L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I was extremely impressed with the jelly balm! I am pretty much a label whore for everything except mascara but I have been trying out some ds lip gloss/sticks and i got this off allcosmeticswholesale.com because I live in alaska and my walmart prices are a little more than the regular lower 48 prices so no way in hell would i buy ds makeup full price at like walmart/target ...but all in all this is a really great product and im going to order a back up of it i like it so much.. just the right amount of pigment not overly shiny no glitter and it feels reallllyy great on my lips very moisturizing i was pleasantly surprised and very impressed! MAC WORTHY PACKAGING.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I got this on my new york holiday and I really like it. We do not sell this in the UK and as a fan of lip balms rather than glosses I knew I had to have it. I prefer balms because I hate that sticky feeling of lip gloss but this product is actually more like a lip gloss with the non-sticky smooth feeling of a blam. I chose the colour - Plush - 120 - which is a lush peachy pink colour that looks good on any skin colour.
It has a strong pigment and it does show up more a pink on the lips but it really does show upa nice colour not like general lip balsm which show up sheer. It is a jelly like colour and it has a sugary vanila scent which is a little sickly for me.. It sits nicely on the lips and is moisturising and looks very pretty and girly with no neeed for me to touch up with any lipstick like I normally would have to when I wear a lipbalm because I can never get any colour from a lip balm.
This is a great lip balm and probably more of a gloss but without becing overtly glossy or glioopy like lip glosses are. This is defo great for lip balm lovers who prefer a osft moisturising gloss as this gives a youthful more natural look to the lips. I love the girl peachy pink colour which has staying power for about an hour and then it fades without leaving any stain on the lips. I really like this and I hope they sell this in the UK. It is in a nice clear jar with a black lid and looks oh so very elegant in my makeup bag. Loreal have come up trumps with this lip balm...

on 5/31/2009 1:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

These are my favorite lip balms at the moment. I purchased Savory, Ripe and Luscious and I'm pretty pleased with each, and plan on buying more. Savory is my go-to everyday lip product, and I use it on its own or to condition my lips before applying lipstick. They have great color payoff for being a balm. With a little lip primer they stay on a long time. They are not sticky (like my C.O. Bigelow lip conditioners) and have a very subtle caramel flavor, not overwhelming as if I just ate a messy pastry and didn't clean my face. I prefer a balm with no menthol, as it burns chapped lips and makes them feel colder in the winter when lips are driest, so these are perfect. Another plus is the lack of shimmer/glitter. Glitter is my pet peeve. Many people have been comparing these to MAC Tendertones, which I don't own, so I can't say if they're a dupe.

Ripe was the first I bought and I was a bit surprised by the color. I was expecting more of a coral pink, but it's quite red. Oh well. It's still pretty. Luscious is a grape jelly color, and I like it quite a bit. It's definetly darker than the others, but not vampy, just a nice berry tone. Savory is a perfect nude peach. I ditched my MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Soothing Beige, and my Rosebud Salve (my recent go-to lip balm) for Savory.

I hope they come out with more colors. I'd grab a light lilac shade or a more browny nude tone in a heartbeat. The packaging is very sturdy, and I like it, although I use my finger to apply it and then have to find a place to clean my hand. Usually I rub my finger on the back of my hand and it disappears. Squeeze tubes are easier to use, but then the consistency would have to be runnier, not so soft and, well, jelly-like. I definitely recommend this product and will be buying more.

Edit: I just purchased Plush, the clean pastel pink shade, and Succulent, the medium berry pink. They're both lovely. I'm usually more of a nude lip person than a pink type, but these are quite nice for a girlier look. I like wearing lipstick, so when I reach for something like a balm I'm usually wanting a more natural, no makeup look, or I'm not wearing any makeup. I apply these lightly and get a nice pink stain. You can use it thicker and get more of a gloss effect and more color payoff as well, but that looks bizarre on me if I don't have the rest of my face made up. The only shade I lack now is the bright red, but I don't need it. So, again, I like these products a lot, and recommend them.

on 4/8/2009 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Ripe, a pinkish red. It's too bright on its own on my pigmented lips, but perfect when layered on top of a lipstick that's too beige or gray (and I have a ton of those).

