Black. The MA recommended to me this new color. I have been wearing it all week. Black Mauve is very natural and goes on like silk. On my MMM, i see some grey, auburn, browze and plum. Its a keeper.

I am a fan of BB gel eyeliners, as I find them more forgiving to work with than others. For reference, my favorite is Bronze Shimmer, and I am MAC NC30; Revlon Fresh Beige, dark eyes and hair. On me, Black Mauve is much more like a muted black/dark cool gray than anything resembling mauve. The shimmer is almost imperceptible, unlike Bronze Shimmer, which is a true shimmer. This is a very pretty understated neutral eyeliner, but nothing special. I would not repurchase.