L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 36-43
L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really love their new "HIP" line of products. These Jelly Balm lip glosses are excellent. The shade I bought is called "Lucious"...a gorgeous deep berry brown shade. It looks very dark in the pot, but It is very sheer when applied...not dark at all. This is the perfect shade for my very fair and ruddy skin tone, and I will purchase it again for sure. I gave this a rating of 4 instead of 5 because, like most lip gloss products, it does not stay on very long and needs to be re-applied often throughout the day. I do love the way it moisturizes your lips leaving them very soft and smooth. It also has a delicious caramel scent which I love.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my second favorite lip balm, first is Sonia Kashuk hydrating lip balm at Target. I don't like the pot much because of having to use fingers but the consistency and smell of this balm is awesome. A lot of balms are waxy and solid and this is just like a jelly...and non sticky. You can actually rub the remainder of the product into your skin like a lotion and it softens! Used thickly, you get lots of color, used sparingly, a nice balmy softness with a hint of color. It has so-so staying power. Nice product for a change of pace if you're tired of glosses. I like the jelly balms way more than MAC tendertones.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in Delectable because it was the only one left..it was marked down for $2.50 at WalGreens on clearance and I figured, I'd try it (I refused to buy it for full price which was a ridiculous $10!). Wow..I wish I hadn't waited so long! It smells like cotton candy and the color is deep pink/red but on my lips it is a lovely deep pink that makes my lips look (as other reviewers have said)--JUICY! This has no shimmer at all and it feels nice and slick on my lips not sticky at all, which is a good thing for me, because I hate sticky glosses. The only downside is the pot, you have to stick your finger in it. When you're out and there isn't a napkin around, then you have to figure out where you can wipe the extra gloss off your finger! lol Other than that, I wish I could find some other colors..I would stock up, since this is obviously discontinued.

PROS: I bought ripe (a coral color) and a more red color. The red is nice for not too red. I love the coral (ripe) though. The smell is good. Pretty reasonable price.

CONS: A bit sticky. (That's probably what makes it last.) The colors are NOT as intense as they appear in the jar. Some won't like that it's in a pot.

*****I've heard rumors here that this is being discontinued (boo) and now I've seen them on clearance everywhere. I hope not, but if so, I'll stick with L'Oreal and Revlon glosses.*****

on 12/11/2009 3:36:00 AM

I love this lipgloss so much, it is the only lipgloss I use now and I have nearly all the colors. Its sticky which doesn't bother me because it gives it a more lasting quality. Its fairly sheer but that suits a fair complexion like mine, I am not so sure any lipgloss should be too pigmented.

on 7/18/2009 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Found this at London Drugs on sale. Picked up Plush and holy crap! LOVE IT!! Great texture, great colour, great scent great scott I LOVE IT!

on 5/1/2009 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have 2 of these, in Succulent (deep majenta) and Ripe (reddish pink). They are indeed very similiar to MAC tendertones, and also Stila's lip pots. I would say that the jelly balms are less sticky than Tendertones and slightly more pigmented. However, the jelly balms do not have SPF so I took 1 lippie off for that. I think the quality of these is very comparable to both the MAC and Stila products however for about 1/2 the price. If they come out with more deep shades, and especially if they add some with SPF, I would repurchase. Between the 2 Ripe is my favorite as it shows up a bit more on my pigmented lips. A nice MLBB color on me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

These recently came to Canada and are currently only available in savory and plush. I picked up plush and would repurchase the product but only in a darker colour. This is a very pretty cool toned pink in the pot but delivers no colour payoff on my not very pigmented lips. The texture is nice, not greasy or sticky and quite thick. The finish is subtly shiney and quite pretty. The scent is a cloying strawberry and caramel, and I can feel it in the back of my throat, not my favorite aspect of this balm! I'm fairly happy with the purchase and will probably finish this over the summer, if nothing else than as an easy topper over lipstick.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

not very pigmented but nice and shiny with NO SHIMMER which is so rare to find. it lasts quite awhile for a gloss and doesnt get too sticky. i find the smell kinda sickly sweet, thats the worst part of it. the colors are very pretty, but i only picked up the darker colors because i doubt the light colors would show up at all. they are moisturizing, and wear well over lip stain which is exactly what i was looking for. not crazy about the pot, would prefer something a bit more sanitary, but they are going for the tendertone look i guess.

Absolutely lovely product. I was looking for a weekend or casual day gloss, one that gives a hint of color rather than packing shimmer or more opaque coverage. If sheer color is what you want, you'll love this. I bought Ripe and the cherry-red one (forget that one's name). Ripe is not very pigmented, but you can definitely see a tint of color when it's on my lips. But the cherry red--that's a different story altogether. It offers gorgeous sheer color that shows your lips' natural texture, and wears down to a seriously vivid cherry stain. These feel like a cushy balm instead of a gloss, and the normal HIP burnt-marshmallow fragrance, which imo is overwhelming in the regular glosses, is more toned-down here. I don't mind sticking my own clean fingers in the pot to apply, so no lippies off for that on this review!