L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I LOVELOVELOVELOVE this lip balm. It is so moisturizing and has a beautiful and tinted finish. I have delecable (my favorite), ripe (my second favorite), succulent, luscious, and savory. I'm not into the bubblegum color of plush so that will not be in my makeup setup any time soon. I'm a lip product junkie and I'm incredibly picky with balms. I usually hate the pot packaging, but I love the glass packaging on these products. The L'Oreal HIP jelly balm is by far the best lip balm I've ever invested in.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

So I bought this in "Plush" and i was just kinda like whatever about it. I got it and saw it was more of a bubble gum pink than expected. I opened it and it smelled DELICIOUS. I applied it on my lips and it had the tiniest tint of pink (which is good) at first I was scared it was gonna come off that pink on my lips but when it didn't, I was super excited.

I then got it in Ripe which is a red and I love it. I've always wanted to try red lipsticks but I'm scared of how they'll look, so this gives me a hint of red and dresses my face up for special occasions.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

I bought two of these on clearance for practically nothing; I definitely would not have paid full price for these. I don't love or hate them--they go on smooth and seem to last well. They're a little sticky but in a good way--not too tacky feeling. Overall, I may use these from time to time if they're all I have on hand, but I have too many lip products I really love to waste my time with these. They give no color and I was hoping for some kind of taste (it's not an offensive chemical tasting product, but a minty or fruity taste could have made these a lot more appealing).

on 9/27/2009 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I own three shades...can't recall the names now but it doesn't matter..i'd buy them all. They go on the perfect sheerness and perfect amount of shine. great for someone like me that likes to do a heavy eye instead of lip.

on 8/20/2009 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great lip balm, and can also double as a lip gloss.
Usually lip balms have a subtle sheen/shine. L'oreal HiP jelly balm has a LOT of shine(don't get it if you don't want your lips to scream LIP GLOSS)
It's very very sheer for a HiP product. Even with the darkest colors, it's still very very sheer.
Not at all sticky. Very smooth. The taste is fine.
Lasts for hours (over 3+ if you're not prone to lick your lips or eat anything)

The reason this doesn't get 5 lippies is because it is over 9 dollars for just a lip balm. That really is all that it is, a lip balm. For over 9 dollars, it's a very pricey drug store product. Get it on BOGO.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love these Jelly Balms as they give a sheer, deliciously scented slick of color to the lips. They are perfect for summer except they lack an SPF. Its packaged in a heavy glass pot, it doesn't feel cheap, much like a MAC paint pot type of container. I got several of them as they were on a BOGO @ Walgreen's. My favorite is Savory: Peachy/coral. They feel great on the lips. Super-hydrating, natural color, half price: what more can one ask for?

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in Plush 120. It looks like a bright bubblegum pink! It smells quite heavily of cotton candy. The texture feels quite gooey like melted marshmallows, but it doesn't dry sticky. My lips feel moisturized even after it wears off, not dried out at all.

It looks really pigmented in the pot, but it is actually quite sheer. There isn't much color to it if you apply it to your lips with no base. If you want it to show up the way I got it to, you have to get like a nude base on the lips. It comes in a glass jar with 4.5 g/0.159 oz. I probably would not pay full price for it, but I managed (after sales and coupons) to get this for $0.42.

on 4/14/2009 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

So I went on a spree yesterday at Longs Drugs seeing that everyone on here got it for 75% off. So i searched my local Longs so I could buy into the HIP products without having to pay the price that is normally asked for , which to me seems quite \pricey for drug store brands. but heck its still cheap, right? its not like 18 dollar lip balm... So i went for it and picked it up in succulent and some other color (couldnt find the name in my purse but it was like a cherry color)...and i loved it. the texture isnt too sticky and gives just enough gloss to make your lips look wet. sexy if you have dramatic eyes going on or some simple liner look going for you. i paid 10 bucks for 3 HIP items which is the cost of 1 item. On the sale I got 2 lip jelly and 1 DUO ;) i was happy they had a sale cause i wouldnt usually purchase these things..so overall iloved it! good for a simple everyday wear or when your doing those smokey eyes and need a light shade on the lips!! try to go to Longs drugs while they are still on sale, you dont wanna pay full price if you dont really have to!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I've been waiting for it to go on sale and today was the day! 75% off at Longs! I got it for only 2.49! GREAT! GREAT! It goes on smooth and I love the color (clear, glosst and pink)....love it...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Very smooth, gives a nice tint. I wouldn't buy it again only because I only like the one shade and don't really use the one I have that much, but it is a nice gloss. You can always get deals on drugstore-brand makeup, so wait for those. While it can feel nice on the lips, I want something even more moisturizing..