L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Plush was an impulse buy on ACW. I was getting a hot pink blush and I loved the warm, jelly pink of Plush. The color is pretty transparent and looks pretty by itself or layered. I usually pair it with Rimmel's Eastend Snob for a move obvious pink. I usually don't love pot glosses for hygiene issues and this one is not different. Its in a heavier glass jar which looks very nice but I keep it mostly at home since it weighs my purse down. I love the sweet, vanilla scent and think this jar will last probably until forever. Overall, no regrets about picking this up.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love the L'Oreal HIP line, and I heard a lot of good things about these jelly balms, so I decided to try them out. I'm glad I did. They have been compared to MAC Tendertones, which I enjoy, but I honestly think these are better. The color payoff is better and they smell amazing. I love it when products, especially lip ones, smell good; it just makes the whole product more enjoyable.

on 12/23/2009 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this product, and have been using it for 2 years now. My favorite colors are "Plush" and "Succulent". Plush looks like a bubblegum pink but goes on as a sheer baby pink on your lips, and I just love it. I like to use "Succulent" when it's cold out and I have pink cheeks and a very simple eye look (or lots of eyeliner and mascara) because I'm pale in the winter, and it's a nice alternative to the classic deep lip color/light eyed look.
I also use "Succulent" beneath my Date Night Dazzleglass by MAC. It's moisturizing and matches the color.(&& it's my fave lip look when I'm tanned). Def use these when I'm on the go, and I just love the scent. Will repurchase over and over.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I purchased Luscious and Succulent on a BOGO sale and even though there were "bad" reviews, I'm quite pleased with them. First, they aren't that pigmented which isn't a huge downfall. They are more sheer and for those who don't like those shimmery, color-blasted lip glosses, then you would like these Jelly Balms. They also have a glossy, shiny look. They don't last all day, but which lip glosses do? None that I've come across yet. Also most importantly, the two that I bought are not gross smelling (I didn't smell anything) and they are not sticky whatsoever! If you want crazy-glue type lipgloss, then go for something like MAC's Lipglass or NYX's. Some people like that but if you don't, then you'd probably like these. I do think they are way too costly...so if anything, find them on a BOGO sale.

on 10/30/2009 11:02:00 AM

I picked up the darkest color and the coral one, both go on alot sheerer than they look in the pot. Very nice color, the darker shade is a perfect mlbb shade, the coral almost does not show up on my lips, but mine are very tinted naturally. I picked these up at the 99 cent store, I think these two colors may be discontinued, they also had the eyeshadows that look like the Mac eye paints. I am going back and stocking up. Honestly I would pay regular price, I like these alot, I think they have better shades than Mac does.

on 10/18/2009 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I have quite a few items from the HIP collection (pigments, e/s, cream colors, e/l, etc.) but the jellybalms are by far my favorite. I am more of a lipgloss kind of girl but these are amazing. I really like these the only down side would be the the cost. Typically I don't really like to spend alot of money for really anything, but they usually have a few BOGOs and such going on. This product is probably the only makeup item I would spend a little bit more money for. I love the little hint of candy smell. The packaging if very durable and fairly small, to fit in your purse. This gloss lasts a pretty decent amount of time and is very smooth. There is absolutly no stickiness to it. As you've probably heard typically you apply the product with your finger, which isn't too bad. It lasts a fairly decent amount of time if you use it alot, like I do. I really like it, the only thing is it seems like I only get the perfect amount on my finger but it keeps disappearing in the jar! :O Very nice!
Lexi

on 7/5/2009 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I will start off by saying I do not like highly pigmented glosses and tend to stick to sheer ones. I received this in swap because it was unavailable in Canada at the time. I received 'Plush'. These are the smoothest, most comfortable lip gloss/balm I have tried recently. It wears like a balm and looks like a gloss if that makes sense. Not too thick and not sticky. I picked up a couple more 'Plush' when they became available and threw a couple Savory in the basket as well. I don't really mind dunking my finger in but would prefer a squeezy tube or something.

PLUSH - shows up as a clean, light pink on my fairly pigmented lips. Looks fresh and girlie which I LOVE!

SAVORY - shows up warm coral/tangerine on my lips - but just barely. I really like this shade as well.

on 6/3/2009 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Really it's just the pretty packaging that everyone is buying this... Including me, lol. Really it's nothing spacial. The color is super sheer. For some reason i''v found some pictures of these on the internet (I was the one that uploaded them on here) that makes it look like they show up on the lips but they really don't. They do make your lips look very shinny, but so do much cheaper stuff, and it does make them stay shinny a little longer, but again I've found some Sally Hansen things that does that too... but for $1. And they give you so little product just the bit that the cap covers when you put it back on the jar. The base of the jar is completely productless. Hold it side ways and you can look straight through the base. Yeah it has an Awesomely cute packaging but it's nothing spacial.

on 5/6/2009 11:21:00 AM

Pros: Light, not super shiny, NOT SPARKLY! (you can never find lip gloss that isn't loaded with stupid glitter), lasts a decent amount of time (couple of hours), nicely pigmented, not sticky at all

Cons: I wish it was in a stick or tube. Having to use your finger to put it on then always looking for something to wipe your finger off afterwards kinda sucks. But not enough for me to not buy it again!

Hopefully they come out with more colors. This stuff is inbetween chap stick and lip gloss. It helps prevent me from picking at my lips and isn't really flavored so I'm not tempted to lick them either. Yeah it's a little pricy for a drugstore, but compared to like Lancome or Clinique glosses (which I think this stuff deff rivals, quality-wise) I think it's about right. Will deff buy again!

on 5/1/2009 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I bought this lip gloss this afternoon after reading the reviews on here.
It seems like it would be a good product but I did not like it at all.
It is rather sticky and after a while the "glossy" looks goes away and I am left with a semi sticky feeling upon my lips.

I bought the one called Plush and I am assuming that my lips are the same color as Plush because there was no coloring on my lips.

I bought this for $8.99 ... I assumed I had a coupon for a couple of bucks off but I could not find it in my purse. Needless to say I just threw away $$$ ... I could have used that money for a movie tonight.

I was diappointed in this product. I will simply stick with apply a small amount of vaseline on my lips. Vaseline always keeps my lips looking nice. I have been asked many a times about what sort of gloss I am wearing ... and its not even gloss its just Vaseline.

I will be placing this Plush up for swap - again very disappointed.