Otherwise, the texture, finish, and taste are divine. I will definitely get Plush and Savory next. continued >>

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

i bought these in plush and succulent and am pretty pleased. they are pretty pigmented, for glosses, and have nice smells. :)

i hate the packaging though. i don't care for the container, i either have to use a brush(which makes this less portable, since i would then need to carry a brush around and potentially lose it) or use my finger, but i hate getting lip gloss on my finger. i would have given the product 5 lippies if it weren't for the packaging!

on 2/16/2009 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the 'savory' color which is a pretty, sheer, peachy-nude shade. I love the price (on sale at Target), color and texture of this balm/gloss (not too sticky, imo). What I don't love is the packaging - a pot where you're forced to stick your finger or brush in - and the AWFUL ingredients which reads like a 'don't' list from the gorgeously green website. And it's because of the ingredients that I won't be re-purchasing. If that doesn't bother you though, the sheer, beautiful and VERY wearable colors are fantastic.

Ingredients (from www.lorealparisusa.com): pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, bisdiglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, polybutene, C18-36 acid triglyceride, tridecyl trimellitate, silica dimethyl silylate, cera miscrocristalline, parfum/fragrance, allantoin, isopropylparaben, benzyl alcohol, isobutylparaben, butylparaben, bht, sodium saccharin, calcium sodium borosilicate, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica, polyethlene terephthalate, polymethyl methacrylate, tin oxide
may contain: CI 77891/titanium dioxide, CI 15850/red 7, CI 45410/red 28 lake, CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492/iron oxides, CI19140/yellow 5 lake, CI 45380/red 22 lake, CI 42090/blue 1 lake, CI 15985/yellow 6 lake, mica, CI 75470/carmine, FIL D29546/2

on 12/21/2008 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i have it in succulent, which is a very pretty berry. i like how it smells, and i use a brush to apply bc i dont like to get my fingers all messy. it doesnt stay for very long, but it's gloss so you cant expect it to. i like the HIP stuff, but i do think these are a little expensive!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

not very pigmented but nice and shiny with NO SHIMMER which is so rare to find. it lasts quite awhile for a gloss and doesnt get too sticky. i find the smell kinda sickly sweet, thats the worst part of it. the colors are very pretty, but i only picked up the darker colors because i doubt the light colors would show up at all. they are moisturizing, and wear well over lip stain which is exactly what i was looking for. not crazy about the pot, would prefer something a bit more sanitary, but they are going for the tendertone look i guess.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

I loved these so much I have three of them. They have a great texture, they feel very soft and really do soften your lips and add color. They also have a nice, sweet scent. My favorite is Plush.

on 7/29/2008 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

The jelly balm feels fabulous on my lips. It's a thick glossy conditioning balm (which I adore) and not sticky at all. As I viewed the shades online I originally planned on buying "Plush" but once I got to the drugstore it was a very bright pink (I already own MAC's Fafi ((she's a French graffiti artist,)) lipgloss named "totally it" which screams bright pink 80's so I needed to pass on that shade since I already own it. Also MAC's lipglosses I find to be very sticky.) So, I purchased the shade "Succulent" -- WOW, I'm glad I did (note: I didn't find it to be sheer as some of the other MUA reviewers stated but I may be adding a thicker amount.) This is a subtle fuchsia color that once applied it truly revealed a nice little pout, please realize I'm not a big believer in lip plumper's. This color compliments my pale skin and red hair. I found I do have to reapply at least 3-4 times a day, generally though only after drinking my hot drinks (green tea) or eating, which I am perfectly fine with since it is only a lip gloss/balm. Also, I normally skip tubs and won't even buy them cause I hate dipping my finger in color because I usually don't have anything to wipe my finger on, but I gave this one a go and I'm thrilled that I did...HERE IS THE "AH OH" BONUS FOR ME, you know it is named "HIP high intensity pigments jelly balm" well to my pleasant surprise this color (not sure about the other shades) but this color actually leaves a light stain on my lips. OMG...I'm always on the hunt (no, seriously) for lip stains and sadly always disappointed because they either dry out my lips or really don't stain that well. Say "Hello DAHLINGS" to my new HG lip source that I will use most of the time (especially for a daytime look) and honestly I can't see applying this over lipstick, so I will keep this separate when I wear lipstick. I still can't believe this balm conditions, provides a great color and a stain ::sigh:: Oh, I must mention the smell, it is truly minor, it disappears quickly after it's applied and after a view days of using it you don't notice it at all cause you're busy admiring your nice glossy lips instead. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

P.S. A lot of reviewers mention MAC's tendertones which I've never used since it's a bit pricey and I'm trying to condense my impulse spending. I said trying, right?