L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Other
L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This is a GREAT porduct. They just started selling this product in Canada. But apprently is is actually discontinued in the States. Thats to bad. But this has a great light sweet, vanilla scent, and gives a nice sheer wash of colour, and is super moisturizing. I have in the colour Ripe, which gives you a very, very sheer redish pink tint. Love it. I am just not a fan of the price. 12.50 here, I did get my on sale for 6.25. But overall a great product.

on 12/2/2010 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Pro's: Smells delicious! Nice tint of color. Leaves a slighty glossy finish to my lips. It's in a smal container! Most people don't like it, but I love small tins like this. Also, last a fairly long time, (2-3 hours)
Cons: Pretty expensive, and you don't get much product.

Overall, I love this product. I have it in plush 120. The only reason I got it is because I saw that it was a dupe for MAC's "pink fish" from their hello kitty collection. I wouldn't pay 8.99 for this though, I think 4.99 is a better price...

update: WHY IS THIS DISCONTINUED?!!? D:

on 11/10/2010 11:07:00 PM

Love love love! I was so excited when I purchased this because where I live, they are not sold here. I bought two different colors, "Delectable" and "Ripe." I love them both. The formula is thick and a little bit sticky but that does not bother me. It stays on for a decent amount of time and adds a nice wash of color to your whole look. The packaging is so cute. It is a glass pot similar to MAC paint pots.

on 7/10/2010 4:18:00 AM

The first HiP gloss I bought was Ripe on a BOGO. I loved this gloss but I wasn't going to buy it full price. Just bought 2 more on sale at walgreens for $2.49 each. Great buy but does this mean they are being discontinued? Delectable is a bright red but goes on sheer and glossy. Plush is a light pink and I haven't tried that on yet. I like using this gloss in the evening.

on 12/12/2009 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Just got this in Succulent. It was 75% off at Rite Aid so I figured why not? In the pot it looks like a gorgeous purple-y brown. On a positive note-it tastes & smells good. On me however,the color doesn't show up at all.

on 10/6/2009 3:15:00 PM

This product is OK. I thought that b/c it was HIP the color would be really intense, but then again, it is a balm and not a gloss. The consistency is really smooth and the taste/fragrance is barely noticeable, so no annoying gummy tastes here. I don't think I would but it for $9, so I am glad Ulta had it on sale for $4.49, which is the reason I tried it. It's ok, it's just a balm but I think it's good enough to keep in my bag and use for touch-ups during the day when I don't want a full-on 'I just put some gloss on in the office' look.

on 9/25/2009 10:34:00 PM

I've used this for a few months know, ran threw the "Succulent" one like nobody's business. Such a subtle natural sheen.

I planned on going to Walgreens to try the "Lucious" since they're offering $3 off, had to stop in Big Lots on the way, thank Heaven I did...they're doing a drugstore clearance and had at least 12 bins of cosmetics that CVS/RiteAid cleared out for 70% off retail. I don't believe in paying full price for D.S. brands, since so many of them offer BOGO deals, so easy to find if you scour the Sunday ads like I do.

The entire line of HIP Jelly Balms were available except for my beloved "Succulent" only paid $2.75 a piece and I bought six, hauled the "Lucious" one I've been dying to try.

FYI, the also had lots of other L'Oreal cosmetics being cleared out along with other drugstore brands.

If you haven't tried them

*I am reviewing Succulent*I have repurchased this too many times to count. This is my go to lip gloss for everyday. It is very moisturizing, provides a light gloss look with a raspberry stain. I combine this with the combination of lipstick and get the perfect lip look. Will continue to repurchase.

I really really like this product. I've heard that these are comparable to MAC Tendertones, and I don't really have a MAC close to me, so going to the drugstore is sorta my only option. I mean, there is a MAC about 30 min away, but why worry when I can go a half a mile to the drugstore. Plus, I've heard that Tendertone isn't out right now, it's LE...anyway...so I got this the other night. In the color: Plush. It is a really wearable light pink, at least that's how it looks like on my lips. So great! It's a perfect LOTD for light makeup days or just being at home. I wore it today because I wasn't going for a heavy makeup look, so it was perfect. These aren't really really sticky, but sorta just the right amount. I definately want to get more colors of these. I love the sleekness of the packaging, but personally...I wish it was sorta like a lipstick...like you know, packaged like a lipstick, that way I don't have to dip my finger in this, but other than that, great product! Recommended!

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

I have one of these in every color. My favorites are Savory, Delectable, and Ripe. The others I could pretty much take or leave. They all give me a nice sheer wash of color, which is exactly what I was looking for. They feel nice on, not sticky, and keep my lips moisturized for around four hours or so, so i'm not constantly needing to reapply. Also, you can make the color darker by applying more. A little pricy & they come in little glass tubs, which are cute, but maybe a bit inconvenient sometimes. Still, I love these enough that I will gladly deal. I don't care to drop a couple in my purse & take along, though, because the glass gives them a little bit of weight, and my bag is already heavy enough. Still, I'll buy them as long as they keep making them, which I hope is a while. I love them, to be quite honest.