Aveeno Active Naturals Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

2.8

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

In my opinion the only good thing about this product is the super high spf. Wonderful really. However it just doesn't blend in. I tried mixing it with other moisturizers to make it blendable, I even tried mixing with oils but nope it just sat there like I was mixing water and oil. Even worse it leave this whitish look when you use it and I look crazy.

It broke me out, even though it says it's for sensitive skin, it was probably too greasy for my skin

Pros: broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, oil-free/non greasy
Cons: very strong scent typical of most sunscreens, esp. high spf ones, and while the product isn't greasy, it leaves behind this residue that feels like silicone? plastic? Extra sunscreen around the rim of the tube opening dries like Elmer's glue.

Skin: Other, Dark, Warm

Horrible. Hard to blend in. Leaves splotchy white patches on your skin. Everything you don't want in a sunscreen. Thinking of just throwing this bottle away and NEVER re-purchasing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like that the SPF is so high on this one. I don't know exactly how much this is because I got this as part of some beauty magazine's summer beauty set (I forget which magazine but the set got sold out immediately).

This does not feel heavy under makeup and it does not sting like some sunblocks do. The only thing is that one day I put this on under makeup, get in my boyfriend's car, he leans over to kiss me and he asks "do you have sunblock on?". I was surprised since he never asked me this when I had other sunblock products on. It didn't really bother me (the smell or the fact that the BF noticed) but if you have a boyfriend whose nose is sensitive to sunblock and you dont' want your boyfriend to notice then I guess I recommend that you don't get this product LOL.

First time I tried this sunscreen, I think I used most of it on my neck and sparingly on the rest of my body. This was when I was on a vacation and in a hot area, so I figured maybe it was the climate that made me react that way. I also had a different face lotion, so I figured the face lotion was the culprit for the burning sensation that happened when I got back to the hotel. I ended up with hives on my neck from possibly the face lotion, sunscreen and a food allergy.

I tried this sunscreen again after the initial set of hives went down, and once again... small itchy bumps all over my skin at random times. And on my neck I have red patches of itchy marks at random places on my neck. Then I came and read the reviews here to find that a few other people had the same itchy red bumps reaction, and the review about it being the most chemical/unsafe sunscreen... Aish. In the trash this thing goes! Don't get it. The quest for a sunscreen that doesn't break me out continues on...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm very disappointed in this sunscreen, for numerous factors. The smell is truly strong and not in any way pleasant, it lingers on my skin and even provoked headaches on every occasion I've worn this. Which is the main reason I stopped using it. Other things that disappointed me was that is peeled up on fresh clean skin that had no makeup or powders put on over it. It does have a very strong white cast also, but most do. The white cast doesn't bother me, since I'm quite pale already. Another thing that is making me trash this sunscreen, is that according to EWG, it's a health hazard and not one of the most effective sun protection out there. It will break down, being a chemical sunscreen, so I can't imagine anybody wearing this under makeup, since it will have to be re-applied. It also contains oxybenzone, an active ingredient, which has been shown to be dangerous. So, it's not as gentle as I hoped Aveeno products would be. I'm un-impressed by this product.

This sunblock is great! I apply this on my face after using Thayer's alcohol-free witch hazel toner and Dermalogica's skin hydrating booster while my face is still moist. It spreads evenly on my face with no white cast. This product even helped control oil and keep my face matte for hours! Makeup goes on smoothly too! I love it! I will definitely try the one formulated for face next time.

I'vd tried a number of expensive sunblocks over the years but somehow I keep coming back to this one. Yes it leaves a slight white cast but there are not many good sunblocks that do not. You must take the time to really rub this into your skin at least 15minutes before going into the sun. It also acts as a moisturizer. It's loaded with Vitamin E to protect and repair sun damage.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

If I could give this product a 0 lippie, I definitely would! The sunscreen caused me to have a horrible rash EVERYWHERE on my body, wearing it just for one day! I don't understand what they put into this stuff, but I have NEVER had any reaction to skincare products like this!!!