L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

on 10/25/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

So I loved the color and honestly the staying power is awesome, but then you run into stickyness. I hate sticky balms, this is more of a personal preference and I did not find that it helped chapped lips in anyway.

on 5/21/2011 3:46:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought the color "Succulent" 520......I love the texture, the look, and the color of the product. It is shiny, but not overtly so. It does have nice pigmentation, just a shade darker than my natural lip color. The smell and taste of it is nice. It comes in a cute glass pot. The cons: it doesn't seem to last very long, I had to reapply frequently. Not a whole lot comes in a pot, only 0.159oz. I don't forsee this lasting a really long time. I got it on sale for about $5 (after a coupon) and I would purchase this product again, if it was on sale again. I would NOT pay full price (around $10). I heard this was being DC'ed? I hope not, it really is a nice balm.

EDITED 5/22~~~ Went back and bought "Plush" !!! I love it, too!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in 'Savory' as well as 'Luscious', which I have done a separate review on. Savory has a nice coral tone. Looks orange in the pot, but doesn't apply that way on my lips. It gives a slight pink tint and looks very natural. Pretty much will enhance you natural lip colour. Savory is sheer, so can be layered over lipsticks if you want. Would work for alot of different skintones. These were discounted as I believe they are now discontinued? But if they weren't I would definitely repurchase. Very moisturizing on the lips and not sticky at all. Great buy and similar in texture to Mac Tendertones.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is a great buy! I'm so sad that it's discontinued. I like applying this with a portable lip brush to keep the product and my hands clean.

On my lips, the Jelly Balm is really smooth, moisturizing, and comfortable. It also smells amazing. The colors look bright in the packaging but you can achieve a range of coverages from sheer to light.

I own this in Ripe and Plush. Ripe is a bright reddish coral, and Plush is an equally bright bubble-gum pink. I love both, depending on what look I want.

on 10/7/2010 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I can't quite articulate why, but this is my favorite lip balm to throw in my carry-on bag for airplane trips. I have tons of lip balms, lots of which would be more convenient for travel, but this is the one I like. I think because at the end of a long plane ride, it smells delicious, moisturizes my lips and also makes them look nice. Right now I like Savory, a peachy color, because it goes with whatever makeup I have on. But Plush, a pink, is nice, too.

I generally prefer lip balms that you don't have to stick your finger in to, but this packaging is elegant and makes the product seem more expensive than it is. I keep an eye out for when these are marked down and stock up.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have so many great things to say about these lipglosses!! I own 3; succulent, plush, and delectable. I love that these are so smooth and glide on your lips so smoothly. The color payof is okay but these things are just amazing! I always find them on my lips and i won mac, lancome, stila, etc. I'm 13 and these are just amazing for me. And i really like the packaging because you can actually see how much you have left. Obviously, always make sure that you wash your hands first (: If you're a little bit hesitant about buying them don't be. These things are the best I've ever owned(:(:

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

This product is... Perfect. It has a slight vanilla scent that I adore, and the packaging is black and glass and sleek. MAC comparable packaging. And the product itself... No. Shimmer. Whatsoever! Ugh, what a refreshing change from the glitter adorned glosses I see everywhere. It's really pigmented enough to color my lips really nicely but still sheer enough to make my lips look gorgeous, glossy, and moist. I don't mind the fact I have to dip my fingers to it, but I don't see the "balm" part of it except the feeling. It didn't moisturize my lips or anything but I apply balm before anyway. I have it in Ripe, a coral-red and Succulent, a gorgeous deep pink, and I love them both, either wearing alone or over any lipstick. Especially Ripe over a too-light accidental lipstick. It really gives it a special punch!

on 9/18/2010 10:44:00 AM

LOVE this :) I got in 'Delectable' 320 and it's a really pretty red/pink-ish tone.. so cute! It is a bit more expensive than all the d/s glosses but you get what you pay for. Not five lippies cause I COULD go without it... but I don't think I'll ever want to! Love love loveeeee it

on 8/29/2010 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in Plush and Succulent and love them both. They are so moisturizing and glossy at the same time. The vanilla/caramel scent is delicious. The color comes out more sheer on my lips than it appears in the pot. I like the glass packaging, it looks nice, although it is sometimes annoying to have to dip my fingers or a brush into the pot. I've almost completely used mine up because I reach for these often, and would definitely pick up some more.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I LOVELOVELOVELOVE this lip balm. It is so moisturizing and has a beautiful and tinted finish. I have delecable (my favorite), ripe (my second favorite), succulent, luscious, and savory. I'm not into the bubblegum color of plush so that will not be in my makeup setup any time soon. I'm a lip product junkie and I'm incredibly picky with balms. I usually hate the pot packaging, but I love the glass packaging on these products. The L'Oreal HIP jelly balm is by far the best lip balm I've ever invested in.

Popular Lip Glosses