L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

I really enjoy this lip balm! I have the shades plush and delectable. These are truly nice lip balms, they texture is amazing! They are slightly glossy but not overly so, they also give the nicest hint of color on your lips! They are very sheer but i feel you can build it up slightly to get more color. I am really in love with this balm, they smell like cotton candy and are very moisturizing. The only downside about this product is the fact that there is no SPF! Considering this is my go-to summer lip product i would have liked there to be SPF but regardless this is an awsome product!

I pUrchased this on sale from walmart for $7.74 which is still not cheap it's normally $10. Anyway this lip balm is silky and hydrating. It leaves my lips soft. And it also gives the prettiest sheer wash of color. I have the color succulent and delectable. I really like this product...jar and all.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in 'Savory' as well as 'Luscious', which I have done a separate review on. Savory has a nice coral tone. Looks orange in the pot, but doesn't apply that way on my lips. It gives a slight pink tint and looks very natural. Pretty much will enhance you natural lip colour. Savory is sheer, so can be layered over lipsticks if you want. Would work for alot of different skintones. These were discounted as I believe they are now discontinued? But if they weren't I would definitely repurchase. Very moisturizing on the lips and not sticky at all. Great buy and similar in texture to Mac Tendertones.

My Ulta still sells these. I love the smell, it is a super light, sweet, vanilla/caramel scent. Tastes good too! They add a sheer wash of color. I got one in Succulent and it's a lot like Benetint, so I wear it over that everyday! I think for what they are, they are slightly pricey. But I can handle it.

on 11/20/2010 2:04:00 AM

i really love this lip balm. The smell is great, like cocoa butter. It feels smooth and moist, not sticky at all. i wear the color Plush. It looks like it's gonna be a little too 80s hot pink in the jar but it's actually a subtle pink flush, dewy, but not saturated gloss. My only complaint is thatbit doesn't last all that long so i go through a jar pretty quickly.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I really like the smell and look of this gloss, though I'm not really sure it can be considered a gloss. The only bad thing I have to say about it is that it's a bit too sticky for my liking, but I'd definitely purchase it again.

I am hooked! For life! I have the 420 Savory color which is a coral red in the little box and pretty bare on my lips!Which I like a lot! I never really liked lip balms to have a pigmentation.What I like with this jelly balm is the texture, not sticky and not gluey at all! It's legere and long lasting!
Taste wise it has none, just a vague creamy smell! Yet again another plus because I simply hate a strong scent in a lip balm/gloss/jelly. I nourishes also which is never a bad thing.Overall for the quasi in existent price I get only benefits! I simply can't name a single bad thing about this!
And considering that I ONLY use lip balms and lip glosses I am pretty satisfied with this and probably will last me for over one year!
I would highly recommend it!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

This product is... Perfect. It has a slight vanilla scent that I adore, and the packaging is black and glass and sleek. MAC comparable packaging. And the product itself... No. Shimmer. Whatsoever! Ugh, what a refreshing change from the glitter adorned glosses I see everywhere. It's really pigmented enough to color my lips really nicely but still sheer enough to make my lips look gorgeous, glossy, and moist. I don't mind the fact I have to dip my fingers to it, but I don't see the "balm" part of it except the feeling. It didn't moisturize my lips or anything but I apply balm before anyway. I have it in Ripe, a coral-red and Succulent, a gorgeous deep pink, and I love them both, either wearing alone or over any lipstick. Especially Ripe over a too-light accidental lipstick. It really gives it a special punch!

Ever since I laid my eyes upon L'oreal jelly balms I knew I'd be smitten forever. I looked for them high and low, but I could literally never find them. So one day out of the blue, I just found them. Oh my god. First off, these jelly balms smell of yummy caramel sweetness. Then the packaging resembles the MAC paint pots with glass bottoms and a black top. It looks very luxe and expensive. Pigmentation of these are lacking, but honestly thats not what I was looking for in these balms. I have Plush and Ripe. Plush is a beautiful, glossy everyday pink that goes with pretty much every look. Ripe is a lush looking coral-red color. The consistency of these glosses are thick and not sticky, they apply to the lips like a dream(with a lip brush, please don't be nasty by using your finger :x). It really is the same quality of a product you'd get at Sephora or MAC. Your lips feel nice and soft after these wear off which usually takes 3-4 hours on me. I love these balms. The only cons are availability and having to use a lip brush. If you come across these pick one up cause they might be discontinued. I hope not though because I've fallen head over heels for L'oreal jelly balms :) <3

on 9/18/2010 10:44:00 AM

LOVE this :) I got in 'Delectable' 320 and it's a really pretty red/pink-ish tone.. so cute! It is a bit more expensive than all the d/s glosses but you get what you pay for. Not five lippies cause I COULD go without it... but I don't think I'll ever want to! Love love loveeeee it