L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by age: 36-43
L'Oreal HIP Jelly Balm   [DISCONTINUED]

4.4

Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bisdiglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polybutene, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Silica, Dimethyl Silylate, Microcrystalline Wax, Fragrance, Allantoin, Isopropylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, BHT, Sodium Saccharin, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tin Oxide. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Red 7, Red 28 Lake, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5 Lake, Red 22 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Mica, Carmine.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Okay.
so after seeing youtube reviews on these,i decided to buy me one.
I went to target and got this shade because people complain that the lighter colors dont show up.
So i got this dark ugly color,got home tried it,&& was surprised that it showed up a very rosy pink plumy color,(not sheer)
LOVE.
I use it everyday!
This will honestly go good with any skintone!
Very familiar to the mac ones.

on 9/11/2010 12:22:00 AM

These are expensive for drugstore glosses, but I love them. They smell like vanilla cake and taste sweet. They're thick and moisturizing, but not in a slippery, greasy way. Plush is a light Malibu Barbie pink which doesn't show up very well, against fair skin anyway; Ripe is sort of a coral that's fun in summer; Delicious is a true blue-red; and Succulent is just like Clinique's Black Honey.

I'm a little worried L'Oreal may be discontinuing them, though; they've suddenly vanished from our local Wal-Mart.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really love their new "HIP" line of products. These Jelly Balm lip glosses are excellent. The shade I bought is called "Lucious"...a gorgeous deep berry brown shade. It looks very dark in the pot, but It is very sheer when applied...not dark at all. This is the perfect shade for my very fair and ruddy skin tone, and I will purchase it again for sure. I gave this a rating of 4 instead of 5 because, like most lip gloss products, it does not stay on very long and needs to be re-applied often throughout the day. I do love the way it moisturizes your lips leaving them very soft and smooth. It also has a delicious caramel scent which I love.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is my second favorite lip balm, first is Sonia Kashuk hydrating lip balm at Target. I don't like the pot much because of having to use fingers but the consistency and smell of this balm is awesome. A lot of balms are waxy and solid and this is just like a jelly...and non sticky. You can actually rub the remainder of the product into your skin like a lotion and it softens! Used thickly, you get lots of color, used sparingly, a nice balmy softness with a hint of color. It has so-so staying power. Nice product for a change of pace if you're tired of glosses. I like the jelly balms way more than MAC tendertones.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this in Delectable because it was the only one left..it was marked down for $2.50 at WalGreens on clearance and I figured, I'd try it (I refused to buy it for full price which was a ridiculous $10!). Wow..I wish I hadn't waited so long! It smells like cotton candy and the color is deep pink/red but on my lips it is a lovely deep pink that makes my lips look (as other reviewers have said)--JUICY! This has no shimmer at all and it feels nice and slick on my lips not sticky at all, which is a good thing for me, because I hate sticky glosses. The only downside is the pot, you have to stick your finger in it. When you're out and there isn't a napkin around, then you have to figure out where you can wipe the extra gloss off your finger! lol Other than that, I wish I could find some other colors..I would stock up, since this is obviously discontinued.

PROS: I bought ripe (a coral color) and a more red color. The red is nice for not too red. I love the coral (ripe) though. The smell is good. Pretty reasonable price.

CONS: A bit sticky. (That's probably what makes it last.) The colors are NOT as intense as they appear in the jar. Some won't like that it's in a pot.

*****I've heard rumors here that this is being discontinued (boo) and now I've seen them on clearance everywhere. I hope not, but if so, I'll stick with L'Oreal and Revlon glosses.*****

on 12/11/2009 3:36:00 AM

I love this lipgloss so much, it is the only lipgloss I use now and I have nearly all the colors. Its sticky which doesn't bother me because it gives it a more lasting quality. Its fairly sheer but that suits a fair complexion like mine, I am not so sure any lipgloss should be too pigmented.

One of my favorite lip products. Better than typical lip balms, nice density, great shine, good amount of color, smells yummy, and I like the sound of the cap as it unscrews. Solid, tough packaging that has survived being dropped several times, and all the colors are wearable. I have every color and didnt think twice about the cost...less than tendertones and by far a better product. If you want to try just one, I would try the lighter pink or orange/pink shade (savory I think), you will be surprised at the lovely tone it gives lips and the amt of moisture.

on 10/18/2009 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I just bought the High Intensity Lip Jelly In "Succulent" . I have dark brown skin and wanted a pinkish gloss to wear with a little brown lip liner. I usually buy more high end makeup so I am so pleased at the price! On my bare lips I spread the jelly on. A nicely pigmented sheer raspberry pink or I call it, a "rich pink". Not at all bubble gummy or cotton candy. Then I lightly lined my lips with Chestnut Mac lipliner and blended. Gorgeous! The beautiful pink gloss I was looking for. Just like all the stars wear and you KNOW the makeup artist mixed at least 2 or 3 shades for them, you know? It gives me a fresh, very pretty, very sophisticated pink lip look. I will definitely buy more and get the next darker shade.

on 10/6/2009 3:15:00 PM

This product is OK. I thought that b/c it was HIP the color would be really intense, but then again, it is a balm and not a gloss. The consistency is really smooth and the taste/fragrance is barely noticeable, so no annoying gummy tastes here. I don't think I would but it for $9, so I am glad Ulta had it on sale for $4.49, which is the reason I tried it. It's ok, it's just a balm but I think it's good enough to keep in my bag and use for touch-ups during the day when I don't want a full-on 'I just put some gloss on in the office' look.