L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Dry age: 36-43
L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

on 9/11/2010 12:22:00 AM

These are expensive for drugstore glosses, but I love them. They smell like vanilla cake and taste sweet. They're thick and moisturizing, but not in a slippery, greasy way. Plush is a light Malibu Barbie pink which doesn't show up very well, against fair skin anyway; Ripe is sort of a coral that's fun in summer; Delicious is a true blue-red; and Succulent is just like Clinique's Black Honey.

I'm a little worried L'Oreal may be discontinuing them, though; they've suddenly vanished from our local Wal-Mart.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in Delectable because it was the only one left..it was marked down for $2.50 at WalGreens on clearance and I figured, I'd try it (I refused to buy it for full price which was a ridiculous $10!). Wow..I wish I hadn't waited so long! It smells like cotton candy and the color is deep pink/red but on my lips it is a lovely deep pink that makes my lips look (as other reviewers have said)--JUICY! This has no shimmer at all and it feels nice and slick on my lips not sticky at all, which is a good thing for me, because I hate sticky glosses. The only downside is the pot, you have to stick your finger in it. When you're out and there isn't a napkin around, then you have to figure out where you can wipe the extra gloss off your finger! lol Other than that, I wish I could find some other colors..I would stock up, since this is obviously discontinued.

on 12/11/2009 3:36:00 AM

I love this lipgloss so much, it is the only lipgloss I use now and I have nearly all the colors. Its sticky which doesn't bother me because it gives it a more lasting quality. Its fairly sheer but that suits a fair complexion like mine, I am not so sure any lipgloss should be too pigmented.

on 7/18/2009 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Found this at London Drugs on sale. Picked up Plush and holy crap! LOVE IT!! Great texture, great colour, great scent great scott I LOVE IT!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

These recently came to Canada and are currently only available in savory and plush. I picked up plush and would repurchase the product but only in a darker colour. This is a very pretty cool toned pink in the pot but delivers no colour payoff on my not very pigmented lips. The texture is nice, not greasy or sticky and quite thick. The finish is subtly shiney and quite pretty. The scent is a cloying strawberry and caramel, and I can feel it in the back of my throat, not my favorite aspect of this balm! I'm fairly happy with the purchase and will probably finish this over the summer, if nothing else than as an easy topper over lipstick.

on 4/21/2009 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I will start by saying that dont wear lip balm, i hate that sticky feel on my lips. But these looked cute so i decieded to get a few. I adore these balms. They taste great(not heavy on the fragrance) very light flavor. They feel wonderful on the lips, not at all sticky and they last for a few hours unlike most balms that i have used. And when they do wera off they leave a stain on the lips. I have all the colors and they are all very pretty and sheer. They also have allot of pigment, more then any balm or even some glosses that I have used. This is an amazing product. I have a few MAC tender tones and I swear that these are better.

on 4/15/2009 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have Luscious and Delectable, deep plum and bright red respectively. I'm not a big lipgloss girl, but on the reviews written here, tried these out. They are as written, moisturizing and shiny without being too sticky (which I hate). I owned the very first MAC Lipglass and although it gave the best gloss ever I think, I always hate how every fuzz and hair got stuck to it.

The Jelly Balm colors are very subtle, a tint really which I barely detect. I don't think they cost too much given their equivalents in MAC.

Having lived through a previous time of lipgloss, I wish this were around the first time. It's builds up to a good gloss without too much stick, and lasts a long time. If you use a lipbrush, you get that very shiny thick gloss look. continued >>