L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown age: 36-43
L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Okay.
so after seeing youtube reviews on these,i decided to buy me one.
I went to target and got this shade because people complain that the lighter colors dont show up.
So i got this dark ugly color,got home tried it,&& was surprised that it showed up a very rosy pink plumy color,(not sheer)
LOVE.
I use it everyday!
This will honestly go good with any skintone!
Very familiar to the mac ones.

on 9/11/2010 12:22:00 AM

These are expensive for drugstore glosses, but I love them. They smell like vanilla cake and taste sweet. They're thick and moisturizing, but not in a slippery, greasy way. Plush is a light Malibu Barbie pink which doesn't show up very well, against fair skin anyway; Ripe is sort of a coral that's fun in summer; Delicious is a true blue-red; and Succulent is just like Clinique's Black Honey.

I'm a little worried L'Oreal may be discontinuing them, though; they've suddenly vanished from our local Wal-Mart.

One of my favorite lip products. Better than typical lip balms, nice density, great shine, good amount of color, smells yummy, and I like the sound of the cap as it unscrews. Solid, tough packaging that has survived being dropped several times, and all the colors are wearable. I have every color and didnt think twice about the cost...less than tendertones and by far a better product. If you want to try just one, I would try the lighter pink or orange/pink shade (savory I think), you will be surprised at the lovely tone it gives lips and the amt of moisture.

on 10/18/2009 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I just bought the High Intensity Lip Jelly In "Succulent" . I have dark brown skin and wanted a pinkish gloss to wear with a little brown lip liner. I usually buy more high end makeup so I am so pleased at the price! On my bare lips I spread the jelly on. A nicely pigmented sheer raspberry pink or I call it, a "rich pink". Not at all bubble gummy or cotton candy. Then I lightly lined my lips with Chestnut Mac lipliner and blended. Gorgeous! The beautiful pink gloss I was looking for. Just like all the stars wear and you KNOW the makeup artist mixed at least 2 or 3 shades for them, you know? It gives me a fresh, very pretty, very sophisticated pink lip look. I will definitely buy more and get the next darker shade.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love these Jelly Balms as they give a sheer, deliciously scented slick of color to the lips. They are perfect for summer except they lack an SPF. Its packaged in a heavy glass pot, it doesn't feel cheap, much like a MAC paint pot type of container. I got several of them as they were on a BOGO @ Walgreen's. My favorite is Savory: Peachy/coral. They feel great on the lips. Super-hydrating, natural color, half price: what more can one ask for?

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I currently have 3 of these. I find that they are a bit sticky for me. Some leave more color then others. I would like to try the other 2 colors. Wish they were not in a pot though.

on 5/1/2009 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have 2 of these, in Succulent (deep majenta) and Ripe (reddish pink). They are indeed very similiar to MAC tendertones, and also Stila's lip pots. I would say that the jelly balms are less sticky than Tendertones and slightly more pigmented. However, the jelly balms do not have SPF so I took 1 lippie off for that. I think the quality of these is very comparable to both the MAC and Stila products however for about 1/2 the price. If they come out with more deep shades, and especially if they add some with SPF, I would repurchase. Between the 2 Ripe is my favorite as it shows up a bit more on my pigmented lips. A nice MLBB color on me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

These recently came to Canada and are currently only available in savory and plush. I picked up plush and would repurchase the product but only in a darker colour. This is a very pretty cool toned pink in the pot but delivers no colour payoff on my not very pigmented lips. The texture is nice, not greasy or sticky and quite thick. The finish is subtly shiney and quite pretty. The scent is a cloying strawberry and caramel, and I can feel it in the back of my throat, not my favorite aspect of this balm! I'm fairly happy with the purchase and will probably finish this over the summer, if nothing else than as an easy topper over lipstick.

on 4/15/2009 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have Luscious and Delectable, deep plum and bright red respectively. I'm not a big lipgloss girl, but on the reviews written here, tried these out. They are as written, moisturizing and shiny without being too sticky (which I hate). I owned the very first MAC Lipglass and although it gave the best gloss ever I think, I always hate how every fuzz and hair got stuck to it.

The Jelly Balm colors are very subtle, a tint really which I barely detect. I don't think they cost too much given their equivalents in MAC.

Having lived through a previous time of lipgloss, I wish this were around the first time. It's builds up to a good gloss without too much stick, and lasts a long time. If you use a lipbrush, you get that very shiny thick gloss look. continued >>

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I have gone totally bonkers for these lip balms. I own every color: Ripe, Plush, Savory, Succulent, Luscious, and Delectable. Thanks to BOGO sales I own 2 of each balm. My no.1 and 2 favorites are Succulent (I own 9) and Plush (I own 4)!!! They look, feel, taste, wear, and smell awesome! I like these more that any L/G or L/S I own except for my MAC L/S that are in a lustre finish (nothing will ever take the lead over these MAC L/S :-D )

Succulent and Plush compliments my complexion (MAC - NC45, Bobbi Brown- Honey/Golden) SO, SO well. First I apply my Too Faced Borderline Anti-Feathering Lip Pencil (Another product that I am bonkers over) and then I apply the lip balm, with a lip brush, in the center of my lower/top lip and spread out following the shape of my lips. Then I apply another coat just in the center of my top/bottom lip and my lips are sextacious (a made up word ...LOL)

You can't tell me I am not beautiful when I have this balm on. (SMILE)

PS- The only negative I've noticed is that some of the shades vary in shade...I.E. two pots of the shade Savory can be different in that one is lighter than the other. What's up with that L'Oreal???