L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 36-43
L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my second favorite lip balm, first is Sonia Kashuk hydrating lip balm at Target. I don't like the pot much because of having to use fingers but the consistency and smell of this balm is awesome. A lot of balms are waxy and solid and this is just like a jelly...and non sticky. You can actually rub the remainder of the product into your skin like a lotion and it softens! Used thickly, you get lots of color, used sparingly, a nice balmy softness with a hint of color. It has so-so staying power. Nice product for a change of pace if you're tired of glosses. I like the jelly balms way more than MAC tendertones.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in Delectable because it was the only one left..it was marked down for $2.50 at WalGreens on clearance and I figured, I'd try it (I refused to buy it for full price which was a ridiculous $10!). Wow..I wish I hadn't waited so long! It smells like cotton candy and the color is deep pink/red but on my lips it is a lovely deep pink that makes my lips look (as other reviewers have said)--JUICY! This has no shimmer at all and it feels nice and slick on my lips not sticky at all, which is a good thing for me, because I hate sticky glosses. The only downside is the pot, you have to stick your finger in it. When you're out and there isn't a napkin around, then you have to figure out where you can wipe the extra gloss off your finger! lol Other than that, I wish I could find some other colors..I would stock up, since this is obviously discontinued.

PROS: I bought ripe (a coral color) and a more red color. The red is nice for not too red. I love the coral (ripe) though. The smell is good. Pretty reasonable price.

CONS: A bit sticky. (That's probably what makes it last.) The colors are NOT as intense as they appear in the jar. Some won't like that it's in a pot.

*****I've heard rumors here that this is being discontinued (boo) and now I've seen them on clearance everywhere. I hope not, but if so, I'll stick with L'Oreal and Revlon glosses.*****

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I currently have 3 of these. I find that they are a bit sticky for me. Some leave more color then others. I would like to try the other 2 colors. Wish they were not in a pot though.