Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve

Filtered by age: 36-43
Bobbi Brown longwear gel liner in black mauve
longwear gel liner in black mauveBobbi Brown Black Mauve e/lBobbi Brown Black Mauve ShimmerBlack Mauve hip Eggplant Magnetic Fieldslongwear gel liner in black mauve

4.3

This is an amazing shade, I am a bit of a gel liner addict, mostly because once they are on thatís it no re-touching - brilliant! I love purple shades and find they complement my green eyes a lot, this the dark side of purple and it is so flattering itís a great alternative to black its not so dark, and being fair I find it difficult to get away with wearing black without looking harsh.
Love this so much that I bought one in reserve but, the pot will last ages and ages you use such a small, small amount.

on 2/25/2011 1:55:00 PM

I like BB gel liners in general, I have four of them, but this is the colour I reach for most often. I first tried it when a makeup artist paired it with BB cream eye shadow in Sand Dollar and they look terrific together. It is a 'soft' black, not too harsh and not too purple. It is very flattering to green eyes.

on 11/26/2010 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am not very good at applying eyeliner, but this one I can ! It is very easy.
The most beautiful eyeliner for my green/brown eyes.
Stays put ALL DAY, really all day. Paired with an eye shadow like satin taupe from Mac or a similar color in the crease/outer V and a lighter cream color over the lid it is just PERFECT ! Definitely HG !

on 11/18/2010 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

There's a lot to love about this liner. First of all, there's the color. It's just what it sounds like...a blackened mauve. More specifically, in the pot it looks sort of like a muted, darkened violet/burgundy mixture with some shimmer thrown in for depth. On my eyes, it functions much the way taupe eyeshadow works for most of us...it works with just about every neutral combination I can come up with. Since the liner itself is so neutral, it doesn't compete with my shadows; rather, it enhances my eyes. The color is also very buildable. Some people have called it sheer, but I disagree; rather, it goes on opaque but subtly on the first swipe and becomes more vivid on the second go around. However, because the formula is so smooth and silky, there is no flaking or chunkiness when you apply two coats.

Which brings us to the texture. This gel liner is slightly firmer than others I've tried, including MAC, yet it's still silky and satiny. My brush glides across it, picking up just the right amount of product. I find that with a lot of gel liners, they're so soft that my brush drags in the liner and grabs too much product, leaving globs on the brush (or my eyelid if I'm not paying attention). With Black Mauve Shimmer Ink, I can just swipe my brush across the surface of the product a few times to load my brush, and I'm good to go. In addition to that, it's very easy to work with. I can create a very defined line or I can smoke out the look with no problem. In addition, the liner is so silky, it glides across my lids with absolutely no pulling whatsoever, which makes it much easier to get a super-fine line.

Finally, there is the lasting power. This liner stays put! I don't normally have too much problem with migrating liner, but I do lose it at the outer lower corners of my eyes every day. It always looks as if the outer edges of my liner just decided to run south on me. With Black Mauve, I NEVER have that problem.

Overall, I've been really impressed. I plan to go get a couple of the other shades very soon. Of all the gel liners I've tried thus far, this is definitely the most user-friendly, with a good array of colors and great wearability, as well as the ability to stay put all day. Highly recommend.

on 5/7/2010 11:26:00 AM

I've had this eyeliner for over a year, and can't believe that I haven't written a review for it! In the time I've had it, it has stayed fresh and has not dried out at all. While more expensive than drugstore brands like L'Oreal, the fact that it stays soft and fresh makes the higher price worth it for me.

If you have green eyes, it is a wonderful color that just makes your eyes pop. Best of all, this BB eyeliner lasts all day and does not budge! It's my go-to eyeliner for my 12-hour work days. In fact, last month, I worked 12 hours and then headed to a concert afterwards; when I got home past midnight, this eyeliner was still perfectly in place!

I also have this in the pure black color, but that one can sometimes feel a bit harsh on me to wear to work. Black Mauve Shimmer is a bit softer, but still dark enough to add contrast to your eyes. The shimmer is very subtle, and this is such a versatile color that it goes with almost all of my eyeshadow colors.

I'd been using the BB eyeliner brush with this, but recently picked up the Sonia Kashuk bent brush from Target, and love the SK brush even more -- and it was only $7! I usually dab the brush in the pot, smear a bit on the back of my hand to get the globs off of the brush, and then apply, dipping back into the smudge on my hand to add more to the brush. The MUA I bought this from said that this was the easiest way to apply it, and it works great.

I will definitely re-purchase this if I run out!

This is my second time purchasing it. It looks like a silvery grey on. There is a hint of mauve in it.

I had high hopes for Black Mauve, having already owned Graphite Shimmer, Chocolate Shimmer, Espresso, and Bronze Shimmer Inks. It's really pretty in the pot, and even swatched on my hand, but this one is thinner in consistency than the other gel liners I own, and just doesn't really make an opaque line. Since I don't like to retrace my eyeliner as that makes it thicker and "messy" on my little bitty Asian lids, it just doesn't quite do what I want. But it's still pretty, and I'll keep it and wear it with lighter cool toned eyeshadows for a daytime look, but in hindsight, I could have lived without it.

on 6/18/2009 6:19:00 PM

Love it!! I have Black Mauve and Chocolate Shimmer and can't think why I'd ever need another eyeliner. No gel liner has ever stayed on my eyes without either disappearing or smudging. These suckers last all day until I take them off. This is more like a slate grey with a little mauve tinge if the light hits it right. Adore it, it's so much softer looking than a black eyeliner but still makes your eyes pop and gives them definition. Smudged well for a smoky eye if you get to it quick.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Black Mauve Shimmer is an alternative to buying a basic black. However, on me, none of the mauve/plum color showed through. After it dried on my lid, it looked like a dull black/grey. I thought it would have more of an eggplant tone; as it looks in the pot. If you have green/hazel eyes, you are better off with Chocolate Shimmer. Love that one.

on 8/11/2008 8:23:00 AM

I use the BB Bronze shimmer ink on a regular basis, sometimes just on my lid and crease with a ES brush, and adding a line all the way aroud my eyes with the extra fine liner for special occasions. I use the Chocolate Shimmer ink occasionally as an ES too, but it doesn't go on as smoothly.

The Black Mauve is gorgeous; I use it as a shadow like I do the Bronze, but I find it a little harder to control the amount that goes on my lids; I can't imagine using it as a liner; I really think it would smear. But as a shadow, it's a beautiful color on me (dark brown hair, hazel eyes, medium skin). It's much creamier than the others; a little goes a very long way. Like the bronze, it doesn't crease all day (if I take either one off at 11 pm, It looks just like it did when I put it on in the morning). I'll be using this more in the winter with black sweaters and tops.

Update:
I'm using this less and less because it's a little too creamy and tends to slide. Taking away a lippie.