Aveeno Active Naturals Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55

Filtered by hair type : Wavy

2.3

I'm fair skinned and burn very easily, very quickly so sunblock is an essential part of my daily routine. This is by far, one of the best! It's super light, non-greasy, blends in easy and provides great protection against the sun. I think the scent is really quite subtle (nice, even) compared to a lot of other sunblocks I've used, it smells just like a regular moisturizer really. I only use this on my body, not my face so I'm not sure if it would cause break outs, but it's so light I doubt it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm very disappointed in this sunscreen, for numerous factors. The smell is truly strong and not in any way pleasant, it lingers on my skin and even provoked headaches on every occasion I've worn this. Which is the main reason I stopped using it. Other things that disappointed me was that is peeled up on fresh clean skin that had no makeup or powders put on over it. It does have a very strong white cast also, but most do. The white cast doesn't bother me, since I'm quite pale already. Another thing that is making me trash this sunscreen, is that according to EWG, it's a health hazard and not one of the most effective sun protection out there. It will break down, being a chemical sunscreen, so I can't imagine anybody wearing this under makeup, since it will have to be re-applied. It also contains oxybenzone, an active ingredient, which has been shown to be dangerous. So, it's not as gentle as I hoped Aveeno products would be. I'm un-impressed by this product.

AWFUL!! I was very dissapointed with this sunscreen. The scent is really terrible, I couldn't handle it. It leaves skin very greasy. It's extremely thick and doesn't rub in well, giving a very white cast that you can't get rid of. I gave up using it on my face but hated to waste it so I tried to use it up on my arms. Bad idea. I got tons of little red bumps like a rash. I *never* get a rash! Unfortunately, it went in the garbage.