L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Okay.
so after seeing youtube reviews on these,i decided to buy me one.
I went to target and got this shade because people complain that the lighter colors dont show up.
So i got this dark ugly color,got home tried it,&& was surprised that it showed up a very rosy pink plumy color,(not sheer)
LOVE.
I use it everyday!
This will honestly go good with any skintone!
Very familiar to the mac ones.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was super-duper excited to pick these up! My nearest Target store (I adore Target!) didn't have these so I drove to the family-owned drugstore down the block to pick these up.
Price: Differs from store-to-store (as most druggie finds). I bought this from a little drugstore for around it's normal internet-retail price. Loreal products do tend to be more expensive than other drugstore brands, such as Maybelline.
Packaging: This lip tint looks a lot like the MAC's Tinted Lip Conditioner because it has a similar pot idea except it's smaller. The pot is heavy with a glass screw-on top. The lip jelly sits in the center and is applied with either your fingers or a brush. Some people find that this packaging is unsanitary because they have to use their own fingers instead of an applicator (like the doe foot) but I'm fine with this.
Consistency and Application: The one thing I wasn't so keen on with this product (and the reason why it lost a lippy) is because of it's weird consistency/texture. First of all, this is way different than a lip gloss. It's a lot thicker and harder and plenty sticky. It is moisturizing but it's texture and hardness changes on the room temperature; weird, I know! This has to be kept somewhat warm or else it will be too hard and stiff to apply evenly.
Color: Their color selection is very limited; I believe that there is only 4 colors, all of them being somewhat nude. There is no shimmer or intense gloss, but a creamy sort of sheen that looks very natural and wearable. I own these in Plush (a light hot pink which shows up almost translucent and is the same color as my lips) and Succulent (a berry color which comes up a light red-purple.)
Conclusion: I really liked how unique this product is. If you can't avoid the larger and more high-end MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner, you can find these at almost any drugstore. Colors are limited but it probably doesn't matter anyway because they are all very sheer. I love these for layering or for everyday wear because they aren't too bright but do offer good moisture. Just remember to wash your hands before you stick a finger in that little pot! :)

I LOVE this product. I have it in 2 colors, Ripe & Succulent. Ripe is an orange-ish red. It moisturizes my lips so well! I also have the color succulent which is a sheer plum. I prefer Ripe. Any who, I LOVE THEM !

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted a pink lip color that would moisturize my lips and this is it!

Pigment ~ My lips are pigmented so it's difficult for lip gloss colors to show up on my lips. When I tried plush on for the first time, I was disappointed because it looked like I put on clear chapstick. I decided to give it another shot. I applied a thin layer of the lip jelly, covering all of my lips. Afterwards, a thicker layer on top and bam! I got wonderful pink lips! The isn't the exact bubblegum pink from the jar (I'd never expect that) but it's still a cute, medium pink wash on my lips! (I'm a light-medium skinned Asian for reference)

Smell ~ I've read reviews where people say this product smells amazing. I have to agree. Even though I'm more of a fruity scent girl, I still find this smell pleasant. To me, it's a sweet vanilla kind of scent. Anyways, the smell isn't lingering so once on lips, I can't smell the product anymore.

Texture ~ It's pretty thick. Well, at least the way I have the jelly applied, two layers for pigment payoff. Don't expect this to feel like a "wet lip gloss." I'm personally not really bothered by the thick consistency and having the feeling that I have something on my lips.

Staying Power ~ Because of the thick consistency, the staying power is pretty good. I never expect glossy lip products to last long. I just reapply when I go to the bathroom.

Packaging ~ Okay, when I've just applied lotion to my hands, it's difficult to open the container so that can inconvenient. But once my hands are dry (like no more lotiony feel), no problemo. I also am not bothered by the "unsanitary" design of the container even though I have long nails. At home, I use a cotton bud and in public, I reapply after I've washed my hands in the bathroom.

Price ~ I'm cheap and don't like spending that much money. I was hesitant on buying this lip jelly seeing the $8 and something cents price tag, but it was soo worth it. This product was everything I was looking for! I will definitely purchase this lip product again unless I run across something even better beforehand!!

on 7/11/2011 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, how I love everything that is either going to be discontinued or already is discontinued...

I own three of the HIP Jelly Lip Balms, and I like the shades of all of them. Plush is my favorite, Ripe is second and Delectable is third. Plush is a pretty pink, which gives my lips a little lift not too much. I usually wear this one at bed time, because my DH is allergic to almost every type of lip balm on the market. My nails are short, so I don't mind using my finger to apply the lip balm at bedtime.

Ripe is a nice, subtle melon shade, and I typically use this one with a lip pencil. It's a nice shade for running errands, and it works perfectly with my fair, yellow-orange skin tone. Delectable is slighter darker than Ripe, and it's a nice, soft red, which gives your lips the look of licking a cherry popsicle. You can layer both Ripe and Delectable over a nude lipstick for a subtle look.

Overall, the glosses are fairly pigmented, and they last on my lips for about 1.5 hours at the most. Three lippies on the packaging, because you have to stick your finger in the container ~ my preference is to use a lip brush. This product has always been way too expensive at full price for a lip gloss. I can never seem to find them at my nearest drugstore at a great price, so I usually order them from drugstore.com @ BOGO 50%.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for my daughter 3 months ago, and I know why she gave it to me speechless! She used it only 2 times, then gave it to. I am not a whole "lipgloss fan", but I thought of trying it out, bad or good? I don't know. I went to work with it, and I had to reapply it 5 times, to get a good colour out of mine! Then after work, I wondered why my cell phone was so sticky, that was because the bottle cracked and got all over my bag! I had to buy a new bag, cell phone, contacts book, water bottle, and new makeup bag for my "on the go" stuff. DO NOT GET! I just had to throw the whole thing in the garbage!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this in Plush, a light baby pink, and I love how well it moisturized my lips.It comes in a jar that you would have to use a lip brush or your finger with. The only thing I didn't like was how sheer it was. It is called HIP (High Intensity Pigment) and I felt like it was just another sheer pink lip gloss.

I really enjoy this lip balm! I have the shades plush and delectable. These are truly nice lip balms, they texture is amazing! They are slightly glossy but not overly so, they also give the nicest hint of color on your lips! They are very sheer but i feel you can build it up slightly to get more color. I am really in love with this balm, they smell like cotton candy and are very moisturizing. The only downside about this product is the fact that there is no SPF! Considering this is my go-to summer lip product i would have liked there to be SPF but regardless this is an awsome product!

on 5/15/2011 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I brought this in Savory, a light orangey coral shade. It goes on sheer and is more like a clear gloss for me. I use it alot over my lipsticks for a glossy finish. They feel quite moisturizing and last for a fairly long time. Not sticky at all. Smells fruity too.

I pUrchased this on sale from walmart for $7.74 which is still not cheap it's normally $10. Anyway this lip balm is silky and hydrating. It leaves my lips soft. And it also gives the prettiest sheer wash of color. I have the color succulent and delectable. I really like this product...jar and all.

Popular Lip Glosses