L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

on 8/14/2011 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have this in Luscious and Savory. Found both shades at the 99 Cent Store, so obviously, I bought them! Luscious doesn't really work on my fair skin. It looks a little brown and funky.
I'm sort of an all or nothing girl, so when I'm not wearing lipstick, I prefer to just have on some Burt's Bees or a clear plumping gloss, so I don't wear Savory on it's own. BUT when I'm wearing a matte coral or orange-red lipstick, and want a juicy, glossy, but not glittery finish, I put Savory over it, and it looks beautiful! Perhaps I'll try Luscios over a deep red and see how it works.

This is a really fun product!! I love how its in a cute pot! I got the color ripe, which I really love. The balm is very glossy and adds a sheer tint to your lips which I really like to wear if Im wearing a more dramatic eye. Its super smooth,super moisturizing and not sticky, though it has a thicker consistency. OMG OMG I cannot resist the caramelly smeel-So scrumptious!!! The only reason I took away a lippie is because the shine lasts super short like 10 minutes, but the color stays. Also at the regular price of $8 its fairly expensive, but I got this for less than $3 from a sale at my local Walgreens!! Overall though it rocks!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

This is sooo moisturizing, as soon as I apply my lips feel so plump and moist. I have pigmented lips so the colors hardly show up on me but thats okay. And of course, its in a jar so you have to stick your fingers in there all the time which is unsanitary. It also gives the lips a wet, juicy look which i love and it lasts a good 1-2 hours on me before I have to re-apply. Overall a great lip balm!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's quite difficult to find a tinted or colored lip balm with decent color payoff, but this one is ideal. The formula for this balm is very elegant. It's moisturizing, not sticky and provides a pretty sheen without looking too glossy. I've never liked glosses that you have to apply with a doe-foot applicator. They always seem to feel unpleasant and sticky. While I'd rather have something in a retractable tube, like a lipstick or chapstick, the formula for this balm is so nice, and the color is so pretty (I have both "delectable" and "succulent"), I can get past the jar and having to use my fingers.
This is a good choice for someone who wants a moisturizing balm with a bit of gloss and sheer (but still noticeable) color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I guess I'm just not a lip balm type of girl. The tub packaging drove me up the wall in disgust due to 1.) its unhygienic & 2.) its gross to have to apply with my fingers. On the other hand, I was please to find it was a glass jar and not some flimsy plastic container. The balm its self isn't very moisturizing, & the color isn't opaque. But it does give your lips shine, + lasting power. Last but not least - it smells absolutely delicious, slightly reminds me of vanilla. I would not repurchase. I'll stick to chapstick & Revlon Super Lustrous Lipgloss.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Super nice, slick gloss with a baked desert scent & taste. Gives wash of color that is nice on lips. Sturdy glass pot and plastic lid. Not quite worth the 10 bucks, but def a deal when on sale.

on 12/12/2009 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Just got this in Succulent. It was 75% off at Rite Aid so I figured why not? In the pot it looks like a gorgeous purple-y brown. On a positive note-it tastes & smells good. On me however,the color doesn't show up at all.

on 10/18/2009 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

really great lip balm. just that it's super expensive so wait until it's on sale. i love the way it's packaged! super cute!

on 9/27/2009 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I own three shades...can't recall the names now but it doesn't matter..i'd buy them all. They go on the perfect sheerness and perfect amount of shine. great for someone like me that likes to do a heavy eye instead of lip.

these products are all the lip balm i will ever buy ever ever aggain, besides the blistex/chapstick i need to put on before bed.they have a texture similar to vaseline, but with a sheer tint. some people have said that these are like a a glear gloss, and although i would not say the pigment is "high intensity," it IS there. the dark berry colors are surprisingly easy to pull off. its is kind of steeply priced for a d/s lipbalms, but compared to MAC tendertones/tlcs its very affordable.

Popular Lip Glosses