L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal Paris HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this for my daughter 3 months ago, and I know why she gave it to me speechless! She used it only 2 times, then gave it to. I am not a whole "lipgloss fan", but I thought of trying it out, bad or good? I don't know. I went to work with it, and I had to reapply it 5 times, to get a good colour out of mine! Then after work, I wondered why my cell phone was so sticky, that was because the bottle cracked and got all over my bag! I had to buy a new bag, cell phone, contacts book, water bottle, and new makeup bag for my "on the go" stuff. DO NOT GET! I just had to throw the whole thing in the garbage!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this lip balm, it is a little sticky but it's not a big deal to me. You do have to use your fingers because the product doesn't go on well if you use a lip brush, so if you don't like using you fingers then you probably shouldn't get this. It comes with a lot of product and last a long time. It gives your lips a nice glow and lasts a long time

UPDATE!: After having the product for awhile, i decided to change this to 1 star, the product is extremely sticky, and doesn't moisturize moisturize your lips. DON'T buy this product.

on 3/20/2009 10:45:00 PM

I am really sad that this product stinks. I really wanted to like it, because it looked cute and everyone else seems to love these jelly balms. I bought it in Ripe. My major complaints: 1.) has no color whatsoever, so I'm not sure why these are marketed under the HIP (HIGH INTENSITY PIGMENTED they are not!). L'Oreal should have marketed these under their regular line. 2.) This one smelled and tasted gross, like sugar or an Easter Peep. If this is what everyone smells so good about these, then everyone has a weird idea of what smells/tastes good. 3.) Worst point: Dried out my lips like no one's business! They were tight, dry and puckered when this crap wore off. I will never buy this balm again (but I'll keep buying the HIP eye products; those rock).

on 10/25/2012 7:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

So I loved the color and honestly the staying power is awesome, but then you run into stickyness. I hate sticky balms, this is more of a personal preference and I did not find that it helped chapped lips in anyway.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this in Plush, a light baby pink, and I love how well it moisturized my lips.It comes in a jar that you would have to use a lip brush or your finger with. The only thing I didn't like was how sheer it was. It is called HIP (High Intensity Pigment) and I felt like it was just another sheer pink lip gloss.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Where the heck is the "high intensity pigment" on this balm?! I am a tinted lip balm lover but this barely has any pigmentation, even when swatched on my hand! I got the color Ripe but it hardly shows any color. I had to put like 5-6 layers for just a little color to show up and it feels like a gooey mess on my lips for just very little color. Disappointed with this. I guess I should just stick with MAC TLC. I am giving it 2 lippies anyway - 1 for the caramel scent and another one for the packaging.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The packaging is super cute and thats the main reason i wanted to try plus the ad. girls lips looked cute w/ this gloss on so i bought em. i got 2, a light pink one and a light orange one but i cant member the names, anyways they weren't the best. They are really thick and slightly sticky and the staying power sucks so you have to reapply a lot. Also i think the packaging is unsanitary cuz your have you use your finger to put it on, so make sure you have clean hands when putting it on, but! you should always have clean hands before touching your face anyways lol!

on 12/12/2009 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Just got this in Succulent. It was 75% off at Rite Aid so I figured why not? In the pot it looks like a gorgeous purple-y brown. On a positive note-it tastes & smells good. On me however,the color doesn't show up at all.

on 5/1/2009 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I bought this lip gloss this afternoon after reading the reviews on here.
It seems like it would be a good product but I did not like it at all.
It is rather sticky and after a while the "glossy" looks goes away and I am left with a semi sticky feeling upon my lips.

I bought the one called Plush and I am assuming that my lips are the same color as Plush because there was no coloring on my lips.

I bought this for $8.99 ... I assumed I had a coupon for a couple of bucks off but I could not find it in my purse. Needless to say I just threw away $$$ ... I could have used that money for a movie tonight.

I was diappointed in this product. I will simply stick with apply a small amount of vaseline on my lips. Vaseline always keeps my lips looking nice. I have been asked many a times about what sort of gloss I am wearing ... and its not even gloss its just Vaseline.

I will be placing this Plush up for swap - again very disappointed.

on 3/5/2009 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

HMM K...SO I SAW MANY REVIEWS ON YOUTUBE ABOUT THIS JELLYBALM AND I WAS REALLY XCITED ABOUT GETTING IT. I GOT IT IN PLUSH, THE LIGHTEST COLOR...AND WELL ITS OKAY! NOT THE BEST, I'VE TRIED WAY BETTER LIP BALMS. ITS KINDA STICKY BUT IDK IF IT THE COLOR OF MY LIPS BUT IT KINDA GOES ON CLEAR FOR ME. IT SMELLS REALLY GOOD THOUGH AND THE PACKAGING IS SUPPER CUTE! BUT I WOULDNT BUY IT AGAIN. AND I SAW THE SUCCULENT COLOR ON YOUTUBE AND IT LOOKED SO PRETTY ON! BUT I DONT WANNA GET IT. I GOT MY JELLY BALM FOR FREE SINCE IT WAS BUY ONE GET ONE FREE SO I DONT REGRET IT OF COURSE LOL.