Aveeno Active Naturals Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

2.3

There are such mixed reviews for this, and I'm really surprised! I have acne-scarred, sensitive Irish-Scandinavian skin.

I have gone though 2 bottles of this in a little over a year, and am on a new bottle of the spf70, but only because I can't find the 55 ANYWHERE! Even Ulta let me down.

I live in the CA valley, where summers are easily 100+, and winters still 60+. This has never, not once, broken me out, or left a white cast. It acts just like any other moisturizer, and it helps set my mineral powder. It has no smell that I can detect, even brand new bottles of it. It's non-greasy, sinks right in. My skin is fussy and picky, but loves this.

UPDATE: I use Own now, since I have gone paraben free. I was still using this when I gave up parabens though, so I was sad to see it go. Such a great product if not for the icky parabens. :/

Goes on like white paste. It settled so thickly into my pores it took forever to rub it in. I only applied a thin film and the more I tried blending it, the more it "peeled" away in clumps. I may use the rest of the tube on the back of my hands, but I won't repurchase. It's way too much mess and bother to apply. There are other effective sunscreens on the market with better textures.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I thought an Aveeno product would be gentle, but I was wrong! This sunblock irritated my skin and made my eyes water more than most other brands I've tried. I also had a major "residue" problem with it. It requires a ton of blending, and even then sometimes the little white "cumbs" would get into my hair. Yuck!