L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 44-55
L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

on 7/11/2011 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, how I love everything that is either going to be discontinued or already is discontinued...

I own three of the HIP Jelly Lip Balms, and I like the shades of all of them. Plush is my favorite, Ripe is second and Delectable is third. Plush is a pretty pink, which gives my lips a little lift not too much. I usually wear this one at bed time, because my DH is allergic to almost every type of lip balm on the market. My nails are short, so I don't mind using my finger to apply the lip balm at bedtime.

Ripe is a nice, subtle melon shade, and I typically use this one with a lip pencil. It's a nice shade for running errands, and it works perfectly with my fair, yellow-orange skin tone. Delectable is slighter darker than Ripe, and it's a nice, soft red, which gives your lips the look of licking a cherry popsicle. You can layer both Ripe and Delectable over a nude lipstick for a subtle look.

Overall, the glosses are fairly pigmented, and they last on my lips for about 1.5 hours at the most. Three lippies on the packaging, because you have to stick your finger in the container ~ my preference is to use a lip brush. This product has always been way too expensive at full price for a lip gloss. I can never seem to find them at my nearest drugstore at a great price, so I usually order them from drugstore.com @ BOGO 50%.

on 7/10/2010 4:18:00 AM

The first HiP gloss I bought was Ripe on a BOGO. I loved this gloss but I wasn't going to buy it full price. Just bought 2 more on sale at walgreens for $2.49 each. Great buy but does this mean they are being discontinued? Delectable is a bright red but goes on sheer and glossy. Plush is a light pink and I haven't tried that on yet. I like using this gloss in the evening.

on 1/29/2010 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Bought 2 of these on a whim at a discount store and I really like them (I have Plush and Succulent).

They won't cure chapped lips but will help prevent chapping, they provide just enough color, and they even seem to plump my lips a bit. The smell is great and they aren't too sticky, which is one reason I usually don't like lip gloss.

My only complaint is that they don't last very long.

Overall I'm very pleased with them.

on 2/18/2009 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I absolutely LOVE the H.I.P. line from L'Oreal. The pigments are always so rich and beautiful.

For this particular item, I have three colors: delectable (a sheer soft red), savory (peachy color), and succulent (mauvey color). The little glass pot are so cute, with a yummy scent and flavor, sort of like cotton candy. I suppose you could use a lip brush, but I like to use my finger to apply. Gives just the right amount of shine and color and seems to last a decent amount of time. Very moisturizing.

on 9/25/2008 7:44:00 PM

Just bought this product today @ a BOGO. I bought Delectable and Lucious. I love, love, love this gloss!!!! Not too tacky; right amount of "slip"; love the stained color and the shine is to die for! Great staying power too. (Like other reviewers, my only complaint is that it is in a pot.) I think I may go back and get two more before the sale ends!!!!

There are days when I just don't feel like dealing with lip color -- balm, concealer, powder, liner, stick, gloss ... it looks great, but it's a lot of time and effort. But on those days when I'm feeling lazy, I still like a finished look, and I don't find most glosses fit the bill. This Jelly Balm didn't seem particularly promising in the jar -- I hate finger application, and I could tell the colors looked very sheer. But I had a coupon, and a sale ... I bought Succulent. I have to say I *really* like this. So much so that I will likely buy more colors, though the selection needs some work, I think. It *is* sheer color, but it's also a bit of a stain, and the color wears well. It's sticky, but not thick. A really nice product, and I have been wearing it alone for the most part, which is very unusual for me to find a gloss I feel comfortable wearing without under color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I *finally* found these at the ULTA. I looked in every CVS is my area and could not find these at all. So I paid $8.99 for the one I picked up in RIPE. I am not generally a lip balm type of gal but these are really great lip balms. They are very moisturizing and not overly greasy on the lip and the have a very light sweet taste to them and yes, I do smell that very lovely caramel smell everyone else does. The Ripe shade is a bit offputting. It is a startling orangey/pink in the jar and your wondering if your lips will look neon. They DO NOT! This definitely falls into the YLBB range of products. Just very natural and kissable. Think of the line in the Meatloaf song "You took the Words Right out of my Mouth". "You were licking your lips and your lipstick (balm in this case) shining, I was dying just to ask for a taste".
This is what this lip balm will do!!!!!!!!!!!

on 8/12/2008 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Love these!! Got them in Plush (a soft baby pink), Ripe (bright warm pink), Delectable (juicy apple red) and Luscious (a deeper plum berry). The texture is amazing, smooth and moisturizing., and even a wee bit sticky for some staying power. The taste and smell are also amazing; Caramel vanilla, hmmm. Plush and Ripe offer very little color, just a tinge. Delectable and Luscious, however, offer that just ate a popsicle look (Delectable, a cherry one and Luscious, a grape one), with great shine. I really, really, love these!! So comfortable and pleasant to wear. I'm not a big fan of the pot gloss, but am more that willing to carry these little lovelies around for the awesome yumminess they provide, even if I do have to carry a lip brush.

on 6/25/2008 12:24:00 AM

I got this in Succulent. On me it's not a plummy color, it's more of a bright rose gloss. The color can be built up, it doesn't have a scent, leaves a nice stain on lips. Almost sticky. I hate the pot. I prefer glosses with applicators. Getting gloss under fingernails is annoying.Overpriced for a drugstore brand.