L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

on 10/8/2011 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Package: I HATE lip pots. URGH, so unsanitary!!!! For this product, though, I break out my lip brush...it's worth it.

The Product: I have this balm in delectable, and I must agree that it is. It makes my lips look pouty and awesome. The balm is a little sticky, but it lasts for at least 4-5 hours. It also has a great sweet candy scent, and very sheer but buildable color.

The Price: Cheap, for the nice product you are getting. :)

on 9/16/2011 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These balm-glosses are absolutely amazing! I came across these two months ago at my local drugstore and they were on sale, so I picked up three colors: Ripe, Delectable and Succulent. The scent is the most delicious scent ever, but it doesn't really last and there isn't any discernible taste. What I love the most is that they are as moisturizing as a balm, but as shiny and long-lasting as a sticky gloss (i.e. MAC clear lipglass). The only color I didn't get was the bubblegum pink one as I read on MUA that it wasn't pigmented at all, and since I have barely pigmented lips, I wanted something that can give me some extra color. My favorite out of them all is Ripe, which turns into a peachy pink tint on my lips and goes well with the warm neutral look that I prefer for everyday. It's a shame that they are getting discontinued! The only con I can think of, even thought it doesn't really bother me, is that the packaging sucks. I find the glass base to look really awkward and the lid is rather cheap. You don't get a lot of product inside, but I find that since it is longer lasting that your average lipbalm, which means that you need to apply less, not having too much product means that it's not going to expire before you can finish it. Overall, I like it a lot, and I wish they can bring them back into a permanent collection.

I LOVE this product. I have it in 2 colors, Ripe & Succulent. Ripe is an orange-ish red. It moisturizes my lips so well! I also have the color succulent which is a sheer plum. I prefer Ripe. Any who, I LOVE THEM !

on 7/11/2011 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, how I love everything that is either going to be discontinued or already is discontinued...

I own three of the HIP Jelly Lip Balms, and I like the shades of all of them. Plush is my favorite, Ripe is second and Delectable is third. Plush is a pretty pink, which gives my lips a little lift not too much. I usually wear this one at bed time, because my DH is allergic to almost every type of lip balm on the market. My nails are short, so I don't mind using my finger to apply the lip balm at bedtime.

Ripe is a nice, subtle melon shade, and I typically use this one with a lip pencil. It's a nice shade for running errands, and it works perfectly with my fair, yellow-orange skin tone. Delectable is slighter darker than Ripe, and it's a nice, soft red, which gives your lips the look of licking a cherry popsicle. You can layer both Ripe and Delectable over a nude lipstick for a subtle look.

Overall, the glosses are fairly pigmented, and they last on my lips for about 1.5 hours at the most. Three lippies on the packaging, because you have to stick your finger in the container ~ my preference is to use a lip brush. This product has always been way too expensive at full price for a lip gloss. I can never seem to find them at my nearest drugstore at a great price, so I usually order them from drugstore.com @ BOGO 50%.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this in Plush, a light baby pink, and I love how well it moisturized my lips.It comes in a jar that you would have to use a lip brush or your finger with. The only thing I didn't like was how sheer it was. It is called HIP (High Intensity Pigment) and I felt like it was just another sheer pink lip gloss.

on 5/15/2011 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I brought this in Savory, a light orangey coral shade. It goes on sheer and is more like a clear gloss for me. I use it alot over my lipsticks for a glossy finish. They feel quite moisturizing and last for a fairly long time. Not sticky at all. Smells fruity too.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in 'Savory' as well as 'Luscious', which I have done a separate review on. Savory has a nice coral tone. Looks orange in the pot, but doesn't apply that way on my lips. It gives a slight pink tint and looks very natural. Pretty much will enhance you natural lip colour. Savory is sheer, so can be layered over lipsticks if you want. Would work for alot of different skintones. These were discounted as I believe they are now discontinued? But if they weren't I would definitely repurchase. Very moisturizing on the lips and not sticky at all. Great buy and similar in texture to Mac Tendertones.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is a great buy! I'm so sad that it's discontinued. I like applying this with a portable lip brush to keep the product and my hands clean.

On my lips, the Jelly Balm is really smooth, moisturizing, and comfortable. It also smells amazing. The colors look bright in the packaging but you can achieve a range of coverages from sheer to light.

I own this in Ripe and Plush. Ripe is a bright reddish coral, and Plush is an equally bright bubble-gum pink. I love both, depending on what look I want.

on 11/20/2010 2:04:00 AM

i really love this lip balm. The smell is great, like cocoa butter. It feels smooth and moist, not sticky at all. i wear the color Plush. It looks like it's gonna be a little too 80s hot pink in the jar but it's actually a subtle pink flush, dewy, but not saturated gloss. My only complaint is thatbit doesn't last all that long so i go through a jar pretty quickly.

on 11/13/2010 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lip balm is amazing... i have it in succulent, plush, and ripe i love all of them but my favorite hands down is plush. It gives the perfect flush of pink and isn't too glossy. it makes your lips look amazing, the texture is smooth (a little stickier than MACs tinted lip conditioner) I bought two of them at target for about 7 to 8 dollars but the cheapest i've found it for is from allcosmeticswholesale and i believe it was about 4 dollars. the only downside to me at least is the fact that it is in a jar (i don't like using my fingers to apply lip products...but it is still worth it)