L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

on 9/16/2011 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These balm-glosses are absolutely amazing! I came across these two months ago at my local drugstore and they were on sale, so I picked up three colors: Ripe, Delectable and Succulent. The scent is the most delicious scent ever, but it doesn't really last and there isn't any discernible taste. What I love the most is that they are as moisturizing as a balm, but as shiny and long-lasting as a sticky gloss (i.e. MAC clear lipglass). The only color I didn't get was the bubblegum pink one as I read on MUA that it wasn't pigmented at all, and since I have barely pigmented lips, I wanted something that can give me some extra color. My favorite out of them all is Ripe, which turns into a peachy pink tint on my lips and goes well with the warm neutral look that I prefer for everyday. It's a shame that they are getting discontinued! The only con I can think of, even thought it doesn't really bother me, is that the packaging sucks. I find the glass base to look really awkward and the lid is rather cheap. You don't get a lot of product inside, but I find that since it is longer lasting that your average lipbalm, which means that you need to apply less, not having too much product means that it's not going to expire before you can finish it. Overall, I like it a lot, and I wish they can bring them back into a permanent collection.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for my daughter 3 months ago, and I know why she gave it to me speechless! She used it only 2 times, then gave it to. I am not a whole "lipgloss fan", but I thought of trying it out, bad or good? I don't know. I went to work with it, and I had to reapply it 5 times, to get a good colour out of mine! Then after work, I wondered why my cell phone was so sticky, that was because the bottle cracked and got all over my bag! I had to buy a new bag, cell phone, contacts book, water bottle, and new makeup bag for my "on the go" stuff. DO NOT GET! I just had to throw the whole thing in the garbage!

on 5/21/2011 3:46:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought the color "Succulent" 520......I love the texture, the look, and the color of the product. It is shiny, but not overtly so. It does have nice pigmentation, just a shade darker than my natural lip color. The smell and taste of it is nice. It comes in a cute glass pot. The cons: it doesn't seem to last very long, I had to reapply frequently. Not a whole lot comes in a pot, only 0.159oz. I don't forsee this lasting a really long time. I got it on sale for about $5 (after a coupon) and I would purchase this product again, if it was on sale again. I would NOT pay full price (around $10). I heard this was being DC'ed? I hope not, it really is a nice balm.

EDITED 5/22~~~ Went back and bought "Plush" !!! I love it, too!!

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is a GREAT porduct. They just started selling this product in Canada. But apprently is is actually discontinued in the States. Thats to bad. But this has a great light sweet, vanilla scent, and gives a nice sheer wash of colour, and is super moisturizing. I have in the colour Ripe, which gives you a very, very sheer redish pink tint. Love it. I am just not a fan of the price. 12.50 here, I did get my on sale for 6.25. But overall a great product.

on 8/29/2010 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in Plush and Succulent and love them both. They are so moisturizing and glossy at the same time. The vanilla/caramel scent is delicious. The color comes out more sheer on my lips than it appears in the pot. I like the glass packaging, it looks nice, although it is sometimes annoying to have to dip my fingers or a brush into the pot. I've almost completely used mine up because I reach for these often, and would definitely pick up some more.

on 6/3/2010 5:04:00 PM

I got these on clearance at Walgreens for about $4.99. I had been eyeing them for awhile but the retail price was just too high in my opinion (around $9). I got Ripe and Succulent at first. Ripe looks bright corally but it comes out very soft and warm pinkish on my lips. Succulent is a plummy pink and is also very sheer. I went back to get a back up Ripe which I really liked and also got Delectable. I don't like Delectable as much--it looks very cherry red in the pot but looks similar to Succulent on me (pink) so I don't need 2 that are similar. Succulent is nicer:) They smell and taste sweet but not sickeningly so and are smooth and minimally sticky. I don't like the pot either but can deal with it.

on 5/29/2010 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got these on clearance at Walgreens as well for 4.99 USD. I'm assuming they must be DCing them? Because alot of places don't carry them anymore. I have 3 - a coral shade, the dark fuchsia shade, and a sheer cherry red. All 3 have the same yummy vanilla taste/smell. I really enjoy these. I wasn't sure if I would because I tend to be very picky about lip balm. I had wanted to try these for a while but $9 for drugstore lip balm, tinted or not, is a bit steep and I tend to not buy L'Oreal products.

I marked I would buy these again but I would really only buy them again marked down. I still feel $9 is to high. And they don't even have SPF. For a few bucks more, I'll try the MAC lip conditioners. That said, if I see them go down even more, like a dollar or 2, I'll buy the other colors and probably buy a few spares.

on 5/19/2010 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

These are so great!! I've had Plush for a few months and I just ran out, so I bought another Plush and picked up Delectable as well. Plush is the a very pretty pale pink. Delectable is a nice sheer red. I love them both so much. I think that both colors would work on almost any skintone. For a sheer balm they are very pigmented and go on super smooth. Delectable definitely gives me more color - on me it is a sheer reddish pink. They have decent (but not great) lasting power and they smell delicious! My only complaint is the price - pretty high for a drugstore product in such a small tub. But I like them enough that I would repurchase.

on 1/29/2010 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a great balm/gloss to have on hand. I found them very cheap on eBay, and bought Luscious (a deep berry-wine), Plush (creamy pink), and Savory (a soft peach). They're potted, which I don't mind; in fact, I prefer potted lip products as I apply them more often with my fingers or my lip brush rather than a wand. The consistency in the pot is very dense, and balmy, but when you spread it on your lips, it turns into a very flattering, soft gloss. The colors are not opaque; they're sheer and give your lips just a soft pop of color. I wouldn't consider this quite a balm, I don't think it would really cure chapped lips, but they definitely protect against chapping. My lips chap up easily, especially during winter, and I'll apply the Jelly Balm throughout the day, and not have a single problem. The price is rather steep though, I think ten dollars for a drug-store lip product is a little much.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love the L'Oreal HIP line, and I heard a lot of good things about these jelly balms, so I decided to try them out. I'm glad I did. They have been compared to MAC Tendertones, which I enjoy, but I honestly think these are better. The color payoff is better and they smell amazing. I love it when products, especially lip ones, smell good; it just makes the whole product more enjoyable.