L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Discontinued....ah I love when they discontinue perfectly good products. Because then I can buy them on sale at Ocean State Job Lot for only 1.50 a pot! I picked up 2 to try them out (Delectable & Luscious) and they are great! Kissable too might I add ;) Totally going to have to snag a few more since they are dirt cheap right now!

on 9/16/2011 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These balm-glosses are absolutely amazing! I came across these two months ago at my local drugstore and they were on sale, so I picked up three colors: Ripe, Delectable and Succulent. The scent is the most delicious scent ever, but it doesn't really last and there isn't any discernible taste. What I love the most is that they are as moisturizing as a balm, but as shiny and long-lasting as a sticky gloss (i.e. MAC clear lipglass). The only color I didn't get was the bubblegum pink one as I read on MUA that it wasn't pigmented at all, and since I have barely pigmented lips, I wanted something that can give me some extra color. My favorite out of them all is Ripe, which turns into a peachy pink tint on my lips and goes well with the warm neutral look that I prefer for everyday. It's a shame that they are getting discontinued! The only con I can think of, even thought it doesn't really bother me, is that the packaging sucks. I find the glass base to look really awkward and the lid is rather cheap. You don't get a lot of product inside, but I find that since it is longer lasting that your average lipbalm, which means that you need to apply less, not having too much product means that it's not going to expire before you can finish it. Overall, I like it a lot, and I wish they can bring them back into a permanent collection.

I LOVE this product. I have it in 2 colors, Ripe & Succulent. Ripe is an orange-ish red. It moisturizes my lips so well! I also have the color succulent which is a sheer plum. I prefer Ripe. Any who, I LOVE THEM !

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really wanted a pink lip color that would moisturize my lips and this is it!

Pigment ~ My lips are pigmented so it's difficult for lip gloss colors to show up on my lips. When I tried plush on for the first time, I was disappointed because it looked like I put on clear chapstick. I decided to give it another shot. I applied a thin layer of the lip jelly, covering all of my lips. Afterwards, a thicker layer on top and bam! I got wonderful pink lips! The isn't the exact bubblegum pink from the jar (I'd never expect that) but it's still a cute, medium pink wash on my lips! (I'm a light-medium skinned Asian for reference)

Smell ~ I've read reviews where people say this product smells amazing. I have to agree. Even though I'm more of a fruity scent girl, I still find this smell pleasant. To me, it's a sweet vanilla kind of scent. Anyways, the smell isn't lingering so once on lips, I can't smell the product anymore.

Texture ~ It's pretty thick. Well, at least the way I have the jelly applied, two layers for pigment payoff. Don't expect this to feel like a "wet lip gloss." I'm personally not really bothered by the thick consistency and having the feeling that I have something on my lips.

Staying Power ~ Because of the thick consistency, the staying power is pretty good. I never expect glossy lip products to last long. I just reapply when I go to the bathroom.

Packaging ~ Okay, when I've just applied lotion to my hands, it's difficult to open the container so that can inconvenient. But once my hands are dry (like no more lotiony feel), no problemo. I also am not bothered by the "unsanitary" design of the container even though I have long nails. At home, I use a cotton bud and in public, I reapply after I've washed my hands in the bathroom.

Price ~ I'm cheap and don't like spending that much money. I was hesitant on buying this lip jelly seeing the $8 and something cents price tag, but it was soo worth it. This product was everything I was looking for! I will definitely purchase this lip product again unless I run across something even better beforehand!!

on 7/11/2011 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, how I love everything that is either going to be discontinued or already is discontinued...

I own three of the HIP Jelly Lip Balms, and I like the shades of all of them. Plush is my favorite, Ripe is second and Delectable is third. Plush is a pretty pink, which gives my lips a little lift not too much. I usually wear this one at bed time, because my DH is allergic to almost every type of lip balm on the market. My nails are short, so I don't mind using my finger to apply the lip balm at bedtime.

Ripe is a nice, subtle melon shade, and I typically use this one with a lip pencil. It's a nice shade for running errands, and it works perfectly with my fair, yellow-orange skin tone. Delectable is slighter darker than Ripe, and it's a nice, soft red, which gives your lips the look of licking a cherry popsicle. You can layer both Ripe and Delectable over a nude lipstick for a subtle look.

Overall, the glosses are fairly pigmented, and they last on my lips for about 1.5 hours at the most. Three lippies on the packaging, because you have to stick your finger in the container ~ my preference is to use a lip brush. This product has always been way too expensive at full price for a lip gloss. I can never seem to find them at my nearest drugstore at a great price, so I usually order them from drugstore.com @ BOGO 50%.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have this in 'Savory' as well as 'Luscious', which I have done a separate review on. Savory has a nice coral tone. Looks orange in the pot, but doesn't apply that way on my lips. It gives a slight pink tint and looks very natural. Pretty much will enhance you natural lip colour. Savory is sheer, so can be layered over lipsticks if you want. Would work for alot of different skintones. These were discounted as I believe they are now discontinued? But if they weren't I would definitely repurchase. Very moisturizing on the lips and not sticky at all. Great buy and similar in texture to Mac Tendertones.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is a great buy! I'm so sad that it's discontinued. I like applying this with a portable lip brush to keep the product and my hands clean.

On my lips, the Jelly Balm is really smooth, moisturizing, and comfortable. It also smells amazing. The colors look bright in the packaging but you can achieve a range of coverages from sheer to light.

I own this in Ripe and Plush. Ripe is a bright reddish coral, and Plush is an equally bright bubble-gum pink. I love both, depending on what look I want.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this balm!!! I have the colors Plush Savory and Luscious and i love all 3 of them because they are highly pigmented and at the same time they look so natural it gives you a porcelain doll lips!! They also have a nice scent to it and the texture is just awesome!!

on 11/13/2010 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This lip balm is amazing... i have it in succulent, plush, and ripe i love all of them but my favorite hands down is plush. It gives the perfect flush of pink and isn't too glossy. it makes your lips look amazing, the texture is smooth (a little stickier than MACs tinted lip conditioner) I bought two of them at target for about 7 to 8 dollars but the cheapest i've found it for is from allcosmeticswholesale and i believe it was about 4 dollars. the only downside to me at least is the fact that it is in a jar (i don't like using my fingers to apply lip products...but it is still worth it)

on 11/10/2010 11:07:00 PM

Love love love! I was so excited when I purchased this because where I live, they are not sold here. I bought two different colors, "Delectable" and "Ripe." I love them both. The formula is thick and a little bit sticky but that does not bother me. It stays on for a decent amount of time and adds a nice wash of color to your whole look. The packaging is so cute. It is a glass pot similar to MAC paint pots.