Nature's Gate Aqua Block Very Water-Resistant Fragrance-Free SPF 50

No Image

Not tested on animals

I like this. I use it where I get sun spots all year round and it doesn't make me break out. It is dry and can be used under make-up. It blends well and doesn't leave a white caste.

on 5/19/2009 4:19:00 PM

I just tried this and love it. I normally use powder sunblock but don't like using the tinted on my neck and decollete as my clothes get all dirty looking. I have used it on those areas and my face for a few days and it is great. It feels fresh and hasn't made me break out. I use my powder sunblock as well on my face, but it's nice to have the extra protection.

on 6/20/2008 11:36:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I was looking for an alternative to my expensive Euro sunscreen that would be water-resistant, and in that sense, the Aqua Block SPF 50 (frag free) was adequate. I forgot how thick mostly-physical sunscreens can be, due to the high zinc oxide content. It also feels heavy on. And although it turned clear, when you first apply this it is very white. It performed as promised, when it came to not running into my eyes from sweat. It also didn't break me out. By the end of the day, though, I had more color than I normally would, probably due to inadequate UVA protection for my skin. Also, I did not reapply, and the directions on the tube say you should every 2 hours. The sunscreen is stable, a combination of zinc oxide and octinoxate, and I did not find this one irritating.