Aveeno Active Naturals Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion SPF 55

2.8

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

In my opinion the only good thing about this product is the super high spf. Wonderful really. However it just doesn't blend in. I tried mixing it with other moisturizers to make it blendable, I even tried mixing with oils but nope it just sat there like I was mixing water and oil. Even worse it leave this whitish look when you use it and I look crazy.

It broke me out, even though it says it's for sensitive skin, it was probably too greasy for my skin

Surprised at the bad reviews. This has been my go-to sunscreen for almost a year, and I'm pretty picky. I was using an all-physical that broke me out and my skin was looking rough and dry. I switched to this even though I am pro-physical ss on principle. This is just so easy to use and looks great with makeup. It's a little shiny and white at first but dries down quickly and then looks beautiful on my slightly dry skin. Doesn't sting or feel heavy/sticky, but then again I'm used to heavier ss (IE, it's not super light or fluid like a moisturizer, like some people might be expecting). I don't have a problem with that as I am used to having a heavier formulation for more protection. (It is definitely more of a cream texture. Don't expect it to sink it like a moisturizer, as it does have a slight silicone feel)
    What I really like is that when I use this I can tell a noticeable difference in how my skin looks -- more even toned, less pigmentation, smooth. Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) is the first ingredient of the inactive ingredient list -- adding to it's antioxidant and protective properties. Pretty good for a d/s product! Also contains soybean protein to even out tone. I'm very fair, with freckles, and clog prone. This doesn't break me out, my skin has actually been looking better using this. So happy to have found something I don't have to order online and that is not expensive!

Really like this ss and hope they don't discontinue it! I sometimes have trouble finding it, I can only find a smaller Aveeno Active naturals which has completely different ingredients & doesn't contain the Vitamin C : /

Pros: broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection, oil-free/non greasy
    Cons: very strong scent typical of most sunscreens, esp. high spf ones, and while the product isn't greasy, it leaves behind this residue that feels like silicone? plastic? Extra sunscreen around the rim of the tube opening dries like Elmer's glue.

I like Aveeno product. This sunblock lotion is not bad.It says lotion but more like cream.It will not running.It dry well, but still you can feel something on your skin. Smells same as other sunblock lotion.So far it works well.Easy to take off too.

Skin: Other, Dark, Warm

Horrible. Hard to blend in. Leaves splotchy white patches on your skin. Everything you don't want in a sunscreen. Thinking of just throwing this bottle away and NEVER re-purchasing.

There are such mixed reviews for this, and I'm really surprised! I have acne-scarred, sensitive Irish-Scandinavian skin.

I have gone though 2 bottles of this in a little over a year, and am on a new bottle of the spf70, but only because I can't find the 55 ANYWHERE! Even Ulta let me down.

I live in the CA valley, where summers are easily 100+, and winters still 60+. This has never, not once, broken me out, or left a white cast. It acts just like any other moisturizer, and it helps set my mineral powder. It has no smell that I can detect, even brand new bottles of it. It's non-greasy, sinks right in. My skin is fussy and picky, but loves this.

UPDATE: I use Own now, since I have gone paraben free. I was still using this when I gave up parabens though, so I was sad to see it go. Such a great product if not for the icky parabens. :/

my skin was burning like crazy straight after i put it on, then the next day I was itchy all over...yuk. using words like "hypoallergenic" & "natural" - you must be kidding, just look at those ingredients :(

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like that the SPF is so high on this one. I don't know exactly how much this is because I got this as part of some beauty magazine's summer beauty set (I forget which magazine but the set got sold out immediately).

This does not feel heavy under makeup and it does not sting like some sunblocks do. The only thing is that one day I put this on under makeup, get in my boyfriend's car, he leans over to kiss me and he asks "do you have sunblock on?". I was surprised since he never asked me this when I had other sunblock products on. It didn't really bother me (the smell or the fact that the BF noticed) but if you have a boyfriend whose nose is sensitive to sunblock and you dont' want your boyfriend to notice then I guess I recommend that you don't get this product LOL.

I'm fair skinned and burn very easily, very quickly so sunblock is an essential part of my daily routine. This is by far, one of the best! It's super light, non-greasy, blends in easy and provides great protection against the sun. I think the scent is really quite subtle (nice, even) compared to a lot of other sunblocks I've used, it smells just like a regular moisturizer really. I only use this on my body, not my face so I'm not sure if it would cause break outs, but it's so light I doubt it.