L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

on 10/25/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

So I loved the color and honestly the staying power is awesome, but then you run into stickyness. I hate sticky balms, this is more of a personal preference and I did not find that it helped chapped lips in anyway.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I was super-duper excited to pick these up! My nearest Target store (I adore Target!) didn't have these so I drove to the family-owned drugstore down the block to pick these up.
Price: Differs from store-to-store (as most druggie finds). I bought this from a little drugstore for around it's normal internet-retail price. Loreal products do tend to be more expensive than other drugstore brands, such as Maybelline.
Packaging: This lip tint looks a lot like the MAC's Tinted Lip Conditioner because it has a similar pot idea except it's smaller. The pot is heavy with a glass screw-on top. The lip jelly sits in the center and is applied with either your fingers or a brush. Some people find that this packaging is unsanitary because they have to use their own fingers instead of an applicator (like the doe foot) but I'm fine with this.
Consistency and Application: The one thing I wasn't so keen on with this product (and the reason why it lost a lippy) is because of it's weird consistency/texture. First of all, this is way different than a lip gloss. It's a lot thicker and harder and plenty sticky. It is moisturizing but it's texture and hardness changes on the room temperature; weird, I know! This has to be kept somewhat warm or else it will be too hard and stiff to apply evenly.
Color: Their color selection is very limited; I believe that there is only 4 colors, all of them being somewhat nude. There is no shimmer or intense gloss, but a creamy sort of sheen that looks very natural and wearable. I own these in Plush (a light hot pink which shows up almost translucent and is the same color as my lips) and Succulent (a berry color which comes up a light red-purple.)
Conclusion: I really liked how unique this product is. If you can't avoid the larger and more high-end MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner, you can find these at almost any drugstore. Colors are limited but it probably doesn't matter anyway because they are all very sheer. I love these for layering or for everyday wear because they aren't too bright but do offer good moisture. Just remember to wash your hands before you stick a finger in that little pot! :)

on 8/14/2011 9:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have this in Luscious and Savory. Found both shades at the 99 Cent Store, so obviously, I bought them! Luscious doesn't really work on my fair skin. It looks a little brown and funky.
I'm sort of an all or nothing girl, so when I'm not wearing lipstick, I prefer to just have on some Burt's Bees or a clear plumping gloss, so I don't wear Savory on it's own. BUT when I'm wearing a matte coral or orange-red lipstick, and want a juicy, glossy, but not glittery finish, I put Savory over it, and it looks beautiful! Perhaps I'll try Luscios over a deep red and see how it works.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was lucky enough to find this jelly balm that I have be looking for! I got it for half the original price which was $9. They only had two different shades left and I chose Plush. This shade is a moisturizing, hot pink and makes my lips feel good. But, after thirty minutes, it dries out and I am no longer moisturized on the lips. I will not buy this again considering it is going to be discontinued.

I really enjoy this lip balm! I have the shades plush and delectable. These are truly nice lip balms, they texture is amazing! They are slightly glossy but not overly so, they also give the nicest hint of color on your lips! They are very sheer but i feel you can build it up slightly to get more color. I am really in love with this balm, they smell like cotton candy and are very moisturizing. The only downside about this product is the fact that there is no SPF! Considering this is my go-to summer lip product i would have liked there to be SPF but regardless this is an awsome product!

on 5/21/2011 3:46:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bought the color "Succulent" 520......I love the texture, the look, and the color of the product. It is shiny, but not overtly so. It does have nice pigmentation, just a shade darker than my natural lip color. The smell and taste of it is nice. It comes in a cute glass pot. The cons: it doesn't seem to last very long, I had to reapply frequently. Not a whole lot comes in a pot, only 0.159oz. I don't forsee this lasting a really long time. I got it on sale for about $5 (after a coupon) and I would purchase this product again, if it was on sale again. I would NOT pay full price (around $10). I heard this was being DC'ed? I hope not, it really is a nice balm.

EDITED 5/22~~~ Went back and bought "Plush" !!! I love it, too!!

My Ulta still sells these. I love the smell, it is a super light, sweet, vanilla/caramel scent. Tastes good too! They add a sheer wash of color. I got one in Succulent and it's a lot like Benetint, so I wear it over that everyday! I think for what they are, they are slightly pricey. But I can handle it.

on 10/7/2010 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I can't quite articulate why, but this is my favorite lip balm to throw in my carry-on bag for airplane trips. I have tons of lip balms, lots of which would be more convenient for travel, but this is the one I like. I think because at the end of a long plane ride, it smells delicious, moisturizes my lips and also makes them look nice. Right now I like Savory, a peachy color, because it goes with whatever makeup I have on. But Plush, a pink, is nice, too.

I generally prefer lip balms that you don't have to stick your finger in to, but this packaging is elegant and makes the product seem more expensive than it is. I keep an eye out for when these are marked down and stock up.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Picked this up in Succulent, and I couldn't be happier. On me, it shows up as a soft, natural pink (with maybe a hint of mauve.) It definitely falls into the famed "my lips but better" category for me. It is non-sticky and has a subtle, vanilla smell (nothing too perfume-y.) The little glass jar it comes in is cute, too. Love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really love their new "HIP" line of products. These Jelly Balm lip glosses are excellent. The shade I bought is called "Lucious"...a gorgeous deep berry brown shade. It looks very dark in the pot, but It is very sheer when applied...not dark at all. This is the perfect shade for my very fair and ruddy skin tone, and I will purchase it again for sure. I gave this a rating of 4 instead of 5 because, like most lip gloss products, it does not stay on very long and needs to be re-applied often throughout the day. I do love the way it moisturizes your lips leaving them very soft and smooth. It also has a delicious caramel scent which I love.