L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Other
L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

on 11/10/2010 11:07:00 PM

Love love love! I was so excited when I purchased this because where I live, they are not sold here. I bought two different colors, "Delectable" and "Ripe." I love them both. The formula is thick and a little bit sticky but that does not bother me. It stays on for a decent amount of time and adds a nice wash of color to your whole look. The packaging is so cute. It is a glass pot similar to MAC paint pots.

on 7/21/2010 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I really like these. In fact, I would go so far as to say Delectable is my HG drugstore gloss. And that is saying a lot because I rarely use anything from the drugstore. I picked up several of these recently for under $2.50 each. I got Ripe, Plush and Delectable. I can't say enough good things about Delectable. It is such a pretty deep pink fuschia color that is perfect with my neutral fair skintone. I can see myself wearing this color for any season, throughout the entire year.

I liked Ripe and Plush too, but mainly because of the scent/flavor. Ripe was a barely there orangey coral on me and Plush was just a very pale pink. I feel I get the "most bang for my buck" with Delectable because the color is noticeable but still subtle enough to wear everyday. The only real criticism I have is lasting power which isn't as long as my MAC lipglasses, thus the 4 lippies. I've bought mine at Target and Walgreens. If you can score some of these on clearance, you should try them!

on 7/10/2010 4:18:00 AM

The first HiP gloss I bought was Ripe on a BOGO. I loved this gloss but I wasn't going to buy it full price. Just bought 2 more on sale at walgreens for $2.49 each. Great buy but does this mean they are being discontinued? Delectable is a bright red but goes on sheer and glossy. Plush is a light pink and I haven't tried that on yet. I like using this gloss in the evening.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

I bought two of these on clearance for practically nothing; I definitely would not have paid full price for these. I don't love or hate them--they go on smooth and seem to last well. They're a little sticky but in a good way--not too tacky feeling. Overall, I may use these from time to time if they're all I have on hand, but I have too many lip products I really love to waste my time with these. They give no color and I was hoping for some kind of taste (it's not an offensive chemical tasting product, but a minty or fruity taste could have made these a lot more appealing).

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I have one in Delectable.It is a sheer red.It last awhile for a gloss,but I think that has to do with it being so sticky,which I don't mind because it doesn't feel"heavy".It is pricey for a drugstore gloss,but you get so much product and you only need a small amount that one would last forever and I love the glass pot it comes in!I I might buy Succulent because it looks like SUCH a pretty color for a gloss.

on 10/6/2009 3:15:00 PM

This product is OK. I thought that b/c it was HIP the color would be really intense, but then again, it is a balm and not a gloss. The consistency is really smooth and the taste/fragrance is barely noticeable, so no annoying gummy tastes here. I don't think I would but it for $9, so I am glad Ulta had it on sale for $4.49, which is the reason I tried it. It's ok, it's just a balm but I think it's good enough to keep in my bag and use for touch-ups during the day when I don't want a full-on 'I just put some gloss on in the office' look.

on 9/25/2009 10:34:00 PM

I've used this for a few months know, ran threw the "Succulent" one like nobody's business. Such a subtle natural sheen.

I planned on going to Walgreens to try the "Lucious" since they're offering $3 off, had to stop in Big Lots on the way, thank Heaven I did...they're doing a drugstore clearance and had at least 12 bins of cosmetics that CVS/RiteAid cleared out for 70% off retail. I don't believe in paying full price for D.S. brands, since so many of them offer BOGO deals, so easy to find if you scour the Sunday ads like I do.

The entire line of HIP Jelly Balms were available except for my beloved "Succulent" only paid $2.75 a piece and I bought six, hauled the "Lucious" one I've been dying to try.

FYI, the also had lots of other L'Oreal cosmetics being cleared out along with other drugstore brands.

If you haven't tried them

*I am reviewing Succulent*I have repurchased this too many times to count. This is my go to lip gloss for everyday. It is very moisturizing, provides a light gloss look with a raspberry stain. I combine this with the combination of lipstick and get the perfect lip look. Will continue to repurchase.

I really really like this product. I've heard that these are comparable to MAC Tendertones, and I don't really have a MAC close to me, so going to the drugstore is sorta my only option. I mean, there is a MAC about 30 min away, but why worry when I can go a half a mile to the drugstore. Plus, I've heard that Tendertone isn't out right now, it's LE...anyway...so I got this the other night. In the color: Plush. It is a really wearable light pink, at least that's how it looks like on my lips. So great! It's a perfect LOTD for light makeup days or just being at home. I wore it today because I wasn't going for a heavy makeup look, so it was perfect. These aren't really really sticky, but sorta just the right amount. I definately want to get more colors of these. I love the sleekness of the packaging, but personally...I wish it was sorta like a lipstick...like you know, packaged like a lipstick, that way I don't have to dip my finger in this, but other than that, great product! Recommended!

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in Plush 120. It looks like a bright bubblegum pink! It smells quite heavily of cotton candy. The texture feels quite gooey like melted marshmallows, but it doesn't dry sticky. My lips feel moisturized even after it wears off, not dried out at all.

It looks really pigmented in the pot, but it is actually quite sheer. There isn't much color to it if you apply it to your lips with no base. If you want it to show up the way I got it to, you have to get like a nude base on the lips. It comes in a glass jar with 4.5 g/0.159 oz. I probably would not pay full price for it, but I managed (after sales and coupons) to get this for $0.42.