L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

on 10/8/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Package: I HATE lip pots. URGH, so unsanitary!!!! For this product, though, I break out my lip brush...it's worth it.

The Product: I have this balm in delectable, and I must agree that it is. It makes my lips look pouty and awesome. The balm is a little sticky, but it lasts for at least 4-5 hours. It also has a great sweet candy scent, and very sheer but buildable color.

The Price: Cheap, for the nice product you are getting. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was lucky enough to find this jelly balm that I have be looking for! I got it for half the original price which was $9. They only had two different shades left and I chose Plush. This shade is a moisturizing, hot pink and makes my lips feel good. But, after thirty minutes, it dries out and I am no longer moisturized on the lips. I will not buy this again considering it is going to be discontinued.

I am hooked! For life! I have the 420 Savory color which is a coral red in the little box and pretty bare on my lips!Which I like a lot! I never really liked lip balms to have a pigmentation.What I like with this jelly balm is the texture, not sticky and not gluey at all! It's legere and long lasting!
Taste wise it has none, just a vague creamy smell! Yet again another plus because I simply hate a strong scent in a lip balm/gloss/jelly. I nourishes also which is never a bad thing.Overall for the quasi in existent price I get only benefits! I simply can't name a single bad thing about this!
And considering that I ONLY use lip balms and lip glosses I am pretty satisfied with this and probably will last me for over one year!
I would highly recommend it!

on 9/18/2010 10:44:00 AM

LOVE this :) I got in 'Delectable' 320 and it's a really pretty red/pink-ish tone.. so cute! It is a bit more expensive than all the d/s glosses but you get what you pay for. Not five lippies cause I COULD go without it... but I don't think I'll ever want to! Love love loveeeee it

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really love their new "HIP" line of products. These Jelly Balm lip glosses are excellent. The shade I bought is called "Lucious"...a gorgeous deep berry brown shade. It looks very dark in the pot, but It is very sheer when applied...not dark at all. This is the perfect shade for my very fair and ruddy skin tone, and I will purchase it again for sure. I gave this a rating of 4 instead of 5 because, like most lip gloss products, it does not stay on very long and needs to be re-applied often throughout the day. I do love the way it moisturizes your lips leaving them very soft and smooth. It also has a delicious caramel scent which I love.

I have these in Plush and Savory.
These balms are super moisturizing and the packaging is adorable. I love that L'Oral is using glass jars for their creams eyeliners and balms. It looks so expensive and luxurious!
The quality of these balms is wonderful. They're not waxy like a lot of drugstore balms are. They're not easy to find, but if you do, you need to pick them up! A must have for any makeup or lip gloss junkie!

I find that because it's in a pot it's less portable. I don't like using my fingers when I'm out and about because you're not always able to wash your hands. I don't want to contaminate these beauties. All in all, a fabulous product.
I'm more and more impressed with the quality of L'Oral HIP products. Definitely a great line!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Love it. I own four of the six shades that were available for this line (have they discontinued some shades? It seems like it), and I really love them all. I love the smooth texture of these balms; they feel great on the lips. I also love the how you can build the color up if you blot and reapply. It's just amazing how any of these colors improve the look of whatever you layer it over, be it bare lips or lipstick. I love that it doesn't have shimmer, too, so it looks really natural. My favorite color is Ripe, which is reddish-pinkish-orangeish. It somehow just makes my natural lip color look... juicier. The formula also finds a happy medium between gloss (which I find myself shunning lately) and matte balm (which doesn't really enhance anything).
I've taken away a lippie simply because of the packaging. In a perfect world, I wouldn't have to dip my finger in this little pot, but I can live with it. It's worth a little messiness.

on 6/3/2010 5:04:00 PM

I got these on clearance at Walgreens for about $4.99. I had been eyeing them for awhile but the retail price was just too high in my opinion (around $9). I got Ripe and Succulent at first. Ripe looks bright corally but it comes out very soft and warm pinkish on my lips. Succulent is a plummy pink and is also very sheer. I went back to get a back up Ripe which I really liked and also got Delectable. I don't like Delectable as much--it looks very cherry red in the pot but looks similar to Succulent on me (pink) so I don't need 2 that are similar. Succulent is nicer:) They smell and taste sweet but not sickeningly so and are smooth and minimally sticky. I don't like the pot either but can deal with it.

on 5/21/2010 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My Walgreens has these all on clearance right now + I have some L'oreal coupons so I picked up "Plush" for a couple bucks. I couldn't imagine paying $9/$10 for one of these things though! Anyway, I can see myself wearing it a lot in the summer...it smells nice, easy to apply (as long as your fingers are clean!), a bit thicker consistancy. All good things to me. Wouldn't really call it a "high intensity pigment" though, it's very sheer on me. I'm gonna try layering mine over a lip liner.

I may buy one or two more since they are so cheap right now...

on 5/18/2010 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have two of these, one in Delectable and one in Plush. I love them both! They can be sticky, but thats the problem I have with these. They have a great smell, are easy to apply, and are great for everyday looks.