L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

Okay.
so after seeing youtube reviews on these,i decided to buy me one.
I went to target and got this shade because people complain that the lighter colors dont show up.
So i got this dark ugly color,got home tried it,&& was surprised that it showed up a very rosy pink plumy color,(not sheer)
LOVE.
I use it everyday!
This will honestly go good with any skintone!
Very familiar to the mac ones.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted a pink lip color that would moisturize my lips and this is it!

Pigment ~ My lips are pigmented so it's difficult for lip gloss colors to show up on my lips. When I tried plush on for the first time, I was disappointed because it looked like I put on clear chapstick. I decided to give it another shot. I applied a thin layer of the lip jelly, covering all of my lips. Afterwards, a thicker layer on top and bam! I got wonderful pink lips! The isn't the exact bubblegum pink from the jar (I'd never expect that) but it's still a cute, medium pink wash on my lips! (I'm a light-medium skinned Asian for reference)

Smell ~ I've read reviews where people say this product smells amazing. I have to agree. Even though I'm more of a fruity scent girl, I still find this smell pleasant. To me, it's a sweet vanilla kind of scent. Anyways, the smell isn't lingering so once on lips, I can't smell the product anymore.

Texture ~ It's pretty thick. Well, at least the way I have the jelly applied, two layers for pigment payoff. Don't expect this to feel like a "wet lip gloss." I'm personally not really bothered by the thick consistency and having the feeling that I have something on my lips.

Staying Power ~ Because of the thick consistency, the staying power is pretty good. I never expect glossy lip products to last long. I just reapply when I go to the bathroom.

Packaging ~ Okay, when I've just applied lotion to my hands, it's difficult to open the container so that can inconvenient. But once my hands are dry (like no more lotiony feel), no problemo. I also am not bothered by the "unsanitary" design of the container even though I have long nails. At home, I use a cotton bud and in public, I reapply after I've washed my hands in the bathroom.

Price ~ I'm cheap and don't like spending that much money. I was hesitant on buying this lip jelly seeing the $8 and something cents price tag, but it was soo worth it. This product was everything I was looking for! I will definitely purchase this lip product again unless I run across something even better beforehand!!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for my daughter 3 months ago, and I know why she gave it to me speechless! She used it only 2 times, then gave it to. I am not a whole "lipgloss fan", but I thought of trying it out, bad or good? I don't know. I went to work with it, and I had to reapply it 5 times, to get a good colour out of mine! Then after work, I wondered why my cell phone was so sticky, that was because the bottle cracked and got all over my bag! I had to buy a new bag, cell phone, contacts book, water bottle, and new makeup bag for my "on the go" stuff. DO NOT GET! I just had to throw the whole thing in the garbage!

I pUrchased this on sale from walmart for $7.74 which is still not cheap it's normally $10. Anyway this lip balm is silky and hydrating. It leaves my lips soft. And it also gives the prettiest sheer wash of color. I have the color succulent and delectable. I really like this product...jar and all.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this balm!!! I have the colors Plush Savory and Luscious and i love all 3 of them because they are highly pigmented and at the same time they look so natural it gives you a porcelain doll lips!! They also have a nice scent to it and the texture is just awesome!!

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was extremely impressed with the jelly balm! I am pretty much a label whore for everything except mascara but I have been trying out some ds lip gloss/sticks and i got this off allcosmeticswholesale.com because I live in alaska and my walmart prices are a little more than the regular lower 48 prices so no way in hell would i buy ds makeup full price at like walmart/target ...but all in all this is a really great product and im going to order a back up of it i like it so much.. just the right amount of pigment not overly shiny no glitter and it feels reallllyy great on my lips very moisturizing i was pleasantly surprised and very impressed! MAC WORTHY PACKAGING.

on 8/25/2010 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I just purchased L'Oreal's H.I.P. jelly balm in delectable, and I do like this product, but it is not the best tinted balm I have tried (my favorite being Joe Fresh's tinted lip balm stick, which is only available in Canada). First off, I love the color. Delectable is a sheer pinkish red which is really pretty and natural looking, almost as if you just ate a cherry popsicle and then slicked on some clear gloss. It also has more of a gloss finish, as previously mentioned, as opposed to the more traditional finish of a balm. Finally, The smell is amazing! it smells like vanilla or caramel or a hybrid of the two-mmm.

On the downside, I do find this "balm" quite sticky, which I don't hate, but I don't love either. The price is another downfall; at around 10$ a pop, this balm is pretty pricey for only .158 ounces.

Overall, I would re-purchase because I do love the color, but it does not deserve a full five lippies.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have four shades of these:

Plush: a baby pink, mutes out my pigmented lips a little, and my favorite shade
Ripe: A sheer coral shade-clear on my pigmented lips
Delectable: a red-raspberry color that makes my lips look rosy
Succulent: a purplish shade that's really pretty even though I don't reach for it as much

I bought these before the hype really started, and I have to say the hype is all true. These aren't sticky at all, they're moisturizing, and they feel really cushiony. All the colors are really great and give just a tiny tint that looks really natural. I'm usually not a fan of these warm caramel scents, but it really fits with these balms and I really love it!

I don't have anything bad to say about these, and I want to pick up all the shades!

on 5/5/2010 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I now have this in Plush (sheer bubble gum pink) and Delectable (sheer red). I love both of them! They are moderately moisturizing and although the colors are very sheer you can slightly see a tint. I have to say that for $9.00 is expensive but oh well.

Update: I still love my jelly balms and I am very sad that I cannot find them in stores anymore! I am worried that if I run out I will not be able to get my hands on these again...boohoo!

on 2/18/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. The jelly balm in plush is what made me become interested in lip glosses in general (before i really disliked them)

Pros:
Love the colors, very flattering on the lips
surprisingly pigmented
cute packaging (this is probably 99% of the reason why i love this product)
makes lips very soft and moisturized
sticky, but not annoyingly so
easy to apply
lasts a LONG time
fruity smell and taste

Cons:
some may have a problem with the stickiness, although i personally HATED sticky lipglosses beforehand and it doesn't bother me at all!
pretty expensive for a lipstore l/g in a pot
you end up wiping your finger used to apply on your pants or something, which i don't mind at all, but i'm some will.

Overall i really like the HIP jelly balms. I have two in plush and succulent and they are pretty pigmented for l/gs in pots. The best part is the fact that it comes in a pot because the application is almost fun... it's hard to describe. in all, i would definitely repurchase when necessary